2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

GE8 Lowered Thread - Post your pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spootnik
Buddy Club N+

I want that rear bumper.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by FIT-tles Worth
Before:

After:

this combination is sick soo clean

Old 09-02-2012, 03:48 PM
^thx my man. WORK wheels FTW

Old 09-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Good work and wheel choice FtW!

I so love how the ge look on xd9 that's why I'm in no hurry into selling mine... no hurry but still for sale

Old 09-03-2012, 07:32 PM
^ lol yea, i plan on some nice pics next weekend. Ill post em up....

Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 AM
good day fellow FF members, i was thinking of making a new thread but i guess this is the correct place to ask about anything regarding lowering etc.

So here goes, here in PH we really have bad roads (bumps, potholes, cracks etc). I'm currently running these rim/tire specs:

-17x7.5 +45 offset
-205/45 tires
-5mm spacers rear

now i'm not really looking to drop the hell out of my fit but maybe a good 1-1.5"? inch drop at most since usually im riding with 3 more passengers and some cargo on the trunk.

Springs available here and the ones i'm thinking about are the following:

-Tein H-Tech
-Eibach Pro Kits
-Tanabe NF210

Now my Fit will be DD so mainly i'm more concerned with the ride (closest to stock as possible or even softer? since stock is quite harsh TBH). Rubbing as well as when i carry like 3 more passengers and trunk cargo.

Tried to research about H-techs but there are maybe none to 2 reviews out there but no actual pictures (that i know of) installed on a Fit. So i'm kinda leaning towards the Eibachs now.

Any inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Old 09-04-2012, 09:59 AM
IL & WI silvers

Old 09-04-2012, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
i gotta get more lowe after seeing this...but I'm waiting for the winter to come and pass (w/ raising the coils and stockers) before I attempt such.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Finally got a side pic but still needs a wash

Enkei
17x7 +45 205/45
-0.1 camber
Buddy club N+, lowered 2"

Last edited by spootnik; 09-16-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Lowered 2" w/ 17s???? Doesn't look like it...there's still some wheel gap?? It looks good tho don't get me wrong. Ha, and -0.1 deg of camber? That's not worth mentioning... What kind of Enkeis are those?? I don't recognize them. Like 'em tho! How much do you love the N+? I can't get enough of mine. Best upgrade possible in my opinion for the Fit, er...I mean JAZZ.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:42 PM
thats only a 2" drop, on 17 with 45 series tires? and aww only a 2" drop on the n+? i heard they're the only coils for fit that drop the lowest.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:52 PM
^ i think EVIL's new coils are lowest

Old 09-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
Lowered 2" w/ 17s???? Doesn't look like it...there's still some wheel gap?? It looks good tho don't get me wrong. Ha, and -0.1 deg of camber? That's not worth mentioning... What kind of Enkeis are those?? I don't recognize them. Like 'em tho! How much do you love the N+? I can't get enough of mine. Best upgrade possible in my opinion for the Fit, er...I mean JAZZ.
I could be wrong on the two inches. I measured off the ground before and after and had a 6cm difference and I assumed 1" is like 3cm. Anyways, amateur measurements :-D

Coil overs are great man, car handles like never before and much more than expected. Slotted cambers are a pain to adjust but other than that, for the price, they are awesome.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Could go lower but the rears are scraping and i need to get it rolled this weekend. Tyres are also too thick, maybe next time I change tyres I'll go lower

Old 09-16-2012, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sabawballs
good day fellow FF members, i was thinking of making a new thread but i guess this is the correct place to ask about anything regarding lowering etc.

So here goes, here in PH we really have bad roads (bumps, potholes, cracks etc). I'm currently running these rim/tire specs:

-17x7.5 +45 offset
-205/45 tires
-5mm spacers rear

now i'm not really looking to drop the hell out of my fit but maybe a good 1-1.5"? inch drop at most since usually im riding with 3 more passengers and some cargo on the trunk.

-Tein H-Tech
-Eibach Pro Kits
-Tanabe NF210

Now my Fit will be DD so mainly i'm more concerned with the ride (closest to stock as possible or even softer? since stock is quite harsh TBH). Rubbing as well as when i carry like 3 more passengers and trunk cargo.

Tried to research about H-techs but there are maybe none to 2 reviews out there but no actual pictures (that i know of) installed on a Fit. So i'm kinda leaning towards the Eibachs now.

It's hard to have you cake and eat it too. You're either going to have a harsh ride on one extreme or rub if it's too soft. I really like my Tein Street Basis Coils...a nice balance.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT-tles Worth
^ i think EVIL's new coils are lowest
Bingo. HKS Hipermax S-Style X. BuddyClub N+'s drop second lowest.

I have the BuddyClub's personally, I love them. All the way down in the rears with both collars in along with the rubber grommets on the top and bottom of the spring. Fronts still have room to go lower. (Rims are 17x7 front 17x7.5 rear 205/40s all around).

Old 09-16-2012, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
The rears are all the way down in that pic? Wow. That's not very low

Old 09-16-2012, 09:00 PM
OT observation

OT observations about lowering mods

After reading the FF threads for a while, it's interesting to observe the remarks about what tires, wheels, and suspension components work together, resulting in whatever effect the posters are after.

I have no plans to change my 2012 base Fit's setup (beyond maybe going to 16s when orig rubber wears out). But from most of the 90's until around '03 my hobby was radically modifying used Suzuki Samurai's into very capable hard core off-roaders, while maintaining street legality (for the most part.) How I wish there had be a SF (samurai freaks) forum to discuss possibilities, as I went through many combinations of spring lifts, homemade body lifts, bigger wider tires and wheels with different offsets, even to the point of welding new spring perches to mount postal jeep leaf springs. And shocks of course. Even my own version of fender rolling: a hammer flattening everything inside the wheelwells, and moving the front axle back an inch for increased wheel clearence when turning.

True I was going higher rather than lower, but all the same considerations still applied. My personal favorite samurai (I had 4) ended up with 3" hand made body lift, new welded in spring perches, postal jeep springs, articulated extended shackles, chrome ford 15" rims, longer shocks, and 31" LT tires. And a way to quickly disconnect my front sway bar to allow more axle flex as I left pavement and hit the trails.

I loved all those samurai mods, even those that didn't quite work the first time. I get the impression many of you feel the same, as you work toward your own personal vision of Fit perfection.

Go for it! (Er, while hoping your insurance carrier doesn't quite catch on to the extent of your mods...the last few years of samurai mods this was a very real concern of mine, as I know my carrier would have dropped me had he any idea of the extent of my changes...maybe even if he ever found out the places in the desert mountains I'd make it go.)

Paul H
2012 TW base AT Fit
tinted, window deflected, accord horn, switchable cargo light, and Coverking leather seat covers due to arrive in 2 days.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
... What kind of Enkeis are those?? I don't recognize them. Like 'em tho!

They are Enkei SC24

Old 10-07-2012, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
looking at exactly the same choices and we are in the same place! found yours already?

Originally Posted by sabawballs

-17x7.5 +45 offset
-205/45 tires
-5mm spacers rear

-Tein H-Tech
-Eibach Pro Kits
-Tanabe NF210

Quick Reply: GE8 Lowered Thread - Post your pics!!!