2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

L15a + HKS turbo kit sensation from Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:02 PM
killer ass ride man, wish i had money to mod mine.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by jani88
PERFECT!!! btw thats the only GE iv ever thought was tight
Thanks man!!

Old 06-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
Dang I thought it was a vinyl or something. That would be legit. And no I'm not running boost but I want to be. Just lacking on funds and time. Sick ride again man!
the vinyl is real, but the see through effect was edited... there is impossible to create a carbon hood with see through effect i think

Old 06-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Coppatop85
$30k on mods, or the car + mods?

Why not just buy a 45/50k sports car for that kind of money? Just curious. I absolutely love the car, but if I was going to put more than $3-5,000 worth of mods in a new car, I'd probably just get a different one.

That being said, that is the sexiest fit I have ever seen and I want to drive it. Good work

Also, still curious on what MPG you get with all that stuff
it's on the mods only.. the car itself cost about US$ 25,000 in Indonesia!! Quite expensive ,eh?? Indonesian car's price is so costly.. with 45/50 k , you only could buy an used civic type R..

Actually i'm quite regret it, since i wanted to buy a civic type R fd2r before, but i used the money to mods the fit..
But with this kinds of mods, i've tried it on a highway drag racing with RX8 and FD2r, and i can pass them at least about 1-2 car distance

for daily driving, i don't know about the MPG since we are using different measurement , so i would rather use KM/L ..it is about 8 KM/L, and if it is highway driving about 10KM/L.. but if it is for racing , about 4KM/L-5KM/L (it does suckss my pocket)

Old 06-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by 515
I think what he meant was 30k on the mods alone.

45/50k won't get a "new" sport car, the top model Honda civic will cost you around 47k brand new. even worse a new evo X cost 110k++
car freakin expensive here. unless u r buying used car which also don't come cheap. eg. used 2004 evo 8 is selling for almost 50k crazy expensive.
nah, same comments with me.. That's why indonesian use FIT for mods, if the car's price same with US, i'd get an evo for sure

Old 06-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
This is a killer car for sure, awesome work

Why spend that much money on this car, well, first because he wanted to and can! Second, with that power to weight ratio, the car must FLY!! I'd love to have something like that but I'd do mine w/o the graffics because I'd wanna sneak up people....and whoop their ass'!
hahahaha.. because i could not afford somethin more than this, actually ...

Yes, i think power to weight ratio is everything, you could race a 250 - 260 hp sedan car if you came up with a 230-240 hp FIT, since the difference in weight is quite significance...

Now the car is W/O graphic, and i use Noblesse PS sport front bumper... sleeper style

Old 06-05-2011, 12:22 AM
any information about putting K20A engine into GE8? i saw some people in thailand doing it, but i could not understand their language

Old 06-05-2011, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Bad ass car, thanks for sharing

FYI, 8 km/L = 18.69 mpg

-Lee

Old 06-05-2011, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Holy Sweet Mutha Jesus!! Absolutely awesome your highness....

I'd luv to see that car in person tho....it'zz amazing what these guys can add and delete from photoz with photo chop and some of the other programs that are out there..

Old 06-06-2011, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
That looks like a blast to drive!

Those dyno plots tell me you could make a ton more power with some easy VE mods too. Specifically the torque curve with High v. Low boost.

Intake manifold and a bigger turbine housing should pick up a good deal of power through the mid range and top end.

There is a huge restriction somewhere.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
That looks like a blast to drive!

Those dyno plots tell me you could make a ton more power with some easy VE mods too. Specifically the torque curve with High v. Low boost.

Intake manifold and a bigger turbine housing should pick up a good deal of power through the mid range and top end.

There is a huge restriction somewhere.
Hey Diamond, Is there ever a "fast enough " for you?

Old 06-06-2011, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Hey Diamond, Is there ever a "fast enough " for you?
I have an addiction

Better than crack I suppose

I only mentioned it because of his post about swapping to a K-series. I want more people to stick with the L-series so things get developed for it.

It would be a shame to just write off the fantastic little mill that comes with the car.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by rla217@
Bad ass car, thanks for sharing

FYI, 8 km/L = 18.69 mpg

-Lee
thank you for your information... so 18.7 mpg, is it normal for TC car??

Old 06-06-2011, 12:44 AM
@ diamond: so you think it is better to stick with the L engine rather than K?? i've saw some thai people doing great works out there with K series. That person is insane, he used all of japanese original JS racing part for his car, but i like it very much! (white GE8 with js racing bodykit)..

yeah, the only option to increase my power now is to get a bigger turbine, external wastegate, aluminum intake manifold.. but i'm afraid the engine won't hold that big power

Old 06-06-2011, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
That depends on your goals. How much power do you want to make?

The K motors are great and will make tons of power. But they are heavier, require a new transmission, custom half-shafts, etc. the works.

What I intend to do when I build a second L-series:

O-ring the head
Sleeve the block
Mahle pistons in 9.5:1 compression ratio, with at least a +3mm raised wrist pin and short skirts
K1 or Crower rods at least 3mm longer than stock (This is to improve our R/S ratio and rod angle for greater than stock cylinder pressure)
3/4 Grooved rod and main bearings
Tool steel rod, head and main bolts

This way I get to keep the balance and lightweight of the L15A and still pack a serious punch like a K-series. I want to make at minimum 300whp and the above parts will support more than that.

If you are planning on 500whp or more though, it may be worth while to jump straight to the K-series.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 06-06-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
That depends on your goals. How much power do you want to make?

The K motors are great and will make tons of power. But they are heavier, require a new transmission, custom half-shafts, etc. the works.

What I intend to do when I build a second L-series:

O-ring the head
Sleeve the block
Mahle pistons in 9.5:1 compression ratio, with at least a +3mm raised wrist pin and short skirts
K1 or Crower rods at least 3mm longer than stock
3/4 Grooved rod and main bearings
Tool steel rod, head and main bolts

This way I get to keep the balance and lightweight of the L15A and still pack a serious punch like a K-series. I want to make at minimum 300whp and the above parts will support more than that.

If you are planning on 500whp or more though, it may be worth while to jump straight to the K-series.
300 whp is ungodly in our car. How you think the front wheel drive would handle that?

Old 06-06-2011, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
Similar to the way my Laser (~2500lbs with the FWD bits in it) handles double that.

With some solid subframe bushings, sticky tires, a solid front roll mount, boost-by-gear, 2-step launch control and judicious use of the go-pedal I get most of that down to the road.

Driving like a moron I can light up the front tires at triple digit speeds...

Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
Similar to the way my Laser (~2500lbs with the FWD bits in it) handles double that.

With some solid subframe bushings, sticky tires, a solid front roll mount, boost-by-gear and judicious use of the go-pedal I get most of that down to the road.
Gah! I swear I'm coming to you when I start working on FI if I ever get around to it before I get rid of the fit.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
I would be happy to help

Old 06-13-2011, 02:06 AM
i've done some re tune on my car.. and we've got some increase in both HP and torque.. check it out guys

Updated Dynotest result- Max 252 hp with 310 Nm Torque with standart turbo kit actuator

By davinelika at 2011-06-12

By davinelika at 2011-06-12

Updated Dynotest result- Max 252 hp with 310 Nm Torque with standart turbo kit actuator

Quick Reply: L15a + HKS turbo kit sensation from Indonesia