2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

where to buy foglight overlays for 2009+ fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
where to buy foglight overlays for 2009+ fit?

does any1 know where to get yellow fog light overlays for the 2009+ fit sport? please help!

Old 08-25-2010, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
fog light overlays

Originally Posted by shad2fast4u
does any1 know where to get yellow fog light overlays for the 2009+ fit sport? please help!
I bought mine from azncarbos. PM him. He sells it in sheets. You will need to cut it to match your fogs.

Also, another member, koolkevin1107 sells it pre-cut. You can contact him also.

Just do a search, there's a "sticky" regarding yellow fog light vinyl film installation. Hope this helps.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
cant find koolkelvin1107 lol

Old 08-25-2010, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
azn carbos is the way to go. bought some from him last week and got them in like 2 days. havent installed it yet but it looks good.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:21 PM
anyone would like to post their honda fit with over lay film on there fog lamps?

Old 03-08-2011, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member
You get what you pay for

I'm not sure of the function and quality of the film the other members are talking about, but if you want function (protection, optical properties) and performance (colors for driving rather than looks) then you should look into Headlight Armor. Here's my take...

I've replaced cracked fog lights on 3 of our Honda's. NONE of them were sold with a lens replacement (the glass itself) since the lens is sealed to the metal housing. And you can't just buy the light assy for the Fit. They replacements are NOT cheap. For the Fit, around $130 each from Honda. Parts Geek has OEM replacements for about $85 each, which is what I bought.

Regarding the film, you WANT protection rather than savings $$$ if you are going to bother at all. Seriously, what good is a $5 piece of "window film" if a stone can crack your fog like it's not even covered? You need something DESIGNED as protection first. The Headlight Armor fog light covers are pre-cut and THICK - about .5mm, and cost around $18.

Last edited by Jim2bFit; 05-30-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Updated typo's and added pics
Old 03-08-2011, 08:55 AM
I went with Lamin-X. Its 17mil as opposed to Headlight Armor's 20mil. I just went with a brand I knew.

http://www.headlightarmor.com/09-10-...ction-kit.aspx

https://www.lamin-x.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1155

There are links to both. Just a little fun fact for you, Jim2bFit, .6mils would be ridiculously thin. The HU is 20mils (.020 of an inch) and the Lamin-X is 17mils (.017 of an inch)

Last edited by Cowboy_Fit; 03-08-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Link to both.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for proofreading...

Originally Posted by Cowboy_Fit
Just a little fun fact for you, Jim2bFit, .6mils would be ridiculously thin. The HU is 20mils (.020 of an inch) and the Lamin-X is 17mils (.017 of an inch)
I can do the math. I meant mm, and thought the Headlight Armor was .6mm when it's .5mm - simple typo . The point I'm making is this:

2009 Fit Sport Replacement Fog Light assy:
Honda - around $135 each
Parts Geek - around $85 each

Headlight Film:
Headlight Armor Fog Light protection kit (.5mm thick) - $18

I've had to replace fogs on 3 Honda's I've owned, and they're not cheap. Honda LOVES to use glass lenses, and it usually means a complete assy swap rather than a lens assy by itself. I guess if you like cruising junk yards you could name your price, but I don't have time for that and I like my stuff new. Luckily the Fit has the easiest install, most Honda's are a pain in the ass.

Anyway, the point is, if you've got fog lights without cracked lenses, and you want to cover them with a film for looks, best to purchase a product that goes a step further than just aesthetics and offers some real protection. Because replacing the fogs on ANY Honda ain't cheap. If you spend $5 for some window film (that's what a lot of guys do to save $$$), you might as well color the lens with a magic marker. The fogs on the Fit are very susceptible to debris, especially if you drive a lot of interstate miles like I do.

I'm not criticizing any brands, just painting a scenario I've been through a few times now.

Last edited by Jim2bFit; 03-08-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
I'm gonna give another +1 for Headlight Armor...great stuff and great company!

Old 03-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
I'm gonna give another +1 for Headlight Armor...great stuff and great company!
for me its -2 for headlight armor. cost me 24 bucks shipped for faint ass yellow overlays. my suggestion is PM azncarbos. Great seller, GREAT product, and his overlays are extremely yellow. I must note though that i'm form over function when it comes to my fog. i seriously can't see much better or farther with them so its just for show. Also If a rock is seriously going fast enough through my fogs while im doing 65, then its going through them regardless. never had that happen on any of my car though, so i'm not to worry about it

Last edited by EvoFit; 03-09-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Jim2bFit
I'm not sure of the function and quality of the film the other members are talking about, but if you want function (protection, optical properties) and performance (colors for driving rather than looks) then you should look into Headlight Armor. Here's my take...

I've replaced cracked fog lights on 3 of our Honda's. NONE of them were sold with a lens replacement (the glass itself) since the lens is sealed to the metal housing. And you can't just buy the light assy for the Fit. They replacements are NOT cheap. For the Fit, around $130 each from Honda. Parts Geek has OEM replacements for about $85 each, which is what I bought.

Regarding the film, you WANT protection rather than savings $$$ if you are going to bother at all. Seriously, what good is a $5 piece of "window film" if a stone can crack your fog like it's not even covered? You need something DESIGNED as protection first. The Headlight Armor fog light covers are pre-cut and THICK - about .5mm, and cost around $18.

Here are some of the pics from a DIY I was planning to post:

Hope that helps...

Headlight armor's film was thick-which is good. They did, however, do a horrible job cutting it out for the GE8 foglights.
The cutouts came out too short. The color performance isn't all that great either.
Azncarbos had it barely $8 shipped with awesome color, but thickness wasn't as good.

Last edited by EnticedByTiffany; 03-09-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:31 AM
5 Year Member
Depends on your needs

Originally Posted by EvoFit
Also If a rock is seriously going fast enough through my fogs while im doing 65, then its going through them regardless. never had that happen on any of my car though, so i'm not to worry about it
Not necessarily. A good example is the difference between dropping a coffee cup on a stone counter top vs. butcher block, or tile floor vs. Linoleum. The softer materials dissipate the impact, saving the cup. Will the cup break in both cases? Yes, but the losses will be greater on the hard surface. The Headlight Armor .5mm film is thick enough to help dissipate and deflect the energy of an impact before the FOD can crack the lens. I'll take my chances with the thicker product.

I've replaced fogs on a Honda Odyssey, Civic, and now my Fit. Honda uses glass for their fog light lenses. They aren't cheap to replace. 95% of my mileage is at 70+ on the interstate, 300+ miles per week. Odds are, if your commute sounds like mine, you will lose a Honda fog lens or two. I picked the thicker product as insurance since I've been through this a few times.

I'm trying to help the original poster with real-world, practical options. If you're going for looks, that's great. There are other reasons other than cost and looks to consider.

Last edited by Jim2bFit; 03-09-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
I never had a single issue with foglights one my accord. Drove it from 03 when I bought it new to 2010 when I got the fit. It was lowered 2 1/2 inches all around and had no protective film on them for the entire time. The roads aren't terrible around here but I personally have known more people who's foglights have broken from hitting a big pothole before they have due to debris from the road.

I guess it really boils down to what you are buying them for. If you want good yellow color at the cost of a thinner film buy from azn carbos, if you want protection from road debris go with either of the other two suggestions for a higher cost.

Long story short, I don't think you will be disappointed whichever way you choose to go. The install is super simple, improves the look of your car, and adds an ever so slight bit of protection.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
also, @jim2bfit - do you have that film on the headlights as well? I noticed a blue-ish tint in some of those pics. I dig it!

Old 03-09-2011, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
I have the HA HID Blue covers on both

Originally Posted by ATLfit10
also, @jim2bfit - do you have that film on the headlights as well? I noticed a blue-ish tint in some of those pics. I dig it!
Yes, I have the Headlight Armor HID Blue covers on both the headlights and fogs.

My original interest was for the fog light protection, and I was just going to buy the yellow covers for the fogs. But then I got to looking at the examples on the HA web site, and realized that the HID Blue headlight covers might look pretty cool on my BSP Fit. I didn't want the Blue/Yellow mismatch, so I went with the HID Blue for both. Well, the end result was awesome! The base hue of the HID Blue covers is in the same color range as the BSP color, only lighter. It blends perfectly! In different lighting situations and angles, they look lighter and darker, and really add a nice finishing touch to the front end of my car.

So, I suppose, in the end I went for looks! (but I had already answered my protection question, and cost isn't an issue for me).

Before covers...

After covers...

Old 03-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Jim2bFit
I'm trying to help the original poster with real-world, practical options. If you're going for looks, that's great. There are other reasons other than cost and looks to consider.
did i not say "I must note though that i'm form over function when it comes to my fogs?" i was just giving my personal opinon and experience when it comes to HEADLIGHT ARMOR overlay VS OTHERS. OP never stated he wanted specific overlays for the sole purpose of protection from rock chips, so he could also just be going for looks. i didn't mean to bash on you or headlight armor if thats what your concern is. i only mentioned the show quality side from headlight armor VS other, because i wish someone would of told me headlight armor's overlay wasn't exactly as yellow as pictured. again if thats what he was looking for, i'm just giving him a heads up.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:40 PM
E B
i bought the fog protection film from Headlight Armor, looks great, fits great, but they burned after a couple of months, and they were stock bulbs.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
I got the blue HID film from Headlight Armor for my fog lights & put it on yesterday-- The film is fairly thick so I think it will add some level of protection
If you you are lazy and go slow like me- there is no need to disassemble the fog light to install it.
Their instructions also recommend not getting the lamp wet

Last edited by sooznd; 03-21-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
best stuff I ever had was a super thick 3m product I used on my bug-eye WRX. I couldn't find it when I did my honda fogs so I used xpel. Decent, but had one of my accord fogs break even with the film

Old 10-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by E B
i bought the fog protection film from Headlight Armor, looks great, fits great, but they burned after a couple of months, and they were stock bulbs.

I know this post is from March...but I'm hoping you'll see my post. I wanted to know if you meant the film burned? I love the look of Jim2bFit's
headlights with the film, but I don't want to have something like that happening.

Quick Reply: where to buy foglight overlays for 2009+ fit?