2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Official Java^FiT Picture Trail

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
haha, im totally not into doing this anymore. i think i might end up just wrapping hood and spoiler with cf vinyl but i dont know what brand.

I know there is 3m di-noc but there is also Hexis carbon which is supposed to be more for automotive/exterior but looks a little different.

Here is the Hexis stuff HEXIS CARBON

and here is the 3M di-noc

HELP ME DECIDE THANKS!

PS, look at the chart on that HEXIS page, if all that is true then i wanna go with hexis but im worried it wont look as realistic. :/ :/

Last edited by Java^FiT; 11-23-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
bump for help, thankS!

Old 11-24-2010, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Hmmmm. The stripes arent HORRIBLE

But im still thinking it's going to POP to much because of the color of your car. A dark grey would be sweet. Even a midnight blue would be nice. But white racing stripes that will stand out a LOT on a 115hp car is well... you know.

I like your car from what you've done. If you want the stripes go for it. If you don't like you only wasted 30 of vinyl and it can be removed.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the input, im basically between 2 brands for the carbon fiber vinyl...

Hexis Carbon or Metro M series CF Vinyl

Here is Hexis' Stuff

And here is Metro's

COPYRIGHT of METRORESTYLING

Let me know what you guys think.

Also the reason i am going with these two is that they are both fully reversible where as 3m's is not and they come wide enough that dont need to have a seam down the middle like decalfx's or rvinyl. plus its pretty cheap to get enough too do both my hood and spoiler, and kind of makes me wanna do the roof and hatch as well......

Old 11-26-2010, 02:17 PM
mmm tell me about your new blue emblem.. looks kinda weird... or is just me , OEM style ? share with us java ..

Old 11-26-2010, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MaxSoul
mmm tell me about your new blue emblem.. looks kinda weird... or is just me , OEM style ? share with us java ..
haha that was actually photoshopped, i wanted to see how my new ones from decal dude were going to look when i get them. sorry for the confusion.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
Bump For Thoughts on this?

Especially if anyone has tried to wrap a spoiler? how the heck would i do that, i just thought about it and i have no clue..... thanks guys

Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Thanks for the input, im basically between 2 brands for the carbon fiber vinyl...

Hexis Carbon or Metro M series CF Vinyl

Here is Hexis' Stuff

And here is Metro's

COPYRIGHT of METRORESTYLING

Let me know what you guys think.

Also the reason i am going with these two is that they are both fully reversible where as 3m's is not and they come wide enough that dont need to have a seam down the middle like decalfx's or rvinyl. plus its pretty cheap to get enough too do both my hood and spoiler, and kind of makes me wanna do the roof and hatch as well......

Old 12-06-2010, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
Wrapping the whole spoiler may be a difficult task. Especially with this carbon fiber wrap. It is a very thick vinyl and it will be hard to do corners. I was thinking of wrapping the one part of my J's racing wing. It would be easy because it's an easy area and not the whole spoiler. Give it a shot though. Worst case you loose 15$ and have to clean some glue off the spoiler.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Nice Fit Java! I kinda like the last set of stripes!
cold you take some more pics of the intake shield? i'm planning on doing one too next summer!

Old 12-07-2010, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cr4zy3lgato
cold you take some more pics of the intake shield? i'm planning on doing one too next summer!
Hey thanks man, yeah ill try to take a couple pictures this weekend.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:21 PM
I like the white rims, im still tryna decide what color i want on my bsp, please post pics if u do the CF spoiler. I wana see what that will look like! I wanted to do the hood and maybe the front bumper in the middle, not sure how that would look tho!

Old 12-20-2010, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
Hey man, i took some pics this weekend while i was under the hood changing my horn. I will post them up later tonight.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by R..F..G
I like the white rims, im still tryna decide what color i want on my bsp, please post pics if u do the CF spoiler. I wana see what that will look like! I wanted to do the hood and maybe the front bumper in the middle, not sure how that would look tho!
Ive seen a couple people on here with the front bumper blacked out look like the evo's have. I personally am not a fan for the fit only because the bumper is so forward on the us models. This may work better on a JDM front. As far as the CF stuff, im waiting on a sample from a couple different places. Once i have those i can decide which vinyl i want and then buy it from there. I will keep you posted.

White on blue FTW!!!

(side note: if i really like this vinyl im getting, i may try something crazy and try to wrap my rims temporarily, just for winter. i think it would look kind of cool.)

Old 12-20-2010, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Ive seen a couple people on here with the front bumper blacked out look like the evo's have. I personally am not a fan for the fit only because the bumper is so forward on the us models. This may work better on a JDM front.
lol do you have pics of that too? i was planning on repairing my bumper (there's a crack on the bottom) and covering it with black vinyl...

About the shield i'm really looking forward to see the pics, but i might end up doing something custom in CF

something like this:

Old 12-21-2010, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Alright folks here are some more pics of the intake heat shield i made in case you need some ideas...I used the black brackets from the stock box and made custom aluminum bushings to replace the rubber ones on the screws that secure the stock box. This made my heat shield not move around as much and not vibrate.:

Last edited by Java^FiT; 12-21-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
Nice job! thanks mang!!!
Is the bracket on the 6th pic custom made?
I assume the one on the first two is OEM right?
If i ever get around to doing one in CF i'll send you pics

+rep

Old 12-22-2010, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
Nice job! thanks mang!!!
Is the bracket on the 6th pic custom made?
I assume the one on the first two is OEM right?
If i ever get around to doing one in CF i'll send you pics

+rep
Yeah, i just bent a strip of aluminum(1/8" thick) until it supported the shield at the correct angle. i repurposed parts from the stock box when i could.

I wish i had a 07/08 model just for the sake of the intake because i could have done something way cooler with the extended space you have in front of the battery. if i had a volunteer near me i would totally mockup one for you guys! if only there was a way to make these more efficiently i would make a bunch and sell them, but its all hand done :/

Good luck with your plans!

Old 12-22-2010, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Ha ha, well my k&n intake is pretty fat, so there's not so much space, hopefully the top fuel one should leave me plenty of space!

Old 12-22-2010, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
So i was just looking at the 2011 list of accessories and aparently they made mud flaps for the sport models now...

i wonder if these will direct fit on 09/10...

Old 01-01-2011, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
New Spacers, stickers and more...(800px pics)

I finally had the chance to give my car a wash after all of the snow. After the wash i installed the wheel spacers i bought, i-vtec SOHC stickers and took some pics of the new blue "H" front and rear emblems and the DIY Front plate relocate mod.

Let me know what you guys think of the new mods and photos!

Here is a close up of the spacers behind the rim

Quick Reply: Official Java^FiT Picture Trail