2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Honda Fit Suspension Lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2022 | 09:37 PM
5 Year Member

Yellow speed Dynamic Pro Gravel Rally Coilover installed on a honda fit 2007 GD . Available on special order only .They are installed with hard race rubber top plate .

Special order with the 5k spring .The sway bar link doesn't fit because the strut is bigger than the oem .I finally installed the link kit reversed to make it work .

Old 06-06-2022 | 04:27 AM
Thank you all for this thread

Lifted my 2012 Jazz

Honda Insight 2012 springs front and back. TEMA 4X4 spacers in front.

@@buddyolepal I will take pictures of it, if you still have not found it.

Pre lift with full LPG tank and spare tire:

Lifted back:

full lift:

Old 06-21-2022 | 10:14 AM
Lifted '14 GE8 LX

Originally Posted by hondaphil

At the left honda fit gd 2007 and the right insight 2010 . That's give me about 1.75 in lift .Insight coil are a bit bigger and stiffer .
The insight coil are paired with Bilstein b6 from the saab 900 1995 .I needed to grind a bit to fit de bilstein because they are really big ,i put some 3/8 washer on the bottom mount to fill the gap.This is my rallycar back suspension setup .The car is stable and the suspension is not hard at all .The real test will be on the rally stage .

Are the SAAB shocks longer? I'm hunting for longer travel vs OEM.

Old 07-11-2022 | 02:02 AM
hey did you get these Bilstein shocks? i want to know if they are longer too

Old 07-11-2022 | 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Compressed Length (IN) 14.4 Extended Length (IN) 20.49 for the honda fit KYB shock and the bilstein 24-025386 are about 14 inch compressed and 22 inch extended . The suspension arm on the fit gd did not go farther than the travel of the 24-025386 shock .46mm bilstein shock are beef on the car and you need to grind the suspension arm to fit these . koni 8041 1191sport are smaller in diameter and maybe easyer to fit . I did not find the perfect spring to match the bilstein shock ... oem are to soft and the insight spring are to high for my taste ( 2 inch+ lift) .

Old 08-05-2022 | 03:22 PM
does anyone who has the front lift kit know how it goes together? im thinking about designing a spacer for the for out of polyurethane. i fill like it would be really easy but i want to check how current spacers are looking on struts. every instructions paper i pull for installing struts doesnt even use the honda fit strut

Old 10-10-2022 | 12:00 PM
I recently installed the insight rear springs (so worth it!) and just got the parts in for the Tema4x4 front strut extenders. I have a few questions before I dive in to the front lift install.

The instructions say to drill the top strut retainer to 18mm for the stud extender. Am I drilling only through strut retainer or do I have to drill through the frame of the car as well to enlarge the hole (I haven’t disassembled things yet to see)? Do I have to make it exactly 18mm or can I use a 3/4” step bit which is 19mm? I couldn’t find an 18mm drill bit locally. The original stud has the center 6mm Allen key so you can tighten and loosen the top nut without the strut spinning freely, but the new stud extension doesn’t have this center part. Will that be an issue with tightening or loosening the top nut? Also the strut extender came with a thick washer that isn’t in the instruction pdf. I assume that goes just below the top nut and on top of the strut retainer?

If anyone have any helpful input before I dive in, I’d really appreciate it.

Last edited by mnguyen1224; 10-10-2022 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2022 | 11:16 PM
Update:

3/4” harbor freight step bit was perfect. You only have to drill the top strut retainer.

Some notes in no order:

you have to tighten the top strut bolt before you replace the end link bolt or it won’t line up.

you have to remove the entire front wiper and plastic guard to truly access the strut bolts on top.

If your knuckle doesn’t seem to want to go back in the strut, you probably need to reseat the driveshaft (or whatever it’s called). One side felt out when the knuckle dropped and I couldn’t get the knuckle into the strut mount until I realized what happened.

fairly simple install but did take me about 4 hours total.

thanks guys. Stoked on the lift!

Old 10-02-2023 | 11:38 PM
Coilovers YSR ya or na?

an old thread but anyone have any issues with thier lifted GD fits? any preferred setup?

I love my fit currently running oversized tires 185 70 14 (24" x7.3" vs 23" x 6.9" tire) with no issues, I want to lift the car, keep the big wheel size, and add significant power eventually, kind of the opposite of "stance"

What's the best option? Looks like at least one person has installed YSR hows it going? Are there any other coilovers that lift the car? Maybe at least retain the stock height?

I have Tema 4x4 spacers but idk, they seem a bit questionable especially if adding power. Insight Springs seem okay. what about sways? still installed, upgraded?

Looking to build a blasty rally-inspired GD3 out of my fit.

Old 10-06-2023 | 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Elldawg
an old thread but anyone have any issues with thier lifted GD fits? any preferred setup?

I love my fit currently running oversized tires 185 70 14 (24" x7.3" vs 23" x 6.9" tire) with no issues, I want to lift the car, keep the big wheel size, and add significant power eventually, kind of the opposite of "stance"

What's the best option? Looks like at least one person has installed YSR hows it going? Are there any other coilovers that lift the car? Maybe at least retain the stock height?

I have Tema 4x4 spacers but idk, they seem a bit questionable especially if adding power. Insight Springs seem okay. what about sways? still installed, upgraded?

Looking to build a blasty rally-inspired GD3 out of my fit.
those tires fit on stock fit? I’m using mine for hunting down two tracks and want to lift and put tires on mine. Thanks for the thread!