2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Replace glass on frog light?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Subie
With the film slapped on the lens, I'm not really confident it'll protect the lens against rocks.
While the material will not stop everything it is going to go a long way toward keeping them intact.

Originally Posted by Subie
I have the clear film on my headlights and yellow on my fogs. Mainly put them on (headlights) hoping the film would protect the plastic from yellowing over time. The yellow fog light film right now is just a "let's see if it works" - type application.

Putting on the headlight film was a challenge, with the big application surface and the curvature. Needless to say mine didn't turn out perfect. But good enough for me. No car show trophies for sure. Just want to retard yellowing of the clear plastic lens cover.
One of the main reasons for clouding and yellowing of the lens is due to sand blasting. Millions of grains of sand tend to erode the hard coating that most manufactures put on the lenses. One that coating is gone it is all downhill from there. The 07-08's headlight has a large bulging shape, so application of the protection kit is going to be harder than most other kits. When you are regularly cleaning your car, don't neglect the headlights. Cleaning and protecting the headlight protection kit with a product like 303 Protectant is going to go a long way toward keeping them clean, clear and resilient.

Originally Posted by sooznd
I have the Blue HID film on my fog lights. Looks nice with my Tidewater Blue Fit- just a hint of blue when the lights are off and nice & bright when lit.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor
Keep an eye on our threads in the Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales Section for all the latest info.

For those in Canada (or other international locations) we just added a flat rate economy international shipping method which lowers the shipping cost by 50-80%
Much appreciated! Especially on the shipping!!