2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Vanct's GE8

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
Lol, now I have to know what squeet means? Thanks, I've tried to keep everything mostly functional. Form = Function
Lol, yur ride is "SWEET"... Keep up the good work!

Old 11-20-2011, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
What color temp are you using on your hid bulbs? Also, what did you/others use to bind the headlights back together? Finally, any advice you have for someone who is about to start such a project?
They are 6000K bulbs, they are mostly white with a hint of blue, but it could vary depending on the brand, I got Morimoto D2S 35w bulbs.

I didn't use anything extra to bind the headlights back together, just melted the glue back together and pressed really hard to get the clips to match back up again. If you want to be safe, use a clear silicone to go over it.

I wish I would have had time to make a DIY for this, but there are already a couple of threads on this site, print out the important pages:

To remove and open headlights: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-diy-repair-maintenance-sub-forum/41109-diy-headlight-painting.html

Installation tips: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/62401-diy-mini-d2s-projector-retrofit.html

Tips:
-Make sure you have the tools for the job. You need all the basic screwdrivers, pliers, a whole ratchet and wrench set if possible because you will be using all kinds of different millimeter heads and the extenders are a must IMO. Also something that can force apart the headlights will make it a LOT easier on your hands. If your work area might be dim, get an LED torch.

-It is not really necessary to remove front bumper to remove headlights. There are 4 very hard to reach bolts that are attached to the bottom front of the headlight that are accessible once you remove the grill. If you do take off the bumper, I recommend reattaching these 4 bolts (2 on each side) first before reattaching the bumper. (But also a good time to do this to protect your AC condenser https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...sh-grille.html)

-DO NOT overheat the headlights or use an already HOT oven rack. You will melt right through the plastic on the bottom (like I did). Either switch racks or let it cool. When I was opening and then reattaching the headlights, I had to put them in the oven twice each time because the glue would harden too quickly.

-Use J.B. Weld (from Home Depot), the 600 degree resistant type but not J.B. Kwik, to attach the shroud to the projector. If possible, let it dry overnight and do not let it drip into areas where you don't want it. It's pretty much permanent once solid.

-If you want to do halos, get LED halos and not CCFL. If you don't know about wiring, I think it is best to use quick splices to wire them into the parking lights, so they can be on by themselves.

-I got my retrofit from The Retrofit Source, they made the wiring easy as everything was labeled. Make sure it is all secure.

-Aim the headlights by adjusting the screw in the back. Imagine a passenger car in front of you at a stop light. You want the top of your low beams to be no higher than the top of the trunk, or else you will start blinding people. This may take a few drives and adjustments to hit the sweet spot.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask another question, good luck man!

Last edited by Vanct; 11-20-2011 at 04:11 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:25 AM
5 Year Member
For the oven part. I used a sheet of cardboard to put the headlight on. It didn't burn for me at 250 for 15 minutes.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member
^lol why didn't I think of that? Would have saved myself a lot of trouble.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member
^lol why didn't I think of that? Would have saved myself a lot of trouble.
Idk where I read it. I can't really think of much at all right now. My brain is dead/fried(literally) after messing with heat and pulling and screwing and BLAH. I need a reboot. But it did help a lot! I can't imagine going through all that trouble.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks man! I don't know where I would be w/o this forum. One last thing...what kind of bulbs are you using for your parking lights that match the hid's?

Old 11-21-2011, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Idk where I read it. I can't really think of much at all right now. My brain is dead/fried(literally) after messing with heat and pulling and screwing and BLAH. I need a reboot. But it did help a lot! I can't imagine going through all that trouble.
Yeah, that's how I felt after 2 full days of modding. Everything always takes longer than you expect lol. Can't wait to see your retrofit.

Originally Posted by concorde
dude, you shit's looking good. it now really stands out amongst the other imports you hung out with in the pics

and love the "you like this" sticker
Thanks man, they all had nice cars too, but I was nowhere near the level of most of the cars at Wekfest. I'm only a year into my build, though, I'll try to take it a bit further.

Originally Posted by lowkeymods
Thanks man! I don't know where I would be w/o this forum. One last thing...what kind of bulbs are you using for your parking lights that match the hid's?
It's a 194 bulb in cool white/6000K. I believe 168 may fit as well. Use this GE8 bulb guide: http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...RG-Results.htm

I got my LEDs at superbrightleds.com, no dead bulbs yet.

Last edited by Vanct; 11-21-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
It rained today so it was a good chance to try my new lens...

Going to look for a location for another shoot tonight.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:15 AM
Hi Vanct. I really admire your Fit. Your pretty low. I was wondering if you made any other suspension mods besides lowering springs? Like camber bolts, etc. On those wheels and tires do you have any rubbing or other issues? I want to go really low as well and get 17 inch wheels. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Kennyboy1984; 12-10-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks man, I appreciate it. My current setup doesn't rub or scrape unless I go over really bad dips at speed. I didn't need to add camber bolts but I'm cutting it pretty close in the front with the +45 offset. I'll probably have to add them next year if I change my wheels for more flushness .

While it would be cool to go lower, it's my daily driver and I drive 25 miles to work on some rough roads. There's one spot that has a protrusion of cement sticking out of the road about 2 inches that I drive over every day. Any lower and my Mugen spoiler would be gone .

Old 12-11-2011, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Merry Christmas, Ho Ho Honda!

Old 12-11-2011, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
Damn! Looking sick Vanct! Feel like the RSX needs a slight drop by I do like the sticker bombed mirror in there!

Old 12-11-2011, 01:16 AM
How do you like your new taillights? Waiting on mine to show up by monday

Old 12-11-2011, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Damn! Looking sick Vanct! Feel like the RSX needs a slight drop by I do like the sticker bombed mirror in there!
Thanks bro! That's his plan, he's saving up for a decent set of coilovers. RSXs looks so sexy slammed...

Originally Posted by Muster
How do you like your new taillights? Waiting on mine to show up by monday
Dude they are freaking amazing, the fitment and quality is top notch. Note: I didn't have to use the 2 extra black mounting rings in the ziplock bag because the reverse light from my DEPOs fit just fine. That may not be the case with the OEM tail lights, I think Bluebeard had to use them on that black set he got.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks bro! That's his plan, he's saving up for a decent set of coilovers. RSXs looks so sexy slammed...
AH same as me! lol But yeah. They look hella good slammed with a slight raked stance.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
Still look'n good "V". Superb photo's too!

Old 12-11-2011, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Merry Christmas, Ho Ho Honda!

Nice shots !!!! Feels great to have the projectors huh? Envious of the tails ! But good job

Old 12-11-2011, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Need more ass shots with the new tails !

Old 12-12-2011, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinnymac
Still look'n good "V". Superb photo's too!
Thanks again!

Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
Need more ass shots with the new tails !
Thanks, yeah I definitely need more shots of these in daylight, they really do make the rear of the car pop more now. Like my projectors, these tails make the car feel much higher class as well.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Nice fit. I needs a suspension mod

Quick Reply: Vanct's GE8