2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

JDP goodies installed and shift boot and knob

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:11 PM
JDP goodies installed and shift boot and knob

havent posted pics in awhile, havent really dont much to the car. sorry the car is filthy, its been raining here. here are some pics of the jdp grill, painted to match, painted the inner part gloss black though. installed the rear diffuser and also got a black leather shift boot with gray stitching to match the center armrest and a mugen shift knob. love the way the car looks with the grill, i also have the cf radiator plate but i forgot to take pics and im too lazy to go outside and take pics again lol. now for the rear diffuser, install was easy, it came with pre drilled holes, the piece itself is well made, but i do wish that its put on with other than double sided sticky tape, if i had to drill a couple holes into the bumper than use the sticky tape, i would. the last pics will show how it looks if your looking down at the diffuser and you can see the tape. other than that, JDP stuff FTW!

Name:  DSC_0302.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  92.8 KB
Name:  DSC_0303.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  97.6 KB
Name:  DSC_0304.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  90.9 KB
Name:  DSC_0308.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  120.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0311.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  60.4 KB
Name:  DSC_0315.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  117.1 KB
Name:  DSC_0320.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  23.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0306.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  67.7 KB
Name:  DSC_0307.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  59.6 KB
Name:  DSC_0305.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  68.2 KB

Old 03-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Your Fit looks happy (it's smiling).

Man I love those wheels!

Where did you get the leather boot? I was looking at getting one from Redline but I wasn't sure that the little ring at the top would be able to be fitted back into the aftermarket boot.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Looks really good.

For the tape, you could always get some 3M .5 or .7mm thick tape that still has very good holding power. This way the diffuser will actually look like it part of the body and not tacked on as much. Regardless as I said, it looks good.

About the grill, people say the USDM and JDM are not interchangeable, but I just don't see what is different between them as far as shape and size. The JDP grill is nice and how you had it painted makes it look even better.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by nothing
Your Fit looks happy (it's smiling).

Man I love those wheels!

Where did you get the leather boot? I was looking at getting one from Redline but I wasn't sure that the little ring at the top would be able to be fitted back into the aftermarket boot.
I got the boot from redline actually, i love it, great quality.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Can you take more pics of the boot? Like some various angles, etc. Did it come with a ring or did you have to reuse the stock ring? I'm asking because I really want a boot that will fit over the aftermarket knob adjustment nut. Thanks!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Looks really good.

For the tape, you could always get some 3M .5 or .7mm thick tape that still has very good holding power. This way the diffuser will actually look like it part of the body and not tacked on as much. Regardless as I said, it looks good.

About the grill, people say the USDM and JDM are not interchangeable, but I just don't see what is different between them as far as shape and size. The JDP grill is nice and how you had it painted makes it look even better.
hmmm, good idea on that tape. thanks for the compliment

Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Can you take more pics of the boot? Like some various angles, etc. Did it come with a ring or did you have to reuse the stock ring? I'm asking because I really want a boot that will fit over the aftermarket knob adjustment nut. Thanks!
i used the stock ring, ill take pics tomorrow

Old 03-08-2010, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
You're welcome. I'll always have a soft spot for silver Hondas. My first EF3 Si Civic was Satin Silver Metallic, my EG9 SiR Ferio was the same and my AP2 was Silverstone. I chose white for the Fit as I wanted a reminder somewhat of my DC5R and I just feel white is the proper color for a Honda. hahaha

Old 03-09-2010, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
wow the JDP parts look really good. I would like to add their diffuser and rear wing(painted white) to my car.

Nice work, now it just needs to be lower

Old 03-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
wow the JDP parts look really good. I would like to add their diffuser and rear wing(painted white) to my car.

Nice work, now it just needs to be lower
yes the parts really are top notch, i already am lowered with tanabe df210 springs but i am saving up for function form coilovers, if anyone knows any better coilovers for cheaper let me know!

Old 03-11-2010, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by strmslvrfit
yes the parts really are top notch, i already am lowered with tanabe df210 springs but i am saving up for function form coilovers, if anyone knows any better coilovers for cheaper let me know!
Personally, I think the drop on your ride looks good as it is... but to each his own!

Here are some pics from Honda Tuning Mag of a 2009 GE8 with 15" Gram Lights, Falken rubber and F&F coilovers, in case you're interested in the look:

F&F Type II Coilovers

Thought you and others might enjoy the pics!

Last edited by annunC8; 03-11-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by annunC8
Personally, I think the drop on your ride looks good as it is... but to each his own!

Here are some pics from Honda Tuning Mag of a 2009 GE8 with 15" Gram Lights, Falken rubber and F&F coilovers, in case you're interested in the look:

F&F Type II Coilovers

Thought you and others might enjoy the pics!
thanks for the pics, i like how the F&F look and like the idea i can adjust it to my preferences, i dont wanna slam my car though like the D2 coils do, just a lil bit lower specially at the front

Old 03-12-2010, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by strmslvrfit
thanks for the pics, i like how the F&F look and like the idea i can adjust it to my preferences, i dont wanna slam my car though like the D2 coils do, just a lil bit lower specially at the front
Yeah, I hear you! I like the completely slammed look with larger than 16" wheels, and then only if everything else is in place. Completely slammed with stock size or smaller sometimes looks really strange. The shape, arch and curvature of the wheel-well looks out of proportion to that of the actual wheel/tire. I've actually seen some Fits completely slammed, with only 15" wheels, and somehow they manage to bypass the above scenario... it looks good. For my eyes, that's rare.

Again, to each his/her own... I have no problems with totally slammed. It looks great when done properly. It's just that it can look a little strange to me.

Also, I don't need to be rubbing in ANY situation... let alone every time I go over a hump more than 1-1/2 inches high!

I do like the car lowered more than stock. Even so, getting the front a little lower than the rear is more important to me. I've noticed some springs and even rides with coilovers sometime appear to be lower in the rear than they are in the front. I don't know why, but it definitely appears that way to me. I don't care for the lower rear, higher front look.

Then again, I'm fairly picky... I tend to notice things I perceive as being "off" even 1/4 inch or less. Once I notice, or at least perceive it that way, it makes me crazy until it's right in my eyes.

Anyway, nice ride. Do what makes you happy, and what feels/performs best for you.

Thanks for the pics! More, more, more!

Old 04-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Your Fit is the $hit. Looking good man...especially the grill. Painted carbon fiber FTW!!!

It might also look good if you color matched the outer rim of the rear diffuser (where it overlaps the rear bumper).