2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Java^FiT Photo/Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Scala
So you can change the Gauges, tells MPGs, what else this thing is awesome!
haha it is pretty awesome...heres the whole list:

Potential available gauges include:

% Engine Load
Engine Coolant Temperature (ºF)
Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1
Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1
Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2
Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 2
Fuel Pressure (PSI)
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure (PSI)
RPM
MPH
Timing Advance
Intake Air Temperature (ºF)
Mass Air Flow Sensor 1 (g/s)
Absolute Throttle Position 1 %
Bank 1 0xygen Sensor 1 Voltage
Bank 1 0xygen Sensor 2 Voltage
Bank 1 0xygen Sensor 3 Voltage
Bank 1 0xygen Sensor 4 Voltage
Bank 2 0xygen Sensor 1 Voltage
Bank 2 0xygen Sensor 2 Voltage
Bank 2 0xygen Sensor 3 Voltage
Bank 2 0xygen Sensor 4 Voltage
Run time since last Start (hours:mins)
Distance traveled with Check Engine Light On.
Fuel Pressure (Diesel)
Bank 1 Wide 0xygen Sensor 1 Lambda
Bank 1 Wide 0xygen Sensor 2 Lambda
Bank 1 Wide 0xygen Sensor 3 Lambda
Bank 1 Wide 0xygen Sensor 4 Lambda
Bank 2 Wide 0xygen Sensor 1 Lambda
Bank 2 Wide 0xygen Sensor 2 Lambda
Bank 2 Wide 0xygen Sensor 3 Lambda
Bank 2 Wide 0xygen Sensor 4 Lambda
EGR Flow %
EGR Flow % Error
Evaporative Purge %
Fuel Level % of full
Number of Warm-ups since Check Engine Light Cleared
Distance traveled since Check Engine Light Cleared
Evaporative System (PSI)
Barometric Pressure – Inches of Mercury (inHg)
Catalytic Converter Bank 1 Sensor 1 Temperature (ºF)
Catalytic Converter Bank 2 Sensor 1 Temperature (ºF)
Catalytic Converter Bank 1 Sensor 2 Temperature (ºF)
Catalytic Converter Bank 2 Sensor 2 Temperature (ºF)
Battery Voltage
Relative Throttle Position %
Outside Ambient Air Temperature (ºF)
Absolute Throttle Position 2 %
Accelerator Pedal Position 1 %
Accelerator Pedal Position 2 %
Command Throttle Position %
Engine Oil Temperature (ºF)
Mass Air Flow Sensor 2 – Calculated
Instantaneous MPG
Average MPG – General
Average MPH – General
Run Time – General
Distance – General (miles)
Fuel Used – General (Gallons)
Average Gallons/Hour - General
Fuel Level
Instantaneous Gallons/hour
Distance to Empty (miles)
Time to Empty
Volumetric Efficiency (MAP vehicles only)
Average MPH – Trip
Average MPG – Trip
Fuel Used – Trip (Gallons)
Gallons per Hour (GPH) – Trip (Gallons)
Run Time – Trip (Hours:Minutes)
Distance -Trip (miles)
Oil Change Distance (miles)
Service Distance (miles)
UltraGauge Internal Temperature (ºF)
*Actual available gauges is vehicle dependent.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, i read that on the website, so can you program what you want it to display or is it preset.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Scala
Wow, i read that on the website, so can you program what you want it to display or is it preset.
Yes you can set which gauges you want to display where, on all 3 pages so a total of 18 user set gauges displayed the way you want! and you can have them set to flip through at a user defined interval

Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
So i just ordered an OBD Y splitter cable as well as the TWP 16step race spec ETC!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Has anyone ever thought of using braided sleeving on their engine bay wires? I figure since I am already swapping hoses for blue ones, it might be kind of cool to wrap some wires in blue sleeving with black shrink wrap on the ends. The ones i definitely will wrap are all of the wires i used to connect my HELLA super tones, but ill probably do others as well.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
I got my ETC today with a OBD2 splitter cable, i plan to hook up both my etc and ug together. Should be awesome!

Old 04-18-2011, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
So i just found out that Silicone Hoses should NOT be used for anything fuel/oil related....if that is the case, what are people using for catch can lines etc.?? Thanks!

Old 04-24-2011, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Ok just and update for anyone following...

The weather is getting much nicer so it looks like I will be finishing up on some modifications that had to be put on hold.

Here is the list:

Painting:
In Blue Metal Cast Paint:
Calipers
Drums
Radiator Holds
Battery Tie
Hella SuperTone Metal Shields

Installing:
HEXIS CF Vinyl on:
Mirror Caps
JDP Fiberglass Grille
Roof

Custom Intake Redo with Vacuum Line fitting and support brace.
Oil Catch can
Heatshield with silicone edging
Replacing select hosing with blue silicone hoses(anything non oil or fuel related)

I will also possibly be hardwiring my throttle controller instead of using my OBDII Y splitter for my ultra gauge and etc

Lastly, if i get them in time, i will be install all 5 Tiger Tuning Bars and Braces i ordered before my venture down to the East Coast Honda Meet

Old 04-24-2011, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Ok just and update for anyone following...

The weather is getting much nicer so it looks like I will be finishing up on some modifications that had to be put on hold.

Here is the list:

Painting:
In Blue Metal Cast Paint:
Calipers
Drums
Radiator Holds
Battery Tie
Hella SuperTone Metal Shields

Installing:
HEXIS CF Vinyl on:
Mirror Caps
JDP Fiberglass Grille
Roof

Custom Intake Redo with Vacuum Line fitting and support brace.
Oil Catch can
Heatshield with silicone edging
Replacing select hosing with blue silicone hoses(anything non oil or fuel related)

I will also possibly be hardwiring my throttle controller instead of using my OBDII Y splitter for my ultra gauge and etc

Lastly, if i get them in time, i will be install all 5 Tiger Tuning Bars and Braces i ordered before my venture down to the East Coast Honda Meet
Can't wait to see it bud. Especially that JDP grille and the Roof.

BTW how you liking the throttle controller? I'm thinking about buying one because I hate how laggy the DBW feels. It's insane switching between my jeep and my fit. The jeep your floor it and the RPM's go through the roof in less than a second. Really wish I could get that in my fit.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Can't wait to see it bud. Especially that JDP grille and the Roof.

BTW how you liking the throttle controller? I'm thinking about buying one because I hate how laggy the DBW feels. It's insane switching between my jeep and my fit. The jeep your floor it and the RPM's go through the roof in less than a second. Really wish I could get that in my fit.
I am really liking the etc, i have actually been keeping it in eco 5 because im too heavy on the pedal and ts helped me get an extra 2 or 3 mpg's but in sport 7 mode its fun as hell lol, especially sport8 or 9, its fun to have people looking at you because you just spun tires in a fit hahaha.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
I am really liking the etc, i have actually been keeping it in eco 5 because im too heavy on the pedal and ts helped me get an extra 2 or 3 mpg's but in sport 7 mode its fun as hell lol, especially sport8 or 9, its fun to have people looking at you because you just spun tires in a fit hahaha.
Lol You must have an automatic. I was spinning the tires in mine from the get go. Gotta love a standard and shitty dunnies. But I'm guessing it improves the lag in the throttle response? I really want to go get a Unichip once i get my exhaust, intake and some other engine mods done. Hardest part is finding some one in the states that does it. Preferably in Louisiana.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
Lol You must have an automatic. I was spinning the tires in mine from the get go. Gotta love a standard and shitty dunnies. But I'm guessing it improves the lag in the throttle response? I really want to go get a Unichip once i get my exhaust, intake and some other engine mods done. Hardest part is finding some one in the states that does it. Preferably in Louisiana.
Yep auto here. There is basically zero lag with the etc in sport mode.
I am not familiar with the unichip.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Yep auto here. There is basically zero lag with the etc in sport mode.
I am not familiar with the unichip.
Sounds Exactly like what I want.
The Dastek Unichip is something I found through davinelika on his thread for his GE8. http://https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-fit-photos-videos-sub-forum/51630-fit-rs-jdm-style.html He's got some decent power coming from a NA L15 and the thing looks sick with all the custom work. Even though I'd have a hard time spending the 30k he did.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds Exactly like what I want.
The Dastek Unichip is something I found through davinelika on his thread for his GE8. http://https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-fit-photos-videos-sub-forum/51630-fit-rs-jdm-style.html He's got some decent power coming from a NA L15 and the thing looks sick with all the custom work. Even though I'd have a hard time spending the 30k he did.
Ah yeah, ive seen his fit before, its very nice, i especially like that front upper frame brace he had going on. Very nice indeed. I know there isnt much power to come from our little L15 so I dont plan on chipping it, the fun for me will come when I do a b-swap turbo awd conversion(MAYBEEE) classic mini cooper

Old 04-25-2011, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Ah yeah, ive seen his fit before, its very nice, i especially like that front upper frame brace he had going on. Very nice indeed. I know there isnt much power to come from our little L15 so I dont plan on chipping it, the fun for me will come when I do a b-swap turbo awd conversion(MAYBEEE) classic mini cooper
I don't know bud. He's got 160 hp I think with some tuning and performance modifications. The Fit doesn't really weigh enough to need anything over 240 which we can get to using FI. Anything over about 240 would just be over powered and uncontrollable, at least that's what I feel.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know bud. He's got 160 hp I think with some tuning and performance modifications. The Fit doesn't really weigh enough to need anything over 240 which we can get to using FI. Anything over about 240 would just be over powered and uncontrollable, at least that's what I feel.
Sorry I mis-spoke, what I meant to say was that it can be done but Id rather not do it because once you start getting that much power out of our engine you better fully build it or its not going to last that long and that is the main reason I bought the car in the first place, the longevity of the engine and everything else. Once you starting taking it apart and boring, and re sleeving it and so on, you compromise the original integrity of the engine to get that extra power, which is fun, but not something I need to worry about for a daily driver, hence the push for me to have a fun, fast project car. The only thing i might be willing to swing for is the Sprintex SC which adds about 40ish HP and is a direct bolt on-ish. But id honestly rather save the 3k for that and put it towards a nicer shell to get my project started.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry I mis-spoke, what I meant to say was that it can be done but Id rather not do it because once you start getting that much power out of our engine you better fully build it or its not going to last that long and that is the main reason I bought the car in the first place, the longevity of the engine and everything else. Once you starting taking it apart and boring, and re sleeving it and so on, you compromise the original integrity of the engine to get that extra power, which is fun, but not something I need to worry about for a daily driver, hence the push for me to have a fun, fast project car. The only thing i might be willing to swing for is the Sprintex SC which adds about 40ish HP and is a direct bolt on-ish. But id honestly rather save the 3k for that and put it towards a nicer shell to get my project started.
Hey Lyons already showed us a new L15 is less than 1k!

But yeah I understand. I don't want a whole lot more power. But just a bit more oomph when I hit the accelerator. Honda could have made this thing capable of keeping up with an SI by just giving us a sport version without all the programming trying to keep it economical, but of course we don't get that here in the states. I think right around 170-200 would be just perfect for me.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Lyons already showed us a new L15 is less than 1k!

But yeah I understand. I don't want a whole lot more power. But just a bit more oomph when I hit the accelerator. Honda could have made this thing capable of keeping up with an SI by just giving us a sport version without all the programming trying to keep it economical, but of course we don't get that here in the states. I think right around 170-200 would be just perfect for me.
Yeah you know its a shame Honda doesn't realize where theyre actual market is because I think if they released that new civic si with a hatch version, it would have sold sooooo fast and so many here in the states. People want the combination of speed and utility but still decent mileage, and that is why i think that new hyundai veloster is going to sell well, because the sport version is going to put out 200 something HP and there is suprisingly alot of rear cargo room, especially with the rear seats down.

Aside from a new civic si hatch they could release a fit coupe with a larger engine k24 anyone? and that would sell just as well.

I'll tell you exactly why i bought the fit, I liked the style, love hatches for their storage capacity and i thought it was amazing at handling. The power diddnt bother me much because its supposed to be economical but hell another 50 or 60 would have made me very very happy, and if not for that much hp at least get some more torque out of it, because that is really where the fun feeling comes from, that sucked to the seat im going fast human response!

Old 04-25-2011, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah you know its a shame Honda doesn't realize where theyre actual market is because I think if they released that new civic si with a hatch version, it would have sold sooooo fast and so many here in the states. People want the combination of speed and utility but still decent mileage, and that is why i think that new hyundai veloster is going to sell well, because the sport version is going to put out 200 something HP and there is suprisingly alot of rear cargo room, especially with the rear seats down.

Aside from a new civic si hatch they could release a fit coupe with a larger engine k24 anyone? and that would sell just as well.

I'll tell you exactly why i bought the fit, I liked the style, love hatches for their storage capacity and i thought it was amazing at handling. The power diddnt bother me much because its supposed to be economical but hell another 50 or 60 would have made me very very happy, and if not for that much hp at least get some more torque out of it, because that is really where the fun feeling comes from, that sucked to the seat im going fast human response!
Have you seen the Euro si's? They are hatchbacks. Look great and perform well. I'd love to have one. Even if its a RHD vehicle. Of course right now with the government pushing for more economy the car makers are doing everything they can to keep people happy and I guess honda just didn't see the Fit as a power house or really worth offering the option to beef it up. I think if they do the performance upping on the CRZ then they may do the same for the Fit. You can't have a hybrid that sportier than the fit. That's just insanity...

Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Have you seen the Euro si's? They are hatchbacks. Look great and perform well. I'd love to have one. Even if its a RHD vehicle. Of course right now with the government pushing for more economy the car makers are doing everything they can to keep people happy and I guess honda just didn't see the Fit as a power house or really worth offering the option to beef it up. I think if they do the performance upping on the CRZ then they may do the same for the Fit. You can't have a hybrid that sportier than the fit. That's just insanity...
I have seen those, i love them!

Quick Reply: Java^FiT Photo/Progress Thread