2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Java^FiT Photo/Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Sounds good, I'm sure its nice to ride in, hopefully much more than the Fit since I'm sure it cost quite a bit more.

I was looking you up mainly because I just got my tax return and was gonna make an offer on the wheels in your sig....saw that they sold I guess.

Where did you get them?
The ones in my sig are 949Racing 15x7 6UL's in matte black

I got them from 949racing.com

Old 02-09-2012, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Yeah...that's not really possible. A turbo is always "on" with a turbo engine. It's part of the engine and can't be "off."
Do a search on the audi 5000cs factory turbo button.
It's mentioned on the Audi boards too, it was allegedly the cause of unexpected rapid acceleration which Audi was later cleared of. The functions were also in the manual.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
Looked around & only saw about the rapid acceleration, didn't see about any button. Link me now,.I'm curious. Sorry for cluttering the thread.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

There's a few threads on Audiworld.com on the 5000/200 turbo button, I will find the best ones and link them. Also there's some youtube vids on the acceleration w/ turbo. It was a great feature which I miss, but the car was plagued with electrical gremlins and constant repairs. There's some links that come up with a google search but when you click the link they're outdated, altavista has more links, but the Audiworld ones are better, will link you later.

Java, those luxury features will spoil you for future cars that's one thing I really miss. Seat memory, sunroof, heated leather front seats, the trip computer had so many options, miles to go, total miles, turbo bar pressure, gallons used, gallons left, etc,etc, etc.... enjoy the VW, I gotta pass thru and see it one day.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:33 PM
I like threads like this. seeing the transformation...good job

Old 02-09-2012, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
The button was part of an electronic wastegate control system. Turbo "on" = proper wastegate actuation. Turbo "off" = pins the wastegate open.

You can technically do this on any turbo car with an solenoid wired to an EBC, with some effort. Usually requires an aftermarket wastegate though.

OP: Shame to see the Fit go, I liked that GE! Hows the Tiguan now that you've had some time in it...2.0TFSI?

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-09-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
There's a few threads on Audiworld.com on the 5000/200 turbo button, I will find the best ones and link them. Also there's some youtube vids on the acceleration w/ turbo. It was a great feature which I miss, but the car was plagued with electrical gremlins and constant repairs. There's some links that come up with a google search but when you click the link they're outdated, altavista has more links, but the Audiworld ones are better, will link you later.

Java, those luxury features will spoil you for future cars that's one thing I really miss. Seat memory, sunroof, heated leather front seats, the trip computer had so many options, miles to go, total miles, turbo bar pressure, gallons used, gallons left, etc,etc, etc.... enjoy the VW, I gotta pass thru and see it one day.
Absolutely man feel free I actually met up with some local vw guys last night and had a great time. As much as I told myself I wasnt going to do a lot of modification to this one, im laughing as im saying it lol

Originally Posted by FITmint
I like threads like this. seeing the transformation...good job
thanks a lot! It will be missed

Old 03-09-2012, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Hey guys, who wants to help me decide on wheels for my Tiguan??

These are the ones I'm looking at and I can get a pretty good deal and use the stock tires which is a nice money saver. they are 18x8 +35 let me know if they look good. THANKS!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
I vote for 13" Panasports...you might have to do a 5 lug to 4 lug conversion tho...

Old 03-09-2012, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
I vote for 13" Panasports...you might have to do a 5 lug to 4 lug conversion tho...
lmfao maybe if i had a miata hahaha i dont even thing my disc brakes would fit in those wheels haha

Old 03-09-2012, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
I vote for 6ULR lol

Old 03-09-2012, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
I like em but the curved spokes are a little strange

Old 03-09-2012, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
The button was part of an electronic wastegate control system. Turbo "on" = proper wastegate actuation. Turbo "off" = pins the wastegate open.

You can technically do this on any turbo car with an solenoid wired to an EBC, with some effort. Usually requires an aftermarket wastegate though.
Thanks for explaining it... it worked great on the car (automatic) provided you were going over ~45 mph. A great little feature, and one of the few which worked till the end of the car's life. Been missing that turbo feeling and if I ever turbo my GE8 (manual) would probably want to go with a Turbo "on" setup (I see that being more better for more torque from the low-mid rpm range).

Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Hey guys, who wants to help me decide on wheels for my Tiguan??

Looks like you got a good choice right there. Slight tint on the windows, and maybe some tail tint to finish the look. Looks good!!! How are the mods coming along?

Old 03-09-2012, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
I know you haven't said anything about it in a while but I have to throw in my .02.
I LOVED my Ninja 250. It was fun, flickable, easy and didn't cause me anxiety. I thought I was ready to step up when I got my SV 650s but it made me more nervous than anything. If I ever get another bike...250. That is, if I don't pick up a ruckus instead ;-)

Old 03-10-2012, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
I vote for 6ULR lol
haha i actually looked to see if the 17's would work but they dont have the matte black in my new bolt pattern and theres nothing i could do about it

Originally Posted by lowkeymods
I like em but the curved spokes are a little strange
thanks for the input, i think it is a subtle enough detail from a distance that it will look good.

Originally Posted by FitStir
Looks like you got a good choice right there. Slight tint on the windows, and maybe some tail tint to finish the look. Looks good!!! How are the mods coming along?
thanks!! yeah im planning some tints. im planning getting an ecu stage I flash done soon which is gonna get me 50hp and about 100tq

Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
I know you haven't said anything about it in a while but I have to throw in my .02.
I LOVED my Ninja 250. It was fun, flickable, easy and didn't cause me anxiety. I thought I was ready to step up when I got my SV 650s but it made me more nervous than anything. If I ever get another bike...250. That is, if I don't pick up a ruckus instead ;-)
yeah i think the 250 for me is definitely the way to go but i just dont know when its gonna happen now that i have the new car and also an apartment soon

Old 03-29-2012, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
so if anyone is interested, i got my new wheels on the Tiguan and ordered an intake today.

Heres a recent pic

Old 03-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
and also an ecu tune by APR that will give me something like 250HP and 294TQ
(Stock with 93 octane is 216HP and 227TQ)
Im going APR on my A4 The only thing that sucks is the closest place that can do the flash is 4 hours away... ugh

and the tiggy looks good man

Old 03-29-2012, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
Im going APR on my A4 The only thing that sucks is the closest place that can do the flash is 4 hours away... ugh

and the tiggy looks good man
wow 4 hours...why don't you just send it in instead if its not your daily?

and thank you!

Old 08-05-2012, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Well i thought it was about time for an update on here for my Tiguan

I have done a whole bunch of stuff to it...here's the list:

APR Stage 2 Tune
CF Vinyl on front and back VW emblems
Autometer Boost Gauge installed in steering column mounted pod
42DD 2.0L Boost Tap

on order - 3" Catless Downpipe for 4motion 2.0L TSI

Here are a couple updated pics of the ride hope you guys like it.

Boost Gauge:

Here's some of the emblems after i vinyl'd them. Not too bad for a first time i think:

And here's a toy i bought myself for my birthday

Old 08-05-2012, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Forgot to post some pics of my new intake too..

Quick Reply: Java^FiT Photo/Progress Thread