2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

misFIT.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by slp950
misFit, did you have to pull the front fenders at all or just roll? I have my eye on some 17x9s et35f et25r...

But so as not to kill the resale value of the car I don't want to pull the fenders.

BTW, for anyone curious, wheel width and offset from stock to his current setup difference:
6" et55 f&r
now 9.5 et 38 f
Inner Clearance 27mm LESS (the inside of the wheel to the strut housing)
Outer Position EXTEND an extra 61mm (position of the outside edge of the wheel)
10.5 et 25r
Outer Position EXTEND an extra 87mm (position of the outside edge of the wheel)

The outer edge of the back wheel is roughly 3.5" farther out than factory.
I see you got the math down buddy!

I rolled and pulled my front fenders but you might get away with not having to roll them. Now the rear is a different story, with 9" wheels and et25, you most likely will have to roll and pull. I actually rolled and went through 2 "pulling sessions" to get the rear tires to tuck.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
That's what I thought! Thanks for the info and while your setup is a bit out there for my taste I have mad respect for you and your fit! Props for doing something different

Old 01-25-2011, 11:59 AM
That's what I thought! Thanks for the info and while your setup is a bit out there for my taste I have mad respect for you and your fit! Props for doing something different
haha! thanks man, my next set of wheels will poke too but they wont be as extreme as these

Old 01-27-2011, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
misFit, did you have to pull the front fenders at all or just roll? I have my eye on some 17x9s et35f et25r...

But so as not to kill the resale value of the car I don't want to pull the fenders.

BTW, for anyone curious, wheel width and offset from stock to his current setup difference:
6" et55 f&r
now 9.5 et 38 f
Outer Position EXTEND an extra 61mm (position of the outside edge of the wheel)
10.5 et 25r
Outer Position EXTEND an extra 87mm (position of the outside edge of the wheel)

The outer edge of the back wheel is roughly 3.5" farther out than factory.
How did you come up with these numbers? I've done the math based on what specs we have available, and I just want to check the logic behind your numbers.

Sorry man, i just hate when people give out wrong information. Especially on wheel fitment...I'm usually the guy that has to clean up afterwards.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by danielg
How did you come up with these numbers? I've done the math based on what specs we have available, and I just want to check the logic behind your numbers.

Sorry man, i just hate when people give out wrong information. Especially on wheel fitment...I'm usually the guy that has to clean up afterwards.
Im just gonna jump in and assume it was from here

Wheel Offset Calculator

Just from the wording it seemed like the most obvious derivation of the numbers

Old 01-27-2011, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
thats why I think too, but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

When you modify RS (or similar) with different sized inner or outer hoops YOU CAN'T FOLLOW TRADITIONAL FORMS OF MATH USED FOR WHERE THE WHEEL SITS.

I cant stress that enough.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:49 PM
thats why I think too, but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

When you modify RS (or similar) with different sized inner or outer hoops YOU CAN'T FOLLOW TRADITIONAL FORMS OF MATH USED FOR WHERE THE WHEEL SITS.

I cant stress that enough.
The next time I take my wheels apart, Im really gonna have to take some measurements. Ive been hit with so many numbers lately that Im when people ask im just like "They fit" lol

You seem to be on point with your stuff though daniel, so I would most likely take your word for it

Old 01-31-2011, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I used the offset calculator listed above. I didn't know the BBS wheels ran different in their widths and offsets from standard type wheels measurements.

But what makes them different? As far as the math is concerned? I mean, yes you can change and modify the hoops/barrels/lips face placement but ultimately, backspace is still relative, total width is still relative, so with those two numbers you can determine offset right?

Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 AM
Where are those Pics of the Interior Dude? I am stoked to see them. I Be LURKN since I don't have a fit yet, But I am sure to get one by this summer, here in Minnesota, its not a good idea to buy one and mod it in this weather especially without a garage at hand to sit and work on it. HAHA. I really just love your FIT, in fact I am IN LOVE with it. I have numerous photos of your FIT and as I am getting a TW FIT, I will be wanting this kinda Steez on mine as well, not as aggressive but close enough. I love your ambition. Stick with it. I can't wait to see what you have in store next, keep up with the posting and when I do get my fit, I will be sure to post everything I do to it, including the day I buy it, haha.

Everything on your FIT is damn near perfect.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I used the offset calculator listed above. I didn't know the BBS wheels ran different in their widths and offsets from standard type wheels measurements.

But what makes them different? As far as the math is concerned? I mean, yes you can change and modify the hoops/barrels/lips face placement but ultimately, backspace is still relative, total width is still relative, so with those two numbers you can determine offset right?
Here's from page 8. Hopefully this helps. Again, I don't mean to be a dick or anything, it's just there's an art and a science to this kinda stuff.

You got the idea of offset down...

What you have to take into consideration is that if you just add lips, you're only adding to the outer rim half. If you add one inch of width to the outers, you're pushing the center in 25 mm. If you add an inch to the inners, you're pushing the center out by 25mm.

Assuming that the left side of this post is out, and right side is in. Let's use this example of a 0 offset with inners and outers matching in width.

Normal = 0 offset, 4 inch outer, 4 inch inner
I-I-I

1" Bigger Outers = -25 offset, 5 inch outer, 4 inch inner
I--I-I

1" Bigger Inners = +25 offset, 4 inch outer, 5 inch inner
I-I--I

Hopefully that help some of you out. Donations are welcomed

/end threadjack

MOAR PICS!

Old 02-11-2011, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
Yo misfit, on a side note, want to buy my air?

Old 05-18-2011, 08:57 PM
-________- damn.

I probably would have jumped on it too.
I already sold my fit though. Got a s2k now

Old 05-19-2011, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
got any pics of the s2k?