2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Java^FiT Photo/Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Can't wait to see the work.
Yes very busy, i just got a quote for my grille and sharkfin at 100 which i am more than willing to pay for a superb job done. Getting them painted saturday and will prob have them back at the end of the say or by monday. Im excited!

Old 05-21-2011, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Got the grill and fin painted today, the look awesome! Installed the grill, re-installed intake with new parts, re-modified heat shield, Lathed custom intake insert to avoid a CEL. Tomorrow I will be installing the Fin, and making an intake support bracket. Catch can is waiting for the front strut bar for install.

I've had second thoughts about the vinyl at the moment...not really sure if im going to use it for the roof or hood. It looks super clean now with the grill up front .... will post some pics tomorrow.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Alright everyone, here are the pics I promised:

How the day started Saturday, took off the grill and rad cover getting ready to remove the stock intake yet again and rebuild my version of the DIY

In the process of lathing my insert for the MAFS adapter tube

Inlet end with beveled velocity stack effect

Outlet end with "ease out"

Got the new grill on right before it started raining

Installed the shark fin antenna

Finalized the installation of my intake with a stabilization bracket, heat-shield silicone gasket, vacuum tube connection and incorporated hump coupler. Will be adding a catch can in the near future.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:32 PM
OMG I freaking love that intake

Old 05-22-2011, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tauwolf
OMG I freaking love that intake
Thank you! I love what its become since I first made it, and it sounds amazing with the A'PEXi Exhaust, I can't even imagine what itll be when i replace the b-pipe with what TEO is fabbing up with his shop

Old 05-22-2011, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Lookin good bud!

Old 05-22-2011, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Lookin good bud!
Thanks Jamy, what are you planning next?

Old 05-22-2011, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Thanks Jamy, what are you planning next?
Saving up on the bank account at the moment. Getting a Macbook pro and then starting to work on the car. HID projectors are going to be first, doing a shark fin antenna soon too. By that time the Dunlops will be dead probably and I'll be going to a new set of 16" rims that I picked out about a week ago and some more aggressive Potenza tires. Once I see how the rims look on the car I'll probably be doing springs but I'm gonna wait to get them till after I do the rims because I have an idea on how it should sit and I don't want it too high or too tall. Oh and an ETC and probably an intake and exhaust(stock is too quite for me). Soooo much I want to do just not enough moneys! lol.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Saving up on the bank account at the moment. Getting a Macbook pro and then starting to work on the car. HID projectors are going to be first, doing a shark fin antenna soon too. By that time the Dunlops will be dead probably and I'll be going to a new set of 16" rims that I picked out about a week ago and some more aggressive Potenza tires. Once I see how the rims look on the car I'll probably be doing springs but I'm gonna wait to get them till after I do the rims because I have an idea on how it should sit and I don't want it too high or too tall. Oh and an ETC and probably an intake and exhaust(stock is too quite for me). Soooo much I want to do just not enough moneys! lol.
That is quite a list and I totally get where you're coming from about the money haha...I have been saving up myself for all of my modifications but it is soo worth it in the end. The important thing is to save up and invest for whats really worth it, because along the way you end up saying eff that to the small dumb things lol.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
That is quite a list and I totally get where you're coming from about the money haha...I have been saving up myself for all of my modifications but it is soo worth it in the end. The important thing is to save up and invest for whats really worth it, because along the way you end up saying eff that to the small dumb things lol.
My three biggest things are the HID's, Rims, and Better tires. Everything else can come later. Now If I manage to get a decent amount of money I do want to get that Sprintex "suppa-sharja" (as my asian buddy says). I just don't have the money or the time between work and school. I'm gonna make a thread with progress for mine once I really start getting stuff done and making it look nice.

On side note, I'm gonna be doing a Super tone install on my Jeep sometime over the weekend. Gonna take some pictures of general wiring and try and get that DIY we were talkng about up. You mind sending me some of your pictures so I can include them in it. Get you some credit in there too.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
My three biggest things are the HID's, Rims, and Better tires. Everything else can come later. Now If I manage to get a decent amount of money I do want to get that Sprintex "suppa-sharja" (as my asian buddy says). I just don't have the money or the time between work and school. I'm gonna make a thread with progress for mine once I really start getting stuff done and making it look nice.

On side note, I'm gonna be doing a Super tone install on my Jeep sometime over the weekend. Gonna take some pictures of general wiring and try and get that DIY we were talkng about up. You mind sending me some of your pictures so I can include them in it. Get you some credit in there too.
Unfortunately i dont really have any in progress shots because it was late and dark in my garage at the time but you can use this final shot of the install if you'd like along with that wiring diagram i made

Old 05-24-2011, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Soooo, i have a roll of cf vinyl I don't know if I can or want to use but I could use the money if I sell it.

thoughts??

Old 06-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Car is sick Java. I'm wondering how much did it cost to paint the JDP grill? I'm thinking of getting one and making it TW. Thanks.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by adlai3
Car is sick Java. I'm wondering how much did it cost to paint the JDP grill? I'm thinking of getting one and making it TW. Thanks.
Thanks, I got the fiberglass grill painted with my shark fin at the same time and was charged 100 by a local body shop. It will probably differ slightly based on where you go and if they have a minimal charge or not.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks, I got the fiberglass grill painted with my shark fin at the same time and was charged 100 by a local body shop. It will probably differ slightly based on where you go and if they have a minimal charge or not.
Thanks for the info. Gotta ask local shops and hopefully they make it look as good as yours.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Today I changed my oil and put in almost 4qts of conventional 5W-20 and a new FRAM filter. Next oil change will be synthetic.

I also installed 2 of 5 of my TT KMR Chassis Bars - Lower Tie Brace and 4pt Sub Frame brace are now attached. I had to use a couple washers on the 4 pt brace to clear the stock cross brace that was attached a little further back.

Next weekend I believe I will be getting my APEX`i N1 Coilovers installed with my TT KMR Rear Sway and Strut Brace from a local shop. I decided I don't comfortably have the time, knowledge or assistance to do this myself so I will let the pro's do this one.

All thats left after that are my rear mud flaps and oil catch can. I am still deciding what I want to do with my CF vinyl...

Old 08-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the help on the HIDs earlier, thought I would check out your progress. Car looks great! Im interested in getting those Hella Supertones after I get a few other things taken care of.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member

Next weekend I believe I will be getting my APEX`i N1 Coilovers installed with my TT KMR Rear Sway and Strut Brace from a local shop. I decided I don't comfortably have the time, knowledge or assistance to do this myself so I will let the pro's do this one.

All thats left after that are my rear mud flaps and oil catch can. I am still deciding what I want to do with my CF vinyl...
Java, yur ryde is dope!

Smart move with the coilovers...do it right or don't do it at all!

CF vinyl? Do the lower rear bumper diffuser section of yur ryde..

Something like this maybe, if you have enuff material.
rearwrap-towdfbdesign018-1.jpg?t=1312336933

Old 08-02-2011, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BallerStatus
Thanks for the help on the HIDs earlier, thought I would check out your progress. Car looks great! Im interested in getting those Hella Supertones after I get a few other things taken care of.
Thanks for checking it out, I appreciate it! Lemme know if you have any questions if you do the horns. I made a schematic for it haha.

Originally Posted by vinnymac
Java, yur ryde is dope!

Smart move with the coilovers...do it right or don't do it at all!

CF vinyl? Do the lower rear bumper diffuser section of yur ryde..

Something like this maybe, if you have enuff material.
Hey thanks man, i was considering the diffuser but im worried about the heat of the muffler causing the stuff to bubble or peel off :/

As far as the coilovers i might actually not be doing it all all . I just put up a posting in the for sale section because I have some medical bills that need paying and can't afford to keep these...they are brand spanking new and not even installed ughhhh oh well, we will see. Maybe i can sell some other things instead...

Old 08-02-2011, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Oh! man, from good news to bad news.. I really wish you could find something else to sale! You gotta have something else jus' hangin' around in the garage

I do notice that your exhaust tip is a little shorter that mine but you could always lay your vinyl around that section of the tip, paint it black and you won't be able to tell the difference when finish'd since it will be actually around the tip and under the bumper/diffuser anyway.

Quick Reply: Java^FiT Photo/Progress Thread