2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Java^FiT Photo/Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
I have seen those, i love them!
I love the futuristic look to them. Maybe if I move to Britland I'll get one hahaha.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah you know its a shame Honda doesn't realize where theyre actual market is because I think if they released that new civic si with a hatch version, it would have sold sooooo fast and so many here in the states. People want the combination of speed and utility but still decent mileage, and that is why i think that new hyundai veloster is going to sell well, because the sport version is going to put out 200 something HP and there is suprisingly alot of rear cargo room, especially with the rear seats down.

Aside from a new civic si hatch they could release a fit coupe with a larger engine k24 anyone? and that would sell just as well.

I'll tell you exactly why i bought the fit, I liked the style, love hatches for their storage capacity and i thought it was amazing at handling. The power diddnt bother me much because its supposed to be economical but hell another 50 or 60 would have made me very very happy, and if not for that much hp at least get some more torque out of it, because that is really where the fun feeling comes from, that sucked to the seat im going fast human response!
Java, you're speaking my language. This is the best post I've seen on these forums in a long time, and pretty much perfectly sums up how I feel about my car. I love it, but I find myself wishing for just a liiiiittle bit more out of the engine.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tauwolf
Java, you're speaking my language. This is the best post I've seen on these forums in a long time, and pretty much perfectly sums up how I feel about my car. I love it, but I find myself wishing for just a liiiiittle bit more out of the engine.
haha exactly!

Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
So I am going to have a little fun surprise for all of you guys within the next week or so and I'm kind of excited.

On top of the surprise I bought speakers for my car yesterday and they come tomorrow, i am going to try installing these over the weekend. During this time i will be hardwiring my etc.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
So I am going to have a little fun surprise for all of you guys within the next week or so and I'm kind of excited.

On top of the surprise I bought speakers for my car yesterday and they come tomorrow, i am going to try installing these over the weekend. During this time i will be hardwiring my etc.

Damn it Java. You're such a tease...

Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Damn it Java. You're such a tease...
Hahaha sorry

I just hardwired my ETC unit last night rather than using an OBD splitter to hook up both the etc and my ug. So now the UG is the only thing hooked up to the OBD2 and the etc is cleanly hardwired to the +12V and Ground wires on my indash nav wire harness

OOoo and my speakers are already coming today! amazing UPS ground = 2day ship lol...I love it!

Old 04-29-2011, 10:37 AM
everytime I check... such a tease
you've been putting alot of work JF... I'm liking it!

Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
everytime I check... such a tease
you've been putting alot of work JF... I'm liking it!
Thanks man, over the next month I am going to be working on getting stuff installed almost nonstop in hopes of finishing most of it before I go down to the east coast honda meet.

What are you planning next for yours? I saw somewhere possibilities of you doing the sprintex sc soon??

Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 AM
^^ I figure you're on high gear with work for that meet as for the sprintex... I'm still @ 8k miles and counting but I'm already putting serious miles now as the Fit will be DD until the next snowfall... so yes, soon enough.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
^^ I figure you're on high gear with work for that meet as for the sprintex... I'm still @ 8k miles and counting but I'm already putting serious miles now as the Fit will be DD until the next snowfall... so yes, soon enough.
Nice! I was contemplating SC but for now i think i'm holding off, im trying to save up to move.

On a side note I just stopped by Home depot on my lunch break and picked up a 2x4' board of 1/2" mdf to make my speaker adapters tomorrow as well as some new jigsaw blades.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
So it took all weekend but I now have new speakers in the front and rear of my car. So far they sound pretty good, i will post a couple mid-install shots later.

Wiring madness...

Driver door with the 1/2" MDF adapter I made, each door got one.

Front Passenger door with component woofer installed.

These were the only shots i got during a break i took in the middle of wiring, i was too tired to take any other ones, and i was getting a little frustrated that it was taking so long, so i was just trying to finish quickly lol.

Last edited by Java^FiT; 05-01-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Updated Progress List

Old 05-02-2011, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Sooo, my surprise came in the mail today, it is supposed to rain all week however so I wont have a chance to install this until the weekend probably. But at least you know that it is something for the exterior!

Old 05-02-2011, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Alright everyone, here's a teaser shot of the surprise I had mentioned. Personally I love it, just hope it lasts awhile. It didn't start raining so I had to install it! Just need a nice car wash now! Lemme know what you think!

Old 05-02-2011, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Alright everyone, here's a teaser shot of the surprise I had mentioned. Personally I love it, just hope it lasts awhile. It didn't start raining so I had to install it! Just need a nice car wash now! Lemme know what you think!
:rofl: I was expecting the jdp grille but that's awesome!

Old 05-02-2011, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
:rofl: I was expecting the jdp grille but that's awesome!
haha thanks! im pretty excited about it. Dont worry Im not gonna tease when i do the vinyl on the roof, mirrors and grille

Old 05-07-2011, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
First Page Update with:

***New Pics from 5-7-2011***

REFLECTIONS! lol

New Tweeter <3 Blaupunkt

Old 05-07-2011, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Looks great Java! Love that tweeter placement. Blaupunkt makes some good stuff. All my bmw sound system was blaupunkt and it sounded great. Hopefully with the summer right around the corner I can start doing work on mine. Even though I'm seriously considering going to a mini cooper.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
Just a little update:

Rather than the vinyl on the jdp fiberglass grill I am getting a quote on saturday for it to be painted by a body shop, if its reasonable im going to have them spray my shark fin as well. I have decided to use the vinyl on my hood and mirror caps, and possible most of my interior as well(still to be determined) I might wrap the rear garnish as well. I have alot to do this weekend since its going to be nice:

Rad hose install
Reinstalling Intake and making new brackets
Installing catch can
Possibly painting battery Tie, rad supports and hella horn shrouds

Its alot of stuff and i dont know if ill finish in time but Im going to get as much done as possible before the meet in june.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Just a little update:

Rather than the vinyl on the jdp fiberglass grill I am getting a quote on saturday for it to be painted by a body shop, if its reasonable im going to have them spray my shark fin as well. I have decided to use the vinyl on my hood and mirror caps, and possible most of my interior as well(still to be determined) I might wrap the rear garnish as well. I have alot to do this weekend since its going to be nice:

Rad hose install
Reinstalling Intake and making new brackets
Installing catch can
Possibly painting battery Tie, rad supports and hella horn shrouds

Its alot of stuff and i dont know if ill finish in time but Im going to get as much done as possible before the meet in june.
Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Can't wait to see the work.

Quick Reply: Java^FiT Photo/Progress Thread