2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Eulogy GE8

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by julianachos
Such a good addition! One day I'll add a map light to mine.
The map light takes a lil bit of time..not too bad...but i really like it.

My first gas station pic...for no reason.

Old 10-20-2021, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by eulogy
New Replica "J's Racing" Grill

Kind of on the fence with this one. All I know is I hate cleaning the holes in the stock grill. if this one doesn't work out I might try hacking up the "sport grill".

Got this from someone local. Its made for a JDM bumper, and had no mounting holes, so it Took a decent amount of cutting to get to fit. to my surprise, considering the JDM bumper is so much shorter than the USDM version, will be almost completely flush when done. Was even able to get it to fit in the notch of the radiator plate like the original grill does (with much cutting/test fitting), as well as use all of the upper OEM fasteners. Still a bit more tweaking.

Do you have any pictures of the areas that you cut and trimmed on the grill during the test fitting? I have the mugen GE8 grill but will likely sell it. I think Im gonna go this route with the Rep J's version instead since I swapped the 13 front bumper to a 09-11. Really digging the badge-less look.

Old 10-21-2021, 12:08 PM

Best grill pic i could find showing the final shape. Hope it helps!

Added an X-Bar....shout outs to Xbar_jazz ..will have more details and pics soon. Got some secondary interior shock caps and rear seatbelt caps from the junkyard...and trimmed them to accomodate the bars, just need to clean it up back there. Got them more for looks, but they surprisingly and noticably stiffened up the rear quite a bit. Even had to soften the rear shocks a bit to accommodate.

Last edited by eulogy; 10-21-2021 at 12:32 PM. Reason: add link to xbar_jazz
Old 01-17-2022, 03:28 PM
Wilwood DHPA / Blank rotors/ Full fluid flush

Wasnt planning on doing brakes right yet ...but passenger side piston was sticking and dragging the pad. Brake fluid was long over due. So ordered up some Wilwood DHPA with blank rotors. Install wasnt terrible, drivers side hose needed about 20in/lbs more torque than passenger side to get to stop leaking. Both calipers took forever to get all the air out. Entire job took twice as long as i thought....but thats every job i do. Also forgot to prep the rotors during the week. I decided on the blank rotors, unfortunately they come unfinished so i sprayed the hats and edges with VHT black caliper paint. Cant stand the look of rusty brakes. As for the actual brake job it didnt help i was doing the one man brake bleed dance. Gets old quick. Rear pads still have decent amount of meat so sanded em up a bit and sprayed those clean. Bedded the new front pads and all seems well. No noises or leaks. I havnt done any crazy braking...but there is an obvious improvement, especially on the couple of simulated "emergency" stops. Tried ordering Techna-fit braided lines but they gave me a song n dance with their shipping. Long story short, lines are going back, im not wasting my time with that company.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eulogy
Entire job took twice as long as i thought....but thats every job i do.
I felt this in my soul.

Old 01-20-2022, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by julianachos
I felt this in my soul.
Lol.... thought it was just me.

Old 03-19-2022, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
it's been sometime now, what's your opinion from Tein to BC Coilovers?

I ended up not buying the Bilsteins but back to considering lowering my car. Originally was set to go with Koni + Swifts but now considering the TEIN Advance Z and then the costly jump to BC or Bilsteins.

Old 05-03-2022, 02:34 AM
Hi Eulogy,

Where did you buy the cupholder lighting? Can you share the website link?

Old 05-11-2022, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by perkidddoh
it's been sometime now, what's your opinion from Tein to BC Coilovers?

I ended up not buying the Bilsteins but back to considering lowering my car. Originally was set to go with Koni + Swifts but now considering the TEIN Advance Z and then the costly jump to BC or Bilsteins.

Opinion still same as discussed in email. Long story short...Tien felt quality for a budget coilover, but too soft for my taste. Never made noise or physically leaked even with them being used in the fully lowered mode. but i could feel the struts n shocks bottoming out on the bump stopp on aggressive dips/turn.

BC been good so far no problems..really stiff with the 7/6 k springs i ordered. Walking the line of too stiff for street use...but im also in my 40s so my requirements have "matured" lol. definitely had to soften the shocks/struts from about 27 clicks out of 30 to about 17 for the winter. Stiffness was borderline tolerable but got lots of interior rattles too which got annoying.

Ps sorry for late reply!

Old 05-11-2022, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by mrtan
Hi Eulogy,

Where did you buy the cupholder lighting? Can you share the website link?
Info was in original post ...
Cupholder Lighting
- 2012-2013 Center Cover Assembly: 77290-TF0-G01ZA
- (1 qty) Blue SMD LED Bulb: Size T5
- T5 Socket, extended pigtail, wire loom

Cupholder i think i got from hondaparts now or bernardi....most dealerships shop it as out of stock as i think its been discontinued...so i recommend calling the dealerships to check availability because their online stock isnt always accurate. The pigtail and bulb i got on ebay.

Old 05-18-2022, 12:43 PM
Thanks, I tried calling Bernardi and Honda parts and they said the part 77290-TF0-G01ZA is just a cover without a light. 1 dealer gave me another part# 08E10-TK5-100 but its for illuminating the front floor area. Maybe I'll try to stop by in 1 of our Honda dealers in the area to show the picture you posted with the part number.

Old 05-18-2022, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by mrtan
Thanks, I tried calling Bernardi and Honda parts and they said the part 77290-TF0-G01ZA is just a cover without a light. 1 dealer gave me another part# 08E10-TK5-100 but its for illuminating the front floor area. Maybe I'll try to stop by in 1 of our Honda dealers in the area to show the picture you posted with the part number.
That part number is the one with the light cut out. U still have to buy a bulb and pigtail...and wire it in. I tied mine into the hazard light.

Trick is u have to tell them ur car is a 2012 or 2013 honda Fit. They changed the front bumpers and interior trim color from silver (09-11) to a graphite color (12-13)...and also included the cupholder light, revised cupholder with deeper pocket...and a few other things.

But in the end...from what i remember it is a discontinued part i had to dig for.

Old 05-18-2022, 05:57 PM
Thank you.

Old 05-21-2022, 07:39 PM
Bearing Replacement

so this is what i got into today. replaced hub. ive done this job before, the first time because i broke a wheel stud loosening the wheel nuts while the car was on the ground. i decided to replace both front bearing and hubs just to they would both be new. the second time i had to replace them was because i bumped a curb sliding on some ice on a turn. actually replaced it twice that second time because the ebay seller i got the hub and bearing from sent me a wrong or not machined properly hub that wouldnt slide over the axle. of course i realized this when the job was basically done on the reassembly, after i pressed the bearing into the knuckle, and the hub into the bearing. pissed. i had to pull the hub, buy a bearing locally at autozone, cut the race off the old hub and repeat the process.

so fast forward to a couple months ago, the same driver side bearing started to hum on the freeway at about 80. i think i was tired the last time and used the wrong plate on the back of the bearing when i was pressing the hub in. most likely my fault. so i ordered a single hub and bearing for the drivers side, and a couple weeks ago decided to get it done again. bought another bearing press kit on ebay, rented the slide hammer and hub adapter from autozone and went at it. well now i could get the axle bolt off. was literally jumping on the breaker bar (yes i opened the nut dimple thing). messed with it for half an hour, and threw the towel in. when i took the car in to Honda to have the axles replaced under the recall last summer or whenever it was, the clowns must have torqued the hell out of it with an impact since i know they did to my lug nuts. i had a feeling they would and drove home and they were tight as hell. loosened em hoping they wouldnt snap off, and torqued them to proper spec. i thought about driving to a couple random mechanic shops to have em break it loose but didnt want to bother since i figured theyd decline because of liability issues. i was just irritated with it. done. few days later i decided to buy a Dewalt impact wrench....went all in on the 1/2'' - 20v high torque model, well that thing slapped that axel nut silly. IMPRESSED!

now luckily i remembered the issue with the last hub not fitting over the axle, so before pressing it in, i test fit it and guess what, it didnt slide over it. this was from a different seller and a couple years later mind you , so wherever these sellers (this time was from seller: worldpartspro) got this batch from, its running rampant. i didnt want to reuse the hub again, but since the car was apart and my only vehicle, and im doing this work in an apartment parking lot, it needed to get done. cut the bearing off the old hub and reused it. new bearing was ok. reassembled everything and dropped the front coilovers all the way down, which means about half an inch lower, and slightly raked. ill probably raise it because when i first installed the coilovers i was max dropped and was getting too much scrub. just felt like rolling a bit lower for a bit. important part is i went for a test ride and no more bearing hum or funny noises, yay.

so sorry for the lack of updates, not much has changed, just been commuting with it. did an oil and filter change about a month ago...pretty boring so didnt post it lol. i planned on doing a motor swap this year, but now im not sure when with inflation prices of everything. it is still on the to do list though.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:12 PM
Back in working order and clean

all cleaned up and back in working order! need to detail the motor better but got it back to decent, was lookin pretty bad. the carbon hood doesnt seal as good as the original and the engine bay definitely gets more dirty.
heres a few quick shots...

Last edited by eulogy; 05-24-2022 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:38 PM

Old 05-15-2023, 03:16 PM
Literally just went through this entire thread, and I have to say...THANK YOU, I love clean builds, I came up in the late 90's early 00's with my very JDM'd out 240sx (sr20, silvia front end, etc). Then came abusive wife, kid, split, minivan, motorcycle, second kid, divorce, now I got the kids and all the bills..lol. Got back to Japan goodness with my LS430, and two weeks ago I picked up a 2010 Sport with a 5 speed from a good friend. I'm looking at coilovers eventually and the slipstreams too, but I really love the interior lighting mods (lighting designer by trade so it's in my blood)

Old 05-18-2023, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Dezmodromic
Literally just went through this entire thread....
Me too! Lots of cool ideas here.