2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

V_Fit's SSM: "A Honda in Disguise"

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
See that's bringing an idea to life! Props dude

Old 09-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Not my style either but if it gets your dick wet I say go for it!!!!

Old 09-23-2011, 04:33 AM
5 Year Member
dont mind the bashing... it seems to be common on the forum. regardless, it's ur car, do what you want. cosmetics is all based on opinion, not one person is the same. thumbs up to u for dumping the money into ur fit though.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
everyone is going to have their opinion. you came onto a public forum and shared pictures, of course people are going to critique it. if you wanted somewhere that everyone will go "zomg ur car iz so co0l" then you should be on car domain. no one is flaming you, take everyone's opinion for what its worth and do what YOU want to do. if you're building a car just to get approved by everyone else then you're really doing it wrong.

my opinion; the car doesn't flow at all. yeah you have a j's racing wing and a mugen front lip, but to me none of it comes together properly and it just looks ricey to be honest. maybe after a drop and rims... but again, this is my opinion; don't take it so seriously. constructive criticism is good for everyone.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:35 AM
remember... we're looking at a USDM GE here. It's not like you can get matching J's aero kit on a whim to make the GT wing flow with the car. USDM only has USDM Mugen, an in house JDP add-on lip and garage door diy lip. So... there you go...

Props to you V_Fit for keeping your FIT yours

Old 09-26-2011, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
pretty unanimous, guess i'm gonna get it dropped.

coming soon.....

Old 09-26-2011, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member
I'd like to suggest looking at a set of Swift Mach Sport springs for your car... The aren't manufactured and sold as lowering springs but as performance springs a small amount of drop... They give a Fit a firm Eurocar type of ride and have a lot of other advantages that other springs severely lack, one being that they have generous linear travel, and will not trash your shocks like short travel progressive wound shocks do.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
coming soon? looks like you've already dropped it...

Old 09-26-2011, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
It's interesting to see the Mugen front lip without the rear. I like the front but hate the rear. I thought it would look weird by itself but it doesn't. I'm not into the transformer stuff but you have some nice parts for sure.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
i think he meant posting more pics of the dropped

Old 09-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
looks photoshopped

Old 09-26-2011, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I'd like to suggest looking at a set of Swift Mach Sport springs for your car... The aren't manufactured and sold as lowering springs but as performance springs a small amount of drop... They give a Fit a firm Eurocar type of ride and have a lot of other advantages that other springs severely lack, one being that they have generous linear travel, and will not trash your shocks like short travel progressive wound shocks do.
+1
Everyone has different tastes & priorities. Personally, I'd have lowered it first. If coil-overs are in your budget go for it otherwise, the Swift springs should work decently with your stock shocks.
In the end it's your car, do what makes you happy.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
i don't think we will ever get our fits to look as good as our mustangs old friend lol

but i like the fit! and iam so glad your on this forum with me, iam not sure many people here would know that you were one of the people that revolutionized the 99-04 mustang community. hopefully you will accomplish the same things here.

Last edited by Vash; 10-19-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
The way some people respond to the appearance of other peoples cars you'd think they were under the impression that they found that the owner of the car being flamed had taken a shit in someones mess kit... At times some of the post I see take me back to the 8th grade, Madras shirts,and Weejun loafers sans socks.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
everyone is going to have their opinion. you came onto a public forum and shared pictures, of course people are going to critique it. if you wanted somewhere that everyone will go "zomg ur car iz so co0l" then you should be on car domain. no one is flaming you, take everyone's opinion for what its worth and do what YOU want to do. if you're building a car just to get approved by everyone else then you're really doing it wrong.

my opinion; the car doesn't flow at all. yeah you have a j's racing wing and a mugen front lip, but to me none of it comes together properly and it just looks ricey to be honest. maybe after a drop and rims... but again, this is my opinion; don't take it so seriously. constructive criticism is good for everyone.
I was gonna type something, but this^ pretty much sums it up. You went for the flashy mods (giant wing, transformer badges, stickers, eyebrows, fart cannon muffler) before the any subtle mods (springs/shocks, wheels, etc).

If you take a step back for a moment...these mods (giant wing, transformer badges, stickers, eyebrows, fart cannon muffler) are the definition of rice. If you had some Altezza style tail lights the "rice transformation" would be complete.

Sometimes showing our car on a public forum gives us an idea of what other people are thinking (about our car) when we're driving around town. Having said all that, kudos for being different.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by fawbusha
Not my style at all but I'm a firm believer of doing whatever you want to your car.
x2!. hey op! its your fucking car, your fucking money, and if people on the interweb don't like it. tough. whats harder? to actually log on, click reply, and spend a few seconds typing your hate mail, or just STFU? i hate how people always jus say simple retarded ass shit like "needs a drop" or needs rim. well whoppy fucking do! you know what?! your right! it does need a drop, and rim, AND TURBO, AND K20! i'm just going to log online right now and buy some expensive shit, because i'm so fucking rich i'll just buy shit at the snap of a finger. SHIT TAKES TIME!!!! stop fucking stating the obvious. rims and drop maybe isn't at the top of someone's daily driven priority list! doesn't mean they can't get other goodie instead </rage.> lol

Old 10-22-2011, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EvoFit
x2!. hey op! its your fucking car, your fucking money, and if people on the interweb don't like it. tough. whats harder? to actually log on, click reply, and spend a few seconds typing your hate mail, or just STFU? i hate how people always jus say simple retarded ass shit like "needs a drop" or needs rim. well whoppy fucking do! you know what?! your right! it does need a drop, and rim, AND TURBO, AND K20! i'm just going to log online right now and buy some expensive shit, because i'm so fucking rich i'll just buy shit at the snap of a finger. SHIT TAKES TIME!!!! stop fucking stating the obvious. rims and drop maybe isn't at the top of someone's daily driven priority list! doesn't mean they can't get other goodie instead </rage.> lol
A couple things.

Please take a breath before you start typing, this post is painful to read.

Please consider that this is a public message board, in posting their car on a public message board the OP is asking for feedback, some will like it some won't.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
wow. so much drama in this thread. my original intent of posting a "thread dedicated to my fit" was to share my progress. seems like most ppl's tastes are 'drop and rims' - the "meat and potatoes" of a well balanced "Fit" mod. exterior mods are more the dessert. (so i treat myself with dessert first). which seems to put a few ppl in uproar. sooo with that being said. i know a lot of my mods don't suit a lot of tastes. there's a lot going on with my SSM, for some ppl its something they prob wouldn't try. for me, i think i like the idea of trying a lot of new and different, unconventional things. some work. some don't, but at least gimme some credit that i went out trying em. being one of the first to get a mugen front lip spoiler in Western Canada.. getting an authentic J's racing wing on a GE fit in north america? done in japan, so something rarely done on a FIT ANYWHERE in north america? (...eff that. you know i gotta do it!).

seems like everyones first mod is to drop and get rims. simple but i want it done right: ie: pricey coilovers vs cheap springs.. springs might be a right thing now, but how will the stock shocks fair 5, 10 years from now? esp. if my fit's the daily driver (racking 26k on it when it's 6 mos shy of it's 2nd b-day) commuting to-from work where speedbumps and unforgivingly steep/shallow driveways greet me when i tend to run late for work (but loove speeding to work!)

it's a "progress" thread. drop and rims are coming i assure you... so don't worry. i'll play around with a few more things try a few more things, take down a few things.. turn this car upside down and backflip for you. when it's all said and done *hopefully* it will meet some of your few strict standards of dos-don'ts of FIT mods. but of course, i can't make everyone happy..

thanks for dropping by.

Last edited by V_Fit; 10-23-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
Lowering springs + stock shocks will probably last about as long as coilovers.

Coilovers aren't intended for long daily driving periods.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by V_Fit
i can't make everyone happy.
i'm glad that you realize that and you're doing what you want to do. like i said, everyone has their opinions and i definitely have respect for you for doing your own thing.

Quick Reply: V_Fit's SSM: "A Honda in Disguise"