2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

FIT RS JDM Style!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
That's cool, Kakimoto is well-regarded here and with it being stainless, you don't have to worry as much about its life expectancy. I know going with Ti is a decision that will eventually yield a cracked exhaust when used for everyday use. I experienced it 3 times with my Amuse on the 5R Teggy, of course 2 times was because I didn't know the stock front engine mount was broken and the 3rd time was when playing with a 34GT-R one night all of a sudden I saw the sun in my rearview. The internals on the canister lit on fire...maybe was running too lean from 8400~8750rpms and the exhaust temps spiked or something. It was cool though, because later I just ripped the whole canister off and had a straight exhaust and it was disgusting good sounding, but very obnoxious without doubt.

Still looking good.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
good numbers for normal aspiration. wish there were more fit performance tuners down here.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Excellent sir. Awesome!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
That's cool, Kakimoto is well-regarded here and with it being stainless, you don't have to worry as much about its life expectancy. I know going with Ti is a decision that will eventually yield a cracked exhaust when used for everyday use. I experienced it 3 times with my Amuse on the 5R Teggy, of course 2 times was because I didn't know the stock front engine mount was broken and the 3rd time was when playing with a 34GT-R one night all of a sudden I saw the sun in my rearview. The internals on the canister lit on fire...maybe was running too lean from 8400~8750rpms and the exhaust temps spiked or something. It was cool though, because later I just ripped the whole canister off and had a straight exhaust and it was disgusting good sounding, but very obnoxious without doubt.

Still looking good.
are you a japanese, 555? yes! it's true about titanium being not so strong!! let me show you the victim of J's Racing titanium.. my friend which is the fans of J's Racing. Well , just like the J's Racing slogan THE EXTREME HONDA RIDE, he himself is the EXTREME HONDA "RIDER" ..

Too bad to be true.. Luckily i already sold mine. ..

i couldn't agree more with you about stainless durability

Old 03-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by beangrower
good numbers for normal aspiration. wish there were more fit performance tuners down here.
thanks!! in indonesia , there is lots of fit (we call it honda jazz here).. because in indonesia, we couldn't afford to buy sports car like GTR,EVO,Type R, due to EXTREME TAX

Old 03-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by HotIron
Excellent sir. Awesome!
thanks sir!!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
i just replaced my dastek unichip with HKS FCON is unit.. and i'm planning to replace the pulley with UNORTHODOX racing one... is there any disadvantages using lightweight pulley??

Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Not Japanese, just living and working here.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Lots of rumors with the crank pulley messing engines up but I don't believe it. U can get good response from the crank pulley though

Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 AM
update,

By davinelika at 2010-03-04

Old 03-04-2010, 09:59 AM
i just installed UNORTHODOX racing pulley! it really helps my low RPM torque!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Love this setup. What is the spring rates on your Tein Super-Compacts?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by backwoods
Love this setup. What is the spring rates on your Tein Super-Compacts?
hm... i forget the spring rates in my tein super compact.. maybe you can check it on tein website? but the hardest damper setting is still not stiff enough compared to buddyclub coilover

Old 03-05-2010, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
So you or your tuner created your own harness for the FCon, that's nice. Looking at HKS' site and they don't list any Honda for the unit you are using.

I'm probably going to have my ECU flashed by J's in 3 weeks time as they are having a day at one of the Super Autobacs about an hour away from me. The day before the I Heart Honda day they spent a constant 2 hours running on Suzuka verifying the tune checking for any hiccups and had none. Supposedly gains are in the neighborhood of 15ps, but not sure if that is with accompanying J's pieces like the exhaust and to be released shortly their intake or where exactly in the powerband that is at. It's not what I really want as I want something I can tinker and tune with, but Hondata has no plans for a FlashPro device in the near future. Which is quite a shame because I have a feeling the little L15 has a good amount of hidden power lying within its aluminum.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
So you or your tuner created your own harness for the FCon, that's nice. Looking at HKS' site and they don't list any Honda for the unit you are using.

I'm probably going to have my ECU flashed by J's in 3 weeks time as they are having a day at one of the Super Autobacs about an hour away from me. The day before the I Heart Honda day they spent a constant 2 hours running on Suzuka verifying the tune checking for any hiccups and had none. Supposedly gains are in the neighborhood of 15ps, but not sure if that is with accompanying J's pieces like the exhaust and to be released shortly their intake or where exactly in the powerband that is at. It's not what I really want as I want something I can tinker and tune with, but Hondata has no plans for a FlashPro device in the near future. Which is quite a shame because I have a feeling the little L15 has a good amount of hidden power lying within its aluminum.
i think they use the L154 FIT GD one... don't know how they install it, because i left my car in their workshop.. yes, i notice that JS released their ECU.. but it is applicable for M/T car only.. and if we do modification such as mine, will it be able to re calculate best settings?? because if i am not mistaken, GE ECU already has the ability to self learning..

anyway, i'm waiting for your review about the J'S ECU

Old 05-01-2010, 02:04 PM
d o up update more on your ride kawan !

is there a ws u go to in jakarta ? or do u have 1 there? as i'll be visiting there soon.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Thumbs up

First off, great dyno numbers for sure, I need to check into the Uni-Chip now that I've got the Magnaflow muffler and K&N typhoon intake is going in early next week. I wouldn't mind a little extra and this car putting down 150 whp is impressive IMO

BTW, Asian woman are so sultry!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Klasse Act

BTW, Asian woman are so sultry!
hm mm...

are they.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:11 PM
wow, this makes me want to keep mine!

Old 06-09-2010, 04:39 AM
waiting for more update on your ride davin,

also watching over at modifikasi

Quick Reply: FIT RS JDM Style!!