2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

where to buy foglight overlays for 2009+ fit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blueeyed Banditti
I know this post is from March...but I'm hoping you'll see my post. I wanted to know if you meant the film burned? I love the look of Jim2bFit's
headlights with the film, but I don't want to have something like that happening.
I wonder what happened as well. I have had the blue film from
Headlight Armor on my Fit since March w/o any problems. I think the film they sent was the thick 3m kind.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I think theres a disclaimer on headlight armor's instructions to only use the fogs when your vehicle is being driven so that theres air movement to cool down the lights. If youve ever touched the fogs after theyve been on for a while you'd understand they get pretty darn hot. Having said that, i only use my fogs when it's raining or when well, theres fog. But i will say that having used them for a few years now, the film has developed a grime that regular car washes dont seem to take off and look a bit hazy.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
I know this post is from March...but I'm hoping you'll see my post. I wanted to know if you meant the film burned? I love the look of Jim2bFit's
headlights with the film, but I don't want to have something like that happening.
You're getting the Base Fit for your daughter right? The Base Fit's don't come with foglights, however it should be available as an extra $$$ option.

btw from the other thread.... you did a great job raising her, you both should be proud of each other.

I've read in other posts that some people's films have either discolored or burnt as well. I'm thinking it might be when having them on all the time instead of using them the way the manufacturer says.

And there's a DIY around here on how to use Lexan and sealant to replace the broken lense, much less expensive and might even last longer. It was a GD DIY, so it's been a problem for Fit's foglights since the 1st gen USDM.

found the DIY ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...placement.html

Old 11-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Post Headlight Armor Honda Fit Fog Light Protection Kits are an Option.

Originally Posted by sooznd
I got the blue HID film from Headlight Armor for my fog lights & put it on yesterday-- The film is fairly thick so I think it will add some level of protection
If you you are lazy and go slow like me- there is no need to disassemble the fog light to install it.
Their instructions also recommend not getting the lamp wet
The Fit Fog Light Protection kit is designed to be applied with the lights and the surrounds in place, do not bother removing them as it will make aligning the kit very hard.

Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
I'm gonna give another +1 for Headlight Armor...great stuff and great company!
Thanks! Lots of happy Fit customers over the years!

Originally Posted by Jim2bFit
I'm not sure of the function and quality of the film the other members are talking about, but if you want function (protection, optical properties) and performance (colors for driving rather than looks) then you should look into Headlight Armor. Here's my take...

I've replaced cracked fog lights on 3 of our Honda's. NONE of them were sold with a lens replacement (the glass itself) since the lens is sealed to the metal housing. And you can't just buy the light assy for the Fit. They replacements are NOT cheap. For the Fit, around $130 each from Honda. Parts Geek has OEM replacements for about $85 each, which is what I bought.

Regarding the film, you WANT protection rather than savings $$$ if you are going to bother at all. Seriously, what good is a $5 piece of "window film" if a stone can crack your fog like it's not even covered? You need something DESIGNED as protection first. The Headlight Armor fog light covers are pre-cut and THICK - about .5mm, and cost around $18.
Thanks Well put

Originally Posted by DizzleDj
anyone would like to post their honda fit with over lay film on there fog lamps?
Headlight Armor GT Yellow Fog Light Protection for the Honda Fit

It is possible to burn the adhesive we use, though it has been tested to 225F dry with minimal airflow. We do not recommend using 'brighter bulbs' in an effort to get more light. Higher wattage bulbs introduce a lot more additional heat, than additional light.

Originally Posted by sooznd
I wonder what happened as well. I have had the blue film from
Headlight Armor on my Fit since March w/o any problems. I think the film they sent was the thick 3m kind.
Great to hear!

Originally Posted by Dee K
I think theres a disclaimer on headlight armor's instructions to only use the fogs when your vehicle is being driven so that theres air movement to cool down the lights. If youve ever touched the fogs after theyve been on for a while you'd understand they get pretty darn hot. Having said that, i only use my fogs when it's raining or when well, theres fog. But i will say that having used them for a few years now, the film has developed a grime that regular car washes dont seem to take off and look a bit hazy.
A good idea to turn the fogs off when stationary for long periods or stuck plodding in stop and go traffic, not much point in them being on then anyway. As for cleaning, 303Protectant is a good cleaner and great at conditioning the material.

(Side note: Signed on last week as a merchant here, just awaiting a account status change)

Old 11-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Mine burnt within 6 months, with occasional use.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by SenBlue09
Mine burnt within 6 months, with occasional use.
Sorry to hear about that, you would be an outlier. I think you would be the third Fit out of the hundreds we have sent out over the years. The first being a guy who admitted to installing some Hella 85 watt bulbs in an effort to make all the light in front of his car YELLOW. If you can PM or contact us with your real name or order number I can see about getting a replacement sent out.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor
Sorry to hear about that, you would be an outlier. I think you would be the third Fit out of the hundreds we have sent out over the years. The first being a guy who admitted to installing some Hella 85 watt bulbs in an effort to make all the light in front of his car YELLOW. If you can PM or contact us with your real name or order number I can see about getting a replacement sent out.
After my rare and unfortunate experience with the burnt Headlight Armor film, they have redeemed themselves, and succeeded in making me a very happy customer. Even after YEARS of making my initial purchase, they have insisted on standing behind their product, and sending me a new pair of film, FREE of charge. This kind of great service is hard to come by nowadays, especially online, and i highly recommend them to anyone that is considering to make their Honda sexier by getting some fog light overlays.+1 rep

Last edited by SenBlue09; 11-13-2011 at 06:57 PM.