2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Dream or nightmare?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa
Let me see if I can get this across in a useful way because in no way do I intend to criticize someone's car and I have seen yours enough to know you certainly know how to take care of it and make it look like you want. You can just take my observations and do whatever you want, either ignoring them or disagreeing or anything else.

Mostly I think there is a risk in using too WIDE a color range on a car (or when decorating a room in a home, or building a corporate logo, or anything else.) Nothing is wrong with red, or using it on the badge. I think (as a general guideline) you want two or maybe three primary colors and of course they should all sort of go together. On yours you have black mostly, yellow/gold from the wheels/fogs/turns and the natural white that reflects off the lenses. The last one, unfortunately you can't do much about. Three I think is sufficient, and the red is an "extra" color.

Note I do not say that red is of itself undesirable - it's only that there are too many colors going on at once. That's it! Nothing else wrong with the red badge. You could even make the fogs clear, the wheels black or silver, and add another red touch somewhere (RS badge?) if you love the red accent And if you think it's not good advice, that's OK too because you're talking to someone whose current modifications are adding a condenser guard, reaiming the headlights, rectifying the Bluetooth lack, and putting on those convex side mirrors for blind spots.
It is good advice...I am also a perfectionist, so thanks! I'm just thinking it over, as several have said such. Perhaps the mugen grill w/o red would work. Then again, 90DGRZ was my inspiration car so I don't know quite what I'll do yet. I'm so close

90DGRZ:

Also about that Mugen grill, is it just me or does it look strange on a CBP? On most cars it narrows the grill just enough b/c the outer part of the grill matches the paint. On a CBP it just seems to look like the grill is super small:

Last edited by lowkeymods; 08-30-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
I like the Mugen grille (wish we had this for the 2012) it actually makes the hood flow into the bumper.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I like the red H badge, but definitely agree with fuji regarding too much colors... Remove the yellow fog, add the clear, and if you want add the JDM red front rs grill badge. Yellow overload, imo.

As for the too much colors again, the yellow/bronze (IMO). I liked the look of your car when you got the bronze rims, but after a while now it looks like too much and maybe dated styling (I should talk... lol).

I also say no to the flat wrap (although it would definitely protect the paint and doesn't look too bad), and a big NO to the vented hood, however those Works in gunmetal or metal buff (as Wanderer mentioned) would look killer!!! and I think would stand the test of time, and complete your look.

If you want to go past that in mods, go with the Mugen parts... The grill looks good with the red H also.

That's my opinion, but basically do what will make you enjoy the car more because not because you want to increase the mod list or for others, etc, etc.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the advice guys. For now, I'm going back to the original "H" badge...still not feeling the mugen grille on CBP.

When the time for new wheels comes, I'll give those more thought. Yes, I have the $ for new wheels, but parking it outside on the street daily in Bmore doesn't seem like a good place for Work wheels

Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
omg that flat black looks so beasty, i love it