3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Civic si turbo on Honda Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
Civic si turbo on Honda Fit?

Beginning stages of trying to plan if a budget turbo setup is possible.

anyone try to see if one bolts up yet? Looking at the two they sure appear similar. It’s a CRV turbo but figure they’re likely all the same flange. Obviously some custom work to be done but I figure with ktuner and this you’ve got the key components to get it going. Tried to google and search but just kept finding SI stuff.

figure that electronic waste gate might cause another issue

Old 10-21-2020, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
I know fueling is the next issue just looking at it one at a time.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Not the same flange...

Old 10-21-2020, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm so close. Bet an adapter can be done easily. Trying to see if there is a realistic budget way to add some HP. Don't want to swap it but need a little extra something

Old 10-21-2020, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Keep in mind that the turbo on the factory Honda's is in the front. This, plus an adapter, would have to fit between the motor and fire wall on your GK.

Old 10-21-2020, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yea I'd have to really see what kind of clearance is in there. Vs my 2017 CTR it'd be preferred to have it on the back, main reason people can't keep the CTR cool on track is that turbo sitting an inch from the radiator.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
No room for that. This has been covered here multiple times in the past.

Old 10-22-2020, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
There's no room? Someone already did it with a stock Civic turbo. Wish he had posted more about the process, but here's what we have-

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...urbo-done.html

Old 10-25-2020, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by .Grimace
Hmm so close. Bet an adapter can be done easily. Trying to see if there is a realistic budget way to add some HP. Don't want to swap it but need a little extra something
In the thread link Hasdrubal posted above, the turbo owner stated he had to drill holes in the exhaust side of the turbo to make it fit on the Fit's exhaust port. Also, he stated when it was all done, he was running head to head with a stock late model turbo Civic.

Stock late model turbo civics typically run in the 15 second range in the 1/4 mile. Si's can run as quick as mid 14's to low 15's, depending on how good the driver is at launching from a dead stop and shifting.

Your Fit is capable of running neck and neck with a stock late model turbo Civic. I know because I own a 2018 Honda Civic EX CVT (It's no longer stock of course. ). You just need a good intake, aftermarket downpipe and good straight through flowing muffler and lighter wheels than stock. That's it! You could also top it off with a Ktuner tune as well but I know with just the mods I stated, when it was REALLY cold outside, I manage to hit a 15.2@91mph at the dragstrip. The addition of a Ktuner allowed me to achieve mid to low 15's more consistently when the weather wasn't as cold though.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 10-25-2020 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by .Grimace
Yea I'd have to really see what kind of clearance is in there. Vs my 2017 CTR it'd be preferred to have it on the back, main reason people can't keep the CTR cool on track is that turbo sitting an inch from the radiator.
Did you give up? What happened? I may be willing to help 'contribute' to your project (for a price of course) if you are serious about it. I have my stock 2018 1.5ltr Civic turbo somewhere in my garage as well as the stock intercooler.

Old 11-18-2020, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
It's a shame there isn't a larger Fit performance customer base. There's maybe a dozen people here who would buy a turbo or supercharger kit if one were made, which probably isn't enough to bother for any of the tuner shops. A downpipe from a redrilled Civic turbo, an intercooler, some piping, and a ktuner map wouldn't be too difficult for a shop with their own dyno and a guy who knows his way around a mig welder, but for your average guy at home who doesn't have the dyno, welder, and a lift, it's kind of intimidating. I have a welder but not enough skill yet to try this, especially working under a car on jackstands in the driveway.

Any shop that would be a good option for a project like that will make a lot more money developing Civic parts, though. If you bring them a car and a box of parts, it will be a one off that costs $100/hr with a custom tune at probably $500 just for the dyno time.

Old 11-19-2020, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
It's a shame there isn't a larger Fit performance customer base. There's maybe a dozen people here who would buy a turbo or supercharger kit if one were made, which probably isn't enough to bother for any of the tuner shops. A downpipe from a redrilled Civic turbo, an intercooler, some piping, and a ktuner map wouldn't be too difficult for a shop with their own dyno and a guy who knows his way around a mig welder, but for your average guy at home who doesn't have the dyno, welder, and a lift, it's kind of intimidating. I have a welder but not enough skill yet to try this, especially working under a car on jackstands in the driveway.

Any shop that would be a good option for a project like that will make a lot more money developing Civic parts, though. If you bring them a car and a box of parts, it will be a one off that costs $100/hr with a custom tune at probably $500 just for the dyno time.
The main reason I’m not looking to do anything crazy with the L15B is the conn rods and crank. I’d want to do a bottom end job before I did any sort of boost application. Then it would need a new set of injectors, then that would call for an increase in HPFP volume, etc. And the costs seem to compound from there. I think if I ever do anything drastic it will be a K-swap with the Hasport kit, just cause the setup will be more reliable.

I agree though, that there’s not enough performance parts. I’m interested to see if anyone can stick a turbo on the L15B so we can all see what happens to it under boost.

Old 11-19-2020, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Azuki
The main reason I’m not looking to do anything crazy with the L15B is the conn rods and crank.
Stock crank is fine. Honda crankshafts are stout. Pistons and rods would be needed for a substantial power increase. As you said, so would fuel system which could run into a lot of money on the direct injected GK.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
As you said, so would fuel system which could run into a lot of money on the direct injected GK.
It’s called running dual injection, tap the intake manifold for thread style injectors...or make you own intake manifold
as for that turbo working good fucking luck lmao Honda did that shit on purpose, not to fuck up civic si sales... I started my own turbo build thread, not a single smart comment... it’s like reliable builders/ tuners are beyond rare in this community Or just tired of thinking outside the box for turbo solutions they all just give up and engine swap like the original b16 guys years back and now look at the b16 it’s a turbo work horse and some tuners are pushing 600hp laughing at us L series guy because no one is thinking outside the box