2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

GE8 Lowered Thread - Post your pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Type_LS
The kit that i bought of eBay which i included the link i paid $63 shipped and that came with the lip and all the hardware to install it.. I took off my bumper to get it lined up. you will have to cut about 2 inches of each side as its to long.

Other then that it just a matter of screwing it in. You will have to bent it a little to make it fit. I did this on my own. I found no thread at all for this lip. I also painted my lip. I used BedLiner paint. The lip comes a blackish grey if you look at my first pix.

here are a few more pix for you guys...
so clean! How much lower does the front hang with the STI lip on? I'm debating on whether or not I should get it.

and to add to the thread:

Old 11-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Wafulz
well u gotta add extra screws to attach not to hard honestly i would help u if u need
I just got the lip from kie and there were no screws nothing included. Straight lip.....

Old 11-03-2012, 12:20 AM
What screws will i need?

Old 11-03-2012, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
The lip itself lowers the front 1.5 inches.. so i have to be more careful were i drive now.. all apart of being low

turbodatfit: The eBay kit came with 8 screws which i used all of them. It also came with 4 push pin clips but i only used 2 of them. i used all the pre drilled holes. its not hard to install at all. start from the center and work your way out. you will be bending the lip in order to fit the bumper nice and snug.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:16 PM
The lip itself lowers the front 1.5 inches.. so i have to be more careful were i drive now.. all apart of being low

turbodatfit: The eBay kit came with 8 screws which i used all of them. It also came with 4 push pin clips but i only used 2 of them. i used all the pre drilled holes. its not hard to install at all. start from the center and work your way out. you will be bending the lip in order to fit the bumper nice and snug.
You think i can Get those clips from you? Or do you know where i can buy them? Do you have pics of the parts i need? Like the screw how many washers and bolts? I want to know what i need.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:58 PM
The kit that i bought of eBay which i included the link i paid $63 shipped and that came with the lip and all the hardware to install it.. I took off my bumper to get it lined up. you will have to cut about 2 inches of each side as its to long.

Other then that it just a matter of screwing it in. You will have to bent it a little to make it fit. I did this on my own. I found no thread at all for this lip. I also painted my lip. I used BedLiner paint. The lip comes a blackish grey if you look at my first pix.

here are a few more pix for you guys...

these pix are for CHRISP1 who wanted to see my spoiler..

sorry to quote all these pics,but 1. this is awesome. 2. can this be done on a 2013? whats the center measure at ?

Old 11-03-2012, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TurboDatFit
You think i can Get those clips from you? Or do you know where i can buy them? Do you have pics of the parts i need? Like the screw how many washers and bolts? I want to know what i need.
screws look like this.. 8 total

the push pins look like this.. 2 total

Old 11-03-2012, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by maticus74
sorry to quote all these pics,but 1. this is awesome. 2. can this be done on a 2013? whats the center measure at ?
Im sure it can be done on a 2013. The lip seems to be able to fit anything..lol
for the center i went off the black piece that hangs down from under the bumper.. idk what its called

Old 11-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Im sure it can be done on a 2013. The lip seems to be able to fit anything..lol
for the center i went off the black piece that hangs down from under the bumper.. idk what its called
Did you have to take off the black bar?

Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Wafulz
well u gotta add extra screws to attach not to hard honestly i would help u if u need
I might take you up on that offer. I went Kie Whole sale to get the lip. No screws or hardware included plus no instructions (not worried about instructions, but annoyed of no hardware)

I'm gonna try to give this a go probably sometime within this month or something. Thanks for all of your help Type_LS and Wafulz.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM

Do you know where I can buy these screws and push pins?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:04 PM

Sorry but do you know the size of the clips? 7mm, 8mm etc?... I'm gonna buy some off ebay, since the Honda ones are like $8 bucks for 10....

Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
yes you will have to take off the bar bc the lip sits there.. but the push pins are the same size as the honda ones so you will be good there.. the screws im sure you can get them at home depot, lowes, ace, or any hardware store.. hope that helps.. if you lived in florida i'd be more then happy to do it for you

Old 11-04-2012, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
yes you will have to take off the bar bc the lip sits there.. but the push pins are the same size as the honda ones so you will be good there.. the screws im sure you can get them at home depot, lowes, ace, or any hardware store.. hope that helps.. if you lived in florida i'd be more then happy to do it for you
So many questions. Thanks for replying. You need to take yours off again and make a DIY thread with pics - lol. I really lke you look. So clean.

What wheels do you have? The tint of them go well with the tow hook.

Debating here whether to do this mod. Damn you are low in front. While I have only scrubbed the corner of my lip a couple of times( mainly not paying attention) I suspect with this lip I would scrape it often. It would be rather low for the winter as well. But, on other hand I am running out of stuff to mod.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
So many questions. Thanks for replying. You need to take yours off again and make a DIY thread with pics - lol. I really lke you look. So clean.

What wheels do you have? The tint of them go well with the tow hook.

Debating here whether to do this mod. Damn you are low in front. While I have only scrubbed the corner of my lip a couple of times( mainly not paying attention) I suspect with this lip I would scrape it often. It would be rather low for the winter as well. But, on other hand I am running out of stuff to mod.
yeah im thinkin about a DIY thread.. lol.. i have a meet coming up this weekend and im trying to get the FIT ready for it after the meet i might make the thread..

But the wheels i have are Work Rozest's.. they are 16x7.. they were in rought shape when i got them. I had them redone and paint North Shore Blue pearl. The same color that comes on the CR-Z..

I drive outta the way so i dont scrub..takes me a little longer but its worth it..if i didnt do that the lip would have been knocked of the first day.. I seen Fitdeez has this lip as well but he put his on his mugen lip so he is EXTREMELY LOW

Old 11-04-2012, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
yeah im thinkin about a DIY thread.. lol.. i have a meet coming up this weekend and im trying to get the FIT ready for it after the meet i might make the thread..

But the wheels i have are Work Rozest's.. they are 16x7.. they were in rought shape when i got them. I had them redone and paint North Shore Blue pearl. The same color that comes on the CR-Z..

I drive outta the way so i dont scrub..takes me a little longer but its worth it..if i didnt do that the lip would have been knocked of the first day.. I seen Fitdeez has this lip as well but he put his on his mugen lip so he is EXTREMELY LOW
Nice wheels and a bit pricy from what I have seen. Good colour choice.

I am going to pass on doing the lip. I would just hate to scrape one.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by TurboDatFit
Do you know where I can buy these screws and push pins?
you can use oem push pins you take off. you're going to have a bunch sitting around

Old 11-05-2012, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  682B92F8-E832-4C95-B098-8409D9341B3E-13057-00000D3F95164CDA.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  126.8 KB

GE8 FTW

Old 11-05-2012, 03:06 PM
So nice.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pig_pit
So nice.
Thank u sir

Quick Reply: GE8 Lowered Thread - Post your pics!!!