2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

CF rear diffuser...kinda!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm really liking it... you planning to do the spoiler? maybe a sport grille too?

Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Come on now, why would a name brand on plastic vent visors that serve the same function as ones without and sell for 3 times the price be in your opinion an investment ? A member from Taiwan that goes by Lek spoke of being in an accessory shop in his country that catered to the tuner crowd.. Noticing that the both the Mugen and the look alike visors that were being put out for display came in boxes that were shipped from China and were alike in every respect except one had a brand name and the others didn't, chose to get the cheaper ones... I have had the cheaper ones on my car for years, they work fine and the money I saved went toward other functional items that either improve the performance, comfort or handling of my car or was spent on cheap liquor and prostitutes.
Lek was from Thailand-not Taiwan (big dif) and i can gurantee that the quality between the real mugen and the fake one's are def diff but even if they were somewhat similiar, don't you think we should support the company that actually took the time and money to spend on RnD instead of supporting cheap counterfeits? (since that's what crippled our market and economy?)

On the real tho, real parts (esp. mugen's in this case) tend to last longer as when compared to imitations if that justifies any extra investment!

Originally Posted by Java^FiT
I was considering doing this myself, i actually already have the vinyl but im worried about the heat of the muffler making the vinyl bubble or peel off of the bumper, or worse burn.
+1 on that (learned the hard way already and the vinyl WILL burn!)

Originally Posted by ramjet
I wanna do the hood on mine. I have so many chips and dings from rocks, pebbles etc. It looks terrible. tried painting it but with no avail. Would wrapping it help in that dept.?
depending on how deep ure scrathes/chips are, they actually mite show thru the vinyl! honestly, you can get away with painting your own hood for like less than 40bux or even doing somthing custom for that matter!

Originally Posted by EvoFit
believe it or not authenticity matters to some people. Why pay 500 dollars for a stupid collecter's quarter where the only difference is it has a tiny "S" stamped on the bottom of it? some people get it, some don't. the world still turns.
+1 why go eneos or torco when I can just get supertec right? (walmart house brand oil)

or why'd you by a honda fit when you could've gotten a chevy aveo or hyunda/kia?

Originally Posted by Klasse Act
We're good EvoFit, no problem

Now, someone asked about doing their hood because of the stonechips, I say go for it, cheaper and easier than painting it but I'd guess my guy would charge about $225 because the center section of my hood was $75.00. I kinda wonder how it would look with my whole hood AND roof done
imho, wrapping the hood would be a little precocious since you can find real cf hoods for that price and having such a big piece in 3m vinyl mite be a lil tacky. Don't get me wrong, my frnd wrapped his entire ep3 in 3m dry carbon (was NOT cheap) and it was cool for lika minute, but he's regretting every second of his life now. Small pieces and/or the roof is one thing, but a whole hood is another story.

I mean, i'm not telling you not to do it, but there are def other alternatives too!

Just for ref, the shop that did my car charges only 80 for either gloss black/matte black roofs and 280 for 3M dry carbon (installed)

Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Thumbs up

I'll just be doing the roof, not the hood since I've got that section already done and its unique

Old 05-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Question

Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
I'm really liking it... you planning to do the spoiler? maybe a sport grille too?
The guy at Extreme made a great suggestion for doing the wing, just do the top section of it so the roof continues and leave it body color underneath, you know what I mean I'd like to get a Mugen grill, someday but at $380, I can't swing that....right now, so I'll piece it together over time but it will happen, gotta do the springs first though!

Last edited by Klasse Act; 05-13-2011 at 06:57 PM.