2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Help!!! Wheel fitment!!!! Hella flush!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Help!!! Wheel fitment!!!! Hella flush!!

Hello im finally getting new rims for the fit but i have some questions for whoever can help me out

Im going for the flush look on the fit

Which one of these set ups will give me that look---a little poke is ok but not to much--if you have to add spaces into the equation go ahead--also staggering the wheels is ok tooo maybe 7inch wide in the front and 8 in the back but i dont know

PLEASE HELP---here are the sizes im working with

THANKS!!!!!

16x7 +38---i know would be flush in the front but would the +15 be too MUCH???
16x7 +15
16x8 +0
16x8 +15
^^can also be offered in 17's

17x7 +38----can no stagger --only size in stock

Last edited by Fatfit3; 01-30-2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: adding
Old 01-30-2011, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fatfit3
Hello im finally getting new rims for the fit but i have some questions for whoever can help me out

Im going for the flush look on the fit

Which one of these set ups will give me that look---a little poke is ok but not to much--if you have to add spaces into the equation go ahead--also staggering the wheels is ok tooo maybe 7inch wide in the front and 8 in the back but i dont know

PLEASE HELP---here are the sizes im working with

THANKS!!!!!

16x7 +38---i know would be flush in the front but would the +15 be too MUCH???
16x7 +15
16x8 +0
16x8 +15
^^can also be offered in 17's

17x7 +38----can no stagger --only size in stock

For the 10 thousandth time; stick with 45 mm minimum offset. If you go with 195 section you might get away with 42 mm but not if you're lowered. And max 7 inch rim width is all you need.

Heres what 17x7/42 look like with 195/40's.No rub no cost in mpg or acceleration but just barely.

http://img137.imageshack.us/i/fitphoto.png/

Last edited by mahout; 01-30-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:02 PM
hex
what's the point of staggering if you're not even doing it right?

put the wider wheel on the driving wheel (in this case, the 2 front wheels).
that's the only way you'll benefit from having a staggered set up.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hex

Agreed, unless the tires are the same all the way around. a 195 on a Wide wheel will be stretched and look awful while it might look ok on a regular sized wheel.

This "flush" trend makes cars look awful when the tire needs to be stretched (which is most of the time because many of the cars are lowered). - I'm ready for the fad to go away.

~SB

Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hex

Whats rim width have to do with stagger? And why on a Fit? Do you know what stagger is?
You may be talking about wider tires on the drive wheels but thats not stagger and its almost irelevant on a Fit. Stagger is meaningless because stagger is fitting smaller diameter tires on one side, typically left, to assist turning left. Wouldn't do much for street driving.Fittiong wider tires on the drfive axle is self-deteating if the wider tires are equal to or bigger diameter than the original. Heavier weight at greater radius is a killer for acceleration and mpg.

Last edited by mahout; 01-31-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by mahout
Fittiong wider tires on the drfive axle is self-deteating if the wider tires are equal to or bigger diameter than the original. Heavier weight at greater radius is a killer for acceleration and mpg.
The OP is a wannabe flush ricer. Do you think he cares about heavier weight or MPG? He just wants a "sick ride" .

So ready for that trend to end. Happily, it seems to be abating in most places. A slow and painful death, but a death is a death is a death....

Zach

Old 01-31-2011, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
Whats rim width have to do with stagger? And why on a Fit? Do you know what stagger is?
You may be talking about wider tires on the drive wheels but thats not stagger and its almost irelevant on a Fit. Stagger is meaningless because stagger is fitting smaller diameter tires on one side, typically left, to assist turning left.
I thought putting bigger wheels on one axle vs the other axle was staggering....?

most commonly seen on RWD cars where the rear wheel had bigger setups than the front wheels.

Aesthetically, I kinda like it (on some cars).

I think Hex's suggestion of putting the bigger tires on the front... well, aesthetically, don't think I like it.

I won't go into the performance aspect of it.

Originally Posted by Vacca Rabite
The OP is a wannabe flush ricer. Do you think he cares about heavier weight or MPG? He just wants a "sick ride" .

So ready for that trend to end. Happily, it seems to be abating in most places. A slow and painful death, but a death is a death is a death....

Zach
I'm looking forward to getting wider tires (205s)... just wider, not bigger diameter. Mostly because of the highway instability I feel on some sections of road. The same issue went away when my 97 Mirage got bigger wheels (wider and bigger diameter all around). Hoping the wider tires will do the same for the Fit.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:32 PM
you dont have to like it and if you dont why put your 2 cents in this thread...I LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS THUS WHY I STARTED THIS THREAD

Old 01-31-2011, 07:47 PM
you dont have to like it and if you dont why put your 2 cents in this thread...I LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS THUS WHY I STARTED THIS THREAD
do you even know what the stock specs are??? if not... 1. know those first 2. do the math 3. add common sense 4. let us know what you come up with and then we'll start from there

Old 01-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
do you even know what the stock specs are??? if not... 1. know those first 2. do the math 3. add common sense 4. let us know what you come up with and then we'll start from there
1. Why would i let you know you know becuause it pretty obvious you dont care (but funny how you keep checking the thread as if you do)

2. Why would i let you know---so you can have internet muscles and gripe from behind a computer screen

It was simply an opinion question i figured out what im running but just wanted some input and maybe some suggestions

it people like you that give forums a bad name

Old 01-31-2011, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
You may be talking about wider tires on the drive wheels but thats not stagger and its almost irelevant on a Fit. Stagger is meaningless because stagger is fitting smaller diameter tires on one side, typically left, to assist turning left. Wouldn't do much for street driving.Fittiong wider tires on the drfive axle is self-deteating if the wider tires are equal to or bigger diameter than the original. Heavier weight at greater radius is a killer for acceleration and mpg.
Rim width won't impact staggering unless you go so wide on one wheel that you have to increase the tire width to be safe. 185 on 6" wide wheels works fine but running a 185 Width on anything larger than a 6.5" rim is a safety issue. if you wanted to run a 7" wheel in the rear, you'd have to go to a 195 both Front & Rear to be safe and balanced. (Note: Many aftermarket wheels in the 16" range are 7" wide and will require an upgrade in tire width.) For most any given tire width, you have a range of about 1.5" of wheel width that you can choose from to maintain the same contact patch (a few have a range of as much as 2.0" while others have less). The fluctuation in wheel width will primarily depend on the aspect ratio you decide to run, especially when dealing with smaller tires/wheels. (18"-20" wheels have a bit more choice unless people are running and insanely low profile for that "ghetto" look)

Back to the fit... For example, on 16" wheels:
  • a 205/50/ has a wheel range of 5.5" wide to 7.5" wide.
  • a 195/55/ has a wheel range of 5.5 to 7.0
  • Stock 185/55 has a range of 6.0 to 6.5
The above ranges can vary depending on the overall diameter and tire width you wish to go with. A Great Resource from yokohama can be used: Yokohama

To Clarify: staggering wheels means that the front wheels are different from the rear (not left/right); usually in Diameter or tire width. Also fitting wider tires on the front would be beneficial in acceleration if the overall weight is maintained/dropped and the diameter of the tire is maintained. also, a wider tire in the front would help with grip in the front as the fit is prone to understeer. Again maintaining or lowering weight is essential here.

~SB

PS. Most of my info came from looking at a few different forums, reading the good info on Yokohama and other manufacturer's sites as well as putting common sense and some basic laws of physics to good use. it is not gospel but I believe, useful and accurate - My disclaimer for those that choose to nitpick.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:03 PM
1. Why would i let you know you know becuause it pretty obvious you dont care (but funny how you keep checking the thread as if you do)

2. Why would i let you know---so you can have internet muscles and gripe from behind a computer screen

It was simply an opinion question i figured out what im running but just wanted some input and maybe some suggestions

so you think I don't care??? then fine... you want to be an asshole? fine... you are dumb and stupid. if you don't agree... then that's not my problem.

btw... I like your signature... nice knowing you.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
No it is definitely people like you that give forums a bad name. Don't bother doing any research or finding out the basics like stock specs.

Next time:

Also, looking at your sig.. with two totaled cars and one blown motor you should learn how to drive before you go about intentionally screwing up your latest ride and creating an even greater danger to the public at large.

I guess "it is what it is."

Or better yet go find a forum that enables this stupid "hellaflush" trend. They love ignorant fanboi's and you will fit in perfectly.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-31-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
No it is definitely people like you that give forums a bad name. Don't bother doing any research or finding out the basics like stock specs.

Next time:

Also, looking at your sig.. with two totaled cars and one blown motor you should learn how to drive before you go about intentionally screwing up your latest ride and creating an even greater danger to the public at large.

I guess "it is what it is."

Or better yet go find a forum that enables this stupid "hellaflush" trend. They love ignorant fanboi's and you will fit in perfectly.

blown motor-shop forgot to put oil back in my car.
first totaled civic-i was rear ended.
second totaled car-my girlfriend was driving and a deer ran out in front of her.

but thank you for your concern

it was an opinion question, for people to chime in about the wheels.

i didnt ask for stock specs once.
maybe you should read the question better next time.

and there are many people on this forum that run a flush setup.
i said it once and ill probably have to say it another hundred times on this thread...you dont have to like it. no one asked for your smart comments.

now if you have some vital information about the wheels ill listen. but if not stop reading if you dont like it.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
blown motor-shop forgot to put oil back in my car.
first totaled civic-i was rear ended.
second totaled car-my girlfriend was driving and a deer ran out in front of her.

but thank you for your concern

it was an opinion question, for people to chime in about the wheels.

i didnt ask for stock specs once.
maybe you should read the question better next time.

and there are many people on this forum that run a flush setup.
i said it once and ill probably have to say it another hundred times on this thread...you dont have to like it. no one asked for your smart comments.

now if you have some vital information about the wheels ill listen. but if not stop reading if you dont like it.
What we are saying is this:

A 5 minute search session would have saved the rest of us from reading your redudant thread and saved you the abuse.

That you acknowledge that some people on this forum go for flush should tell you the information is here.

A quick search and a glance at this:

should be all you need to figure it out. So stop posting, start searching.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:35 PM
thank you for the information

Old 01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Wait... after all of that work I did above... no one is going to scream, slam me, or tell me that they just want an opinion?

If I wanted to go from HellaFlush to MOFO-Flush... what offset would i need?

~SB

Old 01-31-2011, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
For the 10 thousandth time; stick with 45 mm minimum offset. If you go with 195 section you might get away with 42 mm but not if you're lowered. And max 7 inch rim width is all you need.

Heres what 17x7/42 look like with 195/40's.No rub no cost in mpg or acceleration but just barely.

Originally Posted by specboy
Rim width won't impact staggering unless you go so wide on one wheel that you have to increase the tire width to be safe. 185 on 6" wide wheels works fine but running a 185 Width on anything larger than a 6.5" rim is a safety issue. if you wanted to run a 7" wheel in the rear, you'd have to go to a 195 both Front & Rear to be safe and balanced. (Note: Many aftermarket wheels in the 16" range are 7" wide and will require an upgrade in tire width.) For most any given tire width, you have a range of about 1.5" of wheel width that you can choose from to maintain the same contact patch (a few have a range of as much as 2.0" while others have less). The fluctuation in wheel width will primarily depend on the aspect ratio you decide to run, especially when dealing with smaller tires/wheels. (18"-20" wheels have a bit more choice unless people are running and insanely low profile for that "ghetto" look)

Back to the fit... For example, on 16" wheels:
  • a 205/50/ has a wheel range of 5.5" wide to 7.5" wide.
  • a 195/55/ has a wheel range of 5.5 to 7.0
  • Stock 185/55 has a range of 6.0 to 6.5
The above ranges can vary depending on the overall diameter and tire width you wish to go with. A Great Resource from yokohama can be used: Yokohama

To Clarify: staggering wheels means that the front wheels are different from the rear (not left/right); usually in Diameter or tire width. Also fitting wider tires on the front would be beneficial in acceleration if the overall weight is maintained/dropped and the diameter of the tire is maintained. also, a wider tire in the front would help with grip in the front as the fit is prone to understeer. Again maintaining or lowering weight is essential here.

~SB

PS. Most of my info came from looking at a few different forums, reading the good info on Yokohama and other manufacturer's sites as well as putting common sense and some basic laws of physics to good use. it is not gospel but I believe, useful and accurate - My disclaimer for those that choose to nitpick.

Actually these two posts and that chart should be all you need.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-31-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:55 PM
thanks for the info---ill take all this into cosideraton---this thread is already in my favs

Old 01-31-2011, 08:59 PM
if you think knowing the stock specs on you car's wheels/tires is just bullshit and a waste of time then go ahead... slap whatever size wheels and tires you want.

Quick Reply: Help!!! Wheel fitment!!!! Hella flush!!