2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Coilovers to take me there....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Coilovers to take me there....

I'm finally ready to purchase,

My goal is to go as low as the car will let me and still drive.

What coilovers will take me there.

I've heard a lot about the buddy club n+ being pretty good about extreme drops but if anyone else has input I'd be glad to hear it. Thanks guys. My budget is close to $1400

Old 05-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm driving an 09 base GE btw

Old 05-03-2012, 02:36 PM
bag it instead of going static if you wanna go super low.

if you still want coilovers, here's the best bang for your buck

D2 Racing NA - Products - RS Coilovers

Old 05-03-2012, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
I really wish people would stop recommending D2s. They are junk, seriously. If you want a budget coilover even K-Sport is a better build quality than D2.

If you can afford them on your budget I would go with Fortune Auto. The comfort series should be available for the GE. PM me for more info on them, I am a huge fan of them for a multitude of reasons.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Fortune Auto coilovers are $1200+. Only negative thing i've heard on the D2's are that they're stiff.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Well I'm looking mostly for height adjustability so I'm willing to sacrifice some comfort to get the look I'm shooting for. What do d2's and fortune auto have to offer as far as drop?

Old 05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
Both are Taiwan trash.

sfar seems to recommend a lot of trash, he should stop with that.

OP, you're going to have to spend to get anything that doesn't suck.

HKS (if they make anything for the GE6/8), will likely go lowest, but they'll cost you.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:20 PM
The D2 will slam you almost to the ground, if you want a better coilover get the Buddy Club N+. They're $1200 but i can tell you that i have heard nothing but positive reviews from buddies who have them.

and what other trash have i recommended?

Old 05-03-2012, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Rotas, D2, etc.

Those two are enough to be blocked from recommending in the future.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:27 PM
lol, another Rota hater. I've raced for years on Rota/Drag/Sportmax/etc and never had a problem. Get off the bandwagon, those wheels are fine for DD driving.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
How have you 'raced', do educate me please.

And I'm sorry I do not believe in the theft of other's intellectual property.

Also, it is not hate, I have zero respect for their business practices or their trash quality. Will the wheel last? Maybe, will it look good doing so? Not a chance. Put a legit wheel next to a rep POS and the finish of the quality wheel will EMBARRASS the rep, its just appalling how shit they are.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
BC racing coilovers. i picked up a set for just over a grand CDN. they ride great. fully adjustable with 32way dampening. i have nothing but good to say. i was looking at buddy club before i bought these. the shop i was dealing with told me about these, and suggested these. i read up on them and they had good reviews. i don't know of anyone else on the site with them on their GE. they aren't listed on the site. i'm set at the lowest setting, and they feel great. they have front camber adjustment that keep you within camber spec. anywho, any questions, or whatever, i can get pics, and whatnot. goodluck with the search!

Old 05-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Autocross, 4 years of it. Not everyone can afford Volks/Rays/BBS/etc, so reps are fine for people who just wanna throw a set of reps on their car and DD. Of course reps won't look nearly as good as the real deal but not everyone has $3000 for a set of TE37's but they can afford $550 wheels. I have had everything from Slips, Circuit 8's, Buddy Club P2's, Motegi M116's, etc and have yet to have a problem. I live in Oklahoma where our roads are TERRIBLE, i hit potholes all day but i have never cracked or bent a wheel.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Both are Taiwan trash.

sfar seems to recommend a lot of trash, he should stop with that.

OP, you're going to have to spend to get anything that doesn't suck.

HKS (if they make anything for the GE6/8), will likely go lowest, but they'll cost you.
I am hoping by both you weren't referring to the Fortunes.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
I is doe. Unless you can provide with info proving my statement false, which I will be glad to accept and correct myself.

And EVERYONE IN THE WORLD CAN AFFORD REAL WHEELS.

I'm a college kid who is paying my way through school, working part-time, paying EVERYTHING car related on my own, and yet, I can afford non-trash wheels? MIND BLOWING.

Saving up is an option, the best one at that.

And AutoX isn't exactly a sport that kills parts..maybe if you took it out of the parking lot you'd have destroyed some wheels.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
I is doe. Unless you can provide with info proving my statement false, which I will be glad to accept and correct myself.

And EVERYONE IN THE WORLD CAN AFFORD REAL WHEELS.

I'm a college kid who is paying my way through school, working part-time, paying EVERYTHING car related on my own, and yet, I can afford non-trash wheels? MIND BLOWING.

Saving up is an option, the best one at that.

And AutoX isn't exactly a sport that kills parts..maybe if you took it out of the parking lot you'd have destroyed some wheels.
Well to start with Swift Springs works in partnership with them to develop springs for their coilovers. Not exactly typical of Swift to work in conjunction with just anyone.

They also dyno test every coilover assembly and match them together in a set for the best quality. All rebuilds, dyno testing and upgrades are assembled in North America.

I would say that is a pretty good start to why they aren't "Taiwan Trash"

Also for the record, where something is built isn't always the main factor in if it crap or not. The places who build for D2, Cusco, KW, Skunk2 are all very similar. The main difference is the budget the brand is paying for their coilovers. I guarantee you the buildhouse who makes Moton suspension has a few companies they kick out products for that we consider crap. However, that is what the buildhouse was contracted to do and it is what they get paid for.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Swift works with Stance too. I wouldn't call Stance a quality coilover either. And Moton's quality has dropped off hugely since being bought out.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm prior military with 2 kids, just paid off my house and have 3 cars that are all paid for, i have more priorities than $2000 wheels. Maybe when you grow up a little and get outta college into the real world you'll understand that replica wheels will get you just as much pussy as Volks. So instead of being one of the douchebags on a Honda Fit forum, take into consideration that people have budgets and not everyone cares to have "real" wheels. Sure, people can save up, but why save up to have something that doesn't make your car any "better"? (Wait, unless they're just another hard parker in front of Walmart on a Friday night "Holy fuck guys, I got a part-time job but i gots real wheels on my $12k car!!" Grow up, son.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
When have I said I paid anywhere near 2k for my wheels? People always assume this, yet I didn't pay near that, I probably paid less for my Brand NEW Advans than you did any of your crap wheels.

And b/c you have kids you can't buy yourself things that don't suck? Well shoot, my Dad must've not cared about me or my siblings

Old 05-03-2012, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Swift works with Stance too. I wouldn't call Stance a quality coilover either. And Moton's quality has dropped off hugely since being bought out.
Don't get me wrong. I am not saying Fortune is the best coilover in the world and neither is Stance. I am saying it isn't fair to act like D2 and Fortune Auto are in the same league or made of the same cloth, because they aren't.

Also quality drop offs aside the point remains the same. Take out the name Moton and replace it with whoever you want. Ohlins, Showa, Dan's Super Dee Duper Racing Shop. the rule is the same.

Quick Reply: Coilovers to take me there....