2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Danielg @ Memoryfab, New Fit GE8 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410
This sounds like a horrible idea to me. I dont know why you would want a subwoofer outside of your car . If I am missing something please explain it to me.
First off I wouldnt drive the car like that daily, plus my hood is to bad to leave anything outside the car so its would be for kicks mostly but here are a few reasons

1.Cause I want one of those racks and baskets, but dont really have anything to put in it usefull.

2. Cause it would be something nobody else would have and it would be different.

3.The bass would sound better not rattling the hatch when parked, it would make a nice LiL entertainment center when adding a lil DvD player and moniter to keep me busy at shows

4. And it would make a nice stealty thing that would go unnoticed until it was open?

5. Plus who else would do that???????

Old 07-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Banned
it'd be cool on a show car IMO

Old 07-22-2009, 12:53 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
^Yeah I thought so too. Sometimes you got to think inside the box LoL no foreal dough.

So you decided to stick with the coils and sell the bags, Dang I was looking forward to seeing you doing that but it does look great the way it is.

How much does the mugen kit retail at the dealer? If you dont mind?

Old 07-22-2009, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HONDAJUNKIE
^Yeah I thought so too. Sometimes you got to think inside the box LoL no foreal dough.

So you decided to stick with the coils and sell the bags, Dang I was looking forward to seeing you doing that but it does look great the way it is.

How much does the mugen kit retail at the dealer? If you dont mind?
you can get it for a little over two grand at collegehillshonda.com including shipping

Old 07-22-2009, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HONDAJUNKIE
First off I wouldnt drive the car like that daily, plus my hood is to bad to leave anything outside the car so its would be for kicks mostly but here are a few reasons

1.Cause I want one of those racks and baskets, but dont really have anything to put in it usefull.

2. Cause it would be something nobody else would have and it would be different.

3.The bass would sound better not rattling the hatch when parked, it would make a nice LiL entertainment center when adding a lil DvD player and moniter to keep me busy at shows

4. And it would make a nice stealty thing that would go unnoticed until it was open?

5. Plus who else would do that???????
Not to be negative or anything, im just going to point out problems I see:

1. You have to run speaker wire somehow to the outside of the car and keep water from getting in.

2. You have to make sure that wire outside the car does not get exposed to water/the elements.

3. You would have to make an enclosure that fits on the rack. It also has to be waterproof, yet sturdy.

4. The enclosure would need a removeable top or it would have to be of a bandpass design so that the speaker isnt exposed to the outside.

5. It most likely would not sound good inside or outside of your car.

Anyone can feel free to make one and prove me wrong. Untill then Id say to keep the subwoofer(s) in your car.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:12 AM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
I do realize the few things you pointed out which is originally what I said about it WOULD NOT BE FOR DAILY driving and My first post about having the wire exposed was my original concern, if you actually read what I typed the first time. And I think I said it would be just for fun when sitting at a show, BBQ, tail gate party, ect....ect.... so I will say AGAIN it would not be for every day use but really more for something to give me something to do on boring days. As far as sound quality I dont see any reason why it wouldnt sound good I wouldnt use the basket as a speaker box itself but just as a way to hide the crap I put in it. Plus if I was goint to do it I would power it off its own battery so I can take it where ever im chillin up at having a good time. Not trying to be smart But I think your trying to hard to find a reason why it wouldnt be a good idea. Instead of listening to why it would be ok the very few times it is used.

But anyways................. does the mugen kit come painted at that price I kinda forgot to ask the first time?

Sorry to thread jack with my wild ideas

Old 07-24-2009, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
mugen kit does come color matched from the factory

Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Long time no update

Old 09-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Banned
any progress?

Old 09-19-2009, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Some teasers and GE wheel fitment I promised.

The tires are pretty big. I got em like that. I think I'm going to run 215/35s - Possibly some 205s but I have order them from Japan. To be honest, I think I can get the 225/40s to work, but I'm being lazy.There's maybe 4-5 MM between the fender as it sits now (already rolled, very very slight pull). If I give it some more pull, and get rid of the tab holding the fender to the bumper, should be fairly easy...or If I get some camber bolts and add a couple degrees should be fine.

Here's to the people who say 225 are too big.

Personally, I don't like big tires. But hopefully the pictures below will help some of you out.

These are 18x7.5 +40mm 225/40/18. They are several MM away from being flush. What's awesome is that based of this fitment, my initial measurements for BAD ASS fitment were correct....

...so to anyone who's going air and/or wants specs for custom orders....

For perfect specs (**My opinion**), the below fitment will sit just a bit outside the fender. Personally I dont like flush, I like just a bit of poke. Don't expect a "walk in the park fitment" with these numbers, but if you want it how I like it then here you go.

__ X 8 +30 standard disk
__ x 9 +30 low disk

**For the rear wheels, if you're going to go outside of those specs, you'll have to be careful with the offset and allignment specs you choose. There's not a lot of inner clearance, and you'll hit the strut before you know it...if that happens, you'll try a spacer, but that will only have you hit the quarter panels, then you'll try to camber with a shim or something, then end up hitting the strut again.. It's pretty tricky in the back. HTH***

So there's to all you @$$holes that dont give out your specs because its a "secret offset". bullshit. ANYONE can figure out offsets. I F*&%ing HATE people that say offsets are private and all that non sense. I hope those specific people from other forums read this. If you're one of them, jump off a bridge and die. People like me, who are here to actually help people, clean up your rambling all the time.

Anyways on to the pics. Sorry for the negativity. With that being said, if you need help with wheel fitment, just ask me.

/end rant

MOAR PICS

On a side note. 18's are AWESOME on the new fit. 16s were waaay to small imo. The car is big (like the scion xb) and 18s work out awesome. I think you could get away with 17s if they were really aggressive.. then again, if you're tracking, 16"s are where it's at.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:50 PM
those 18's look nicee, are you still on bags?

Old 09-19-2009, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
no, I dont think he ever got it installed. Just very low on coils.

Car looks amazing by the way. White on White FTW

Old 09-19-2009, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
No bags... Just on the lowest coilovers I could get my paws on. I have no idea why I haven't installed the bags to be honest. It's all there minus a fitting or two...being lazy i suppose. If anyone wants to install it for me then be my guest! hahahah

In reality, I could raise the car up and get the tires to fit - but where's the challenge in that.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Nice, I love those wheels, just wish I could justify buying a set for myself

Looking forward to seeing them fitted all around.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:17 AM
wow, you work fast. ride looks awesome. i'm on the peninsula, maybe i'll see you if a real nor*cal meet ever materializes.

Last edited by neil patrick harris; 09-21-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
Nice... I can't wait to see the Mugen kit with these wheels. I got to get around to putting the Mugen kit on my car!!!!

Old 09-30-2009, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
MUGEN has interior kit as well. Why not go all the way?

Name:  MUGENFITINTERIOR.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  37.1 KB

Your car looks really COOL. How much have you spent so far? You might be able to buy a second FIT already, lol.

Name:  FITSKYROOF3.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  40.4 KB

Old 09-30-2009, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITMugen
MUGEN has interior kit as well. Why not go all the way?
just an observation, that is for a right hand drive car. Do they even make one for left hand drive cars?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Here is another idea. I got it from MUGEN web site.

Name:  mugen-f154-sc-11.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  109.8 KB

Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 AM
danielg, I think I saw you in stop and go traffic on 237 around 5:30 pm today (Thursday). I passed you in carpool, but not in my Fit. I am pretty sure this was you.

Quick Reply: Danielg @ Memoryfab, New Fit GE8 Build Thread