2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by spryter
That is a nice body kit. When people think body kits, they always think of the really awful stuff from when I started in this hobby from the early 00s. There are actually a lot of really nice kits out there now.

I think with a gloss black powdercoat and the emblem removed, the eBay grille would show less lot of its flaws.
Yea it definitely is; the only downside is it's for the jdm Fit.

I think so too-- I've been thinking of painting it black, would make it look even more subtle.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
Its almost a non-change from stock, given that we have a black grille from the factory, but I think the look would be just different enough for me.

My original plan with the stock grille is almost even more stock-like. I was going to cut out the center section, replace it with metal mesh, have that powdercoated, then replace the stock emblem.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
Its almost a non-change from stock, given that we have a black grille from the factory, but I think the look would be just different enough for me.

My original plan with the stock grille is almost even more stock-like. I was going to cut out the center section, replace it with metal mesh, have that powdercoated, then replace the stock emblem.
I see! Makes me think of the older Honda grilles haha. I'm happy with mine until I either find someone to fabricate something like the Nobless grilles or find a way to do it myself;

Old 11-04-2014, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
All in all, I think yours looks good. It has flaws, but for ebay prices, I don't expect perfection.

If you want to get some stock replacements to chop up in future, JC Whitney has lots of replacement body panels for pretty good prices. If they shipped for free to Canada, I'd be getting a new front end to chop up and add to, too. For what it would cost, I'll probably just get a grille.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator
All in all, I think yours looks good. It has flaws, but for ebay prices, I don't expect perfection.

If you want to get some stock replacements to chop up in future, JC Whitney has lots of replacement body panels for pretty good prices. If they shipped for free to Canada, I'd be getting a new front end to chop up and add to, too. For what it would cost, I'll probably just get a grille.
Thanks! Very true, it's a shame there aren't much parts available for the GE. I've been following Bisimoto and Tjin Edition and I feel like the new GK's are gunna have far more parts available in the near future haha.

I see! I sort of had a bad experience with JC Whitney but maybe I'll try again one day

Old 11-04-2014, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
Which is kinda too bad. I really like the GE. But it'll end up being the generation the aftermarket forgets about. It's more refined than the GD, and I like the look more than the GK. The new front end annoys me for some reason. The way the grille goes under the headlights just looks wrong.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
Not much change, but so far since the last update I covered the wheel center caps with vinyl and put an "H" on them, the Jazz brake light that you can kind of see in the pic below, and a little more fender roll in the rear with 5mm spacers. I thought I wouldn't see the difference but I actually do haha

I plan to run extended studs with 15-20mm spacers in the near future and get all the corners sitting nice and flush. But this'll do for now

Attached Thumbnails Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.-15565984528_7deb47562b_c.jpg   Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.-15566727090_ab8f30f644_c.jpg  
Old 11-14-2014, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Burzpaw

Nice J(azz) LOL

Old 11-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by YeahItFits
Nice J(azz) LOL
HAHA I see what you did there Thanks again for the light Juan! Didn't think it would be so noticeable without being lit because of my tint but surprise, surprise lol.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Burzpaw
Minor update!

a real plate adjuster, finally, haha.

boom!
Please describe how you did this? Kit? DIY?

I hate my front plate and this looks good.

Also, ive wrapped a couple things on my car. Like i told you i would. Crap is hard to do. I have major respect for you now. I dont think ill be able to pull off wrapping the spoiler. Its those edges man, hard as crap to get wrapped.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by FitMinister
Please describe how you did this? Kit? DIY?

I hate my front plate and this looks good.

Also, ive wrapped a couple things on my car. Like i told you i would. Crap is hard to do. I have major respect for you now. I dont think ill be able to pull off wrapping the spoiler. Its those edges man, hard as crap to get wrapped.

Haha, it's a Bell license plate adjuster/relocator. I was able to get it at autozone while it was still in stock but you can still get them online.
I was able to manipulate it to hook onto the lower grille instead of screwing it in or drilling holes to the bumper so win-win. In that pic I hooked it up upside-down so it attached to the license plate from the bottom and tilted it that way. Later on I switched it so it tilts the plate from the top. Now I don't have it anymore because the screws rusted up but it lasted for a long time. Less than $8 on Amazon.

And thanks! Spoiler wrap didn't look good in person compared to pics-- I was a noob back then and I had done the wrap in 2 parts, one for the top and one for the bottom lol.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Hood wrap looked good though...I love carbon fiber, but it is a nightmare to maintain, especially with that cali sun.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator
Sti lip holding up like a champ. Just a little addition to the car-- quick release fasteners because I got tired of ziptying it from the inside.

This is a shot that I can't stop looking at for some reason that I don't know-- gives me feels.

Attached Thumbnails Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.-16030596051_07b7d61147_b.jpg   Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.-16029968602_fa4f3064b8_b.jpg   Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.-15846796367_e42355fef4_b.jpg  
Old 12-15-2014, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
I keep going back and forth on that STI lip. Looks real good on your car. Install one on mine! Hehe.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Fast1one
I keep going back and forth on that STI lip. Looks real good on your car. Install one on mine! Hehe.
Thanks! I was the same for the longest time-- but at my ride height, I wouldn't choose any other lip. It's not half bad either.

It's pretty easy! Just have to make sure you get the flexible one-- I did my friend's lip too. Have to make sure you use nuts&bolts or rivets to keep it up. My friend's screws popped/ripped out after a couple days of driving. He's almost as low as me.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Fit has came along way. Looks amazing in the recent pics. My wife had the same color but with far less mods. Wouldn't ever let me lower it.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by TheFit
Fit has came along way. Looks amazing in the recent pics. My wife had the same color but with far less mods. Wouldn't ever let me lower it.
It definitely has, thanks! Yea, being this low is a pain at times, but looking at it makes things bearable haha.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:10 PM
Very nice !!

Old 12-26-2014, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by 9civichatch3
Very nice !!
Much thanks!

Old 12-27-2014, 08:30 AM
5 Year Member
Seriously, always looking clean! Soon.... SOON!

Quick Reply: Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.