2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

BlueBeard's '09 SSM Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:16 AM
love the set up man! funny thing, i have the exact same wheels,tire size, and swift springs as you. and my plan for the wheels was candy coating them lime green!!! i love colorful things :}

Old 04-22-2011, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
By the way... a couple days ago, I saw a DC4 integra pass by with blue wheels and blue mirror caps to match, and it reminded me of you... don't add the blue mirrors, it looks like crap hahah

Old 04-23-2011, 03:04 AM
I really like the idea of doing the blue banner.

Very nice setup!

Old 04-23-2011, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
Please dont do this. If any badges do the real jdm reds. Remember keep it clean. Oem emblems are chrome in us and red in japan. Blue, yellow, white, or any other color are knock offs. But its your car, just my opion

No worries...I won't be going w/ any blue badges mainly because I know the blue wouldn't match the rims and it would bug the crap out of me

If the badges were metal I would have probably had them powdercoat a set in the same candy blue just for the hell of it.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by krazEkid
love the set up man! funny thing, i have the exact same wheels,tire size, and swift springs as you. and my plan for the wheels was candy coating them lime green!!! i love colorful things :}

Nice...I like your taste! Candy green would look incredible on a TW Fit.

I actually thought about a bunch of different colors before deciding on the blue. Candy green, purple and orange were in the running at one point and I'm sure they would have all looked sweet but I went w/ my favorite color in the end.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:07 PM
nice wheel color, flows with the theme of the car. Like it very much, good job

Old 04-30-2011, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks...I'm hoping to drop off a few more parts at the powdercoaters this week to add some candy blue goodness under the hood as well

I also got a couple sets of washers from HOLY FIT (in blue of course) to add a little more color

Old 05-16-2011, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
another minor mod completed...

I made my own license plate brackets today in order to add a slight tilt to the front plate. It was pretty easy to do...picked up a couple L brackets from Lowes for $2, bent them by hand to the shape I needed, ground out the upper mounting holes a bit to accommodate the stock mounting hardware and reinstalled.

The only other thing I might do is add a dot of adhesive-backed foam to the back center of the plate assembly since it sits about a half inch from the bumper. It's pretty sturdy as is but that should stop it from moving at all at higher speeds.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
The refinished intake has been sitting in the garage for awhile as I was waiting to get her in for the LMS recall first. I got that done on Monday @ Gillman (with none of the issues others have been having) so I threw the K&N on today.

The install went ok w/ no problems at all. The fit and finish is great and the sound...perfect!! I drove around all day today with the windows down in 100 degree heat because I couldn't get enough of it

Holy Fit washers are going on next...I am just waiting for a second set.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Wtf...

I've removed countless wheels of all types over the years to either clean them or just swap 'em out and have used many different kinds of lug nuts, both oem and aftermarket. I can't recall ever running into this kind of problem before.

I've taken my RPF1's off twice over the past 5 months or so (by hand...no air wrenches), once to clean and more recently for brake work and I've amassed 4 stripped studs so far.

Needless to say...I've removed the Muteki Sr48 lugs and will just run w/ the ones that came w/ the rims for now.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueBeard
I've removed countless wheels of all types over the years to either clean them or just swap 'em out and have used many different kinds of lug nuts, both oem and aftermarket. I can't recall ever running into this kind of problem before.

I've taken my RPF1's off twice over the past 5 months or so (by hand...no air wrenches), once to clean and more recently for brake work and I've amassed 4 stripped studs so far.

Needless to say...I've removed the Muteki Sr48 lugs and will just run w/ the ones that came w/ the rims for now.

sketch... all from the same wheel bearing?

Old 08-10-2011, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member

It might seem really stupid to ask but are you sure that you got the correct thread pitch for your lugs?

Old 08-11-2011, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pandahh
sketch... all from the same wheel bearing?
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
It might seem really stupid to ask but are you sure that you got the correct thread pitch for your lugs?

Nope...this happened on three different wheels and yeah, the thread pitch was the first thing I doubled checked. Every single lug is stamped 12x1.5 although I have no way of measuring that myself.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Nope...this happened on three different wheels and yeah, the thread pitch was the first thing I doubled checked. Every single lug is stamped 12x1.5 although I have no way of measuring that myself.
very very weird...maybe you just got a defective batch of lugs. if you pick up a cheap tap and die set you can check the internal pitch, just make sure its a metric set.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
just adding a few new pics...

I washed the FIT today and then proceeded to have some fun playing around w/ bracketing and Photomatix and I thought these turned out pretty nice. It's crazy how messed up my garage floor looks after the image processing...

Old 08-25-2011, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Photo effects look cool
always loved the blue wheels haha
love the progress so far.
Now if only you lowered it more

Old 08-25-2011, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
whoaaa dope photos

Old 10-04-2011, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
New Tails...

Just updating the thread w/ a few pics of the new tails - Axis Styling LED's in Black. I'm thinking a JDP carbon diffuser might be in order now to finish off the rear...just waiting for that Xmas bonus to arrive

Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
the black tail looks really good with the darker shade of silver that is your car. I would have gotten black, but to me its just way too contrasty on my white GE.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
looks good. <3 ssm

Quick Reply: BlueBeard's '09 SSM Fit Sport