2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Nice, looks awesome. Did you take the collars out in the front or did you just go down that 5mm you had left to go?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Piolk
Nice, looks awesome. Did you take the collars out in the front or did you just go down that 5mm you had left to go?
Thanks, I actually still have almost 10mm before maxing out on the collars-- I got Buddy Clubs latest c/o's with the shorter springs at the front(25mm shorter than the previous version) so I don't think I'll have to take off the collars. Most I'll do is just go 0mm because I don't want too much rake since the back are maxed.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator
Ordered some Clazzio's earlier today-- getting pumped!

Old 10-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator
Faced a mad speedbump a while ago, speedbump won

This is the second time it's happened(first time when I wasn't even lowered but thought I could get over a mountain on the road):
Heat shield got scraped and pulled up close to my exhaust pipe under the passengers seat so it rattles when the exhaust shakes. Had to pull it back farther so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Another thing-- had to ride up on 2 by 4's because my trusty pittsburgh jack(low profile) wont fit under the car anymore.. didn't know I was that low actually. I needa give that speedbump another shot one day; I'm sure I can get over it.. just need an angle enough to get a rear wheel on the bump too.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator
Quick pics of the Clazzios. OCD was kickin' in-- I wanted to even out the covers so bad but the front seat's design on the side of the bottom part wouldn't allow me(or I might just be inexperienced). Still nice fitment though! Overall lovin' the new look and feel. It kinda has a new car smell to it lol

Name:  IMAG2130_zps43e78dc7.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  70.5 KB

Name:  IMAG2131_zpsb6756787.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  IMAG2117_zps80177617.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  158.8 KB

Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator
Destroyed the hard rubber lip a while back, took it off and also went bra-less for a while too. I need a new grille! Sportin' the stock look now I guess haha.

Name:  IMG_1805_zps3654a14e.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  71.9 KB

Old 10-25-2013, 09:31 PM
U should get the oem bro. Looks good either way

Old 10-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by pig_pit
U should get the oem bro. Looks good either way
The oem sport one? Yea, that's the one I've got my eyes on I kind of want to paint the silver part of it some kind of glossy black-- kinda like the FA5/Si grille.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Yep I wanna do that too

Old 10-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator
Yep I wanna do that too
Yeee! And I'm kind of over the type-R emblems too
I was thinking about goin' to the junkyard to see if they possibly had a sport grille by any chance. We'll see;

Old 10-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Lol. Lmk if u find one

Old 10-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator
Lol. Lmk if u find one
For sure!

Old 11-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Hey man how's it going? I forgot to let you know how my Fit was after I got my coilovers on. So I have zero rubbing in the back and in the front I lightly rub the fender liner only on big dips or with 5 people in the car. With just me and another person it's fine . Although my car isn't low enough. It's all the way down and I only tuck a tiny bit of tire. Oh well its good enough for winter. In the spring I'll be taking collars out. BTW I think your 521's would look awesome if you painted them teal. If you don't want to permanently change the color you could use a base coat of plasti dip then just spray paint over that. In my build thread I have pics of my friends RSX with baby blue 521's if you want to check that out.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Hey man how's it going? I forgot to let you know how my Fit was after I got my coilovers on. So I have zero rubbing in the back and in the front I lightly rub the fender liner only on big dips or with 5 people in the car. With just me and another person it's fine . Although my car isn't low enough. It's all the way down and I only tuck a tiny bit of tire. Oh well its good enough for winter. In the spring I'll be taking collars out. BTW I think your 521's would look awesome if you painted them teal. If you don't want to permanently change the color you could use a base coat of plasti dip then just spray paint over that. In my build thread I have pics of my friends RSX with baby blue 521's if you want to check that out.
Hey bro! I saw your pics! Drop looks nice man. The rubbing issue sounds acceptable. I'm sure you can find a way for the ff2's to go lower-- I've seen them go much lower. I'm maxed out completely on mine with no perches in the back haha I don't rub at all except for my front tires being so close to the fenders at full lock going in and out of driveways.

And YEE! I'm still debating on what to do-- did your friend powdercoat those? They look cleean. I kind of want to just strip the black and rock the machined finish for a while. Probably try the plastidip route to experiment. I would go teal-ish, or white with the plastidip pearlizer.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zeebrah.
Happened to stop by a local hardware store and copped me some longer bolts to do a easy little change-up
Don't know if you can see in the pic but my license plate holder already had put a mark on the bumper.. I was hoping it would come off with a buff but it kinda looks like the paint is thin? Ehh.

It isn't much but I really like how it looks, haha.
That does look pretty good, I been looking to change my front license plate cover myself, but havent haven't found many options. I deffenetly dont want to drill anything. The stock one it came with is just way too bulky and takes away from the beautiful design of the front end of the ge8.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by xcosmox
That does look pretty good, I been looking to change my front license plate cover myself, but havent haven't found many options. I deffenetly dont want to drill anything. The stock one it came with is just way too bulky and takes away from the beautiful design of the front end of the ge8.
Yea-- the one you quoted is actually the stock plate holder, I have a different holder on that I kind of retrofitted to the lower grille, no drilling or anything. Much more minimal than what I did with the stock holder

Old 11-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Zeebrah.
Hey bro! I saw your pics! Drop looks nice man. The rubbing issue sounds acceptable. I'm sure you can find a way for the ff2's to go lower-- I've seen them go much lower. I'm maxed out completely on mine with no perches in the back haha I don't rub at all except for my front tires being so close to the fenders at full lock going in and out of driveways.

And YEE! I'm still debating on what to do-- did your friend powdercoat those? They look cleean. I kind of want to just strip the black and rock the machined finish for a while. Probably try the plastidip route to experiment. I would go teal-ish, or white with the plastidip pearlizer.
Thanks man. I'm hoping taking out the collars in the front will bring me to the height I want, but I do need to find someone slammed on FF2's to ask them how they went so low. But yeah there was an old thread of some user called Miike or something and he layed frame on FF2's. Maybe he will respond to a PM, we'll see.

But yeah so when my friend bought his 521's they were plasti-dipped black, but he thought that was just factory black. When he took the wheels off one day, he rubbed off a bit and saw baby blue poking through. He peeled it all of and discovered they were powdercoated blue! So he lucked out on some bomb wheels. I think the machined look would be cool but on a silver car it could be too much silver. I think teal would be the way to go. But anyways your Fit looks awesome just the way it sits

Old 11-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator
Thanks man. I'm hoping taking out the collars in the front will bring me to the height I want, but I do need to find someone slammed on FF2's to ask them how they went so low. But yeah there was an old thread of some user called Miike or something and he layed frame on FF2's. Maybe he will respond to a PM, we'll see.

But yeah so when my friend bought his 521's they were plasti-dipped black, but he thought that was just factory black. When he took the wheels off one day, he rubbed off a bit and saw baby blue poking through. He peeled it all of and discovered they were powdercoated blue! So he lucked out on some bomb wheels. I think the machined look would be cool but on a silver car it could be too much silver. I think teal would be the way to go. But anyways your Fit looks awesome just the way it sits
Fashoo. If anything, I'm sure running one collar (that the spring sits on) and possibly smaller springs would help you slam. I don't know if FF2's would have the same issue as the older Buddy Clubs but the bottom of the coilover would hit the axle when taking out collars from what I remember. Fortunately, mine were the newer version with smaller springs. But yea, nice! Can't wait to see pics on your thread for the progress-- I LOVE white

And dang! Really lucked out there! I wish I could say the same but I bought mine new haha. We'll see what's up because I'm not so sure I'd be able to find a rattlecan close enough to match my emblem overlays. But then again I'm planning on going back to the stock emblems in the near future so it might work out.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator
Been busy with school and midterms-- finally have time to breathe so I thought I'd update this thing haha. These are pics from the SoCal Fit meet from the other week. Photo cred to Waiz and Max Montague

Name:  IMG_4366_zps6adc7996.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  191.7 KB

Name:  1403359_10201804478767160_1629309448_o_zps3778cbb7.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  83.9 KB

Name:  861270_10201804623250772_185050385_o_zpsea133e62.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  91.0 KB

Name:  1172416_10201804493047517_1733195445_o_zps7546de66.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  82.4 KB

Old 11-21-2013, 01:58 AM
Administrator

I want to take a better look at your Clazzio's next meet!

Quick Reply: Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.