2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Question for Blue Sensation Pearl owners...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Question for Blue Sensation Pearl owners...

I've always owned white cars, but I'm seriously considering buying a BSP fit. How easily does it show dirt and door-dings? Is it any easier to keep clean than a black car?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Nothing like white... and not quite as bad as black. It is going to require quite a bit of effort to keep looking sharp and clean, trust me...

Old 07-16-2010, 04:20 PM
the Blue Pearl Sensation is good to keep clean, personally, this is my favorite colour on the Fit sport,
the color looks amazing in the sun and i get so many compliments on the car.
You can use a good sealer, like zaino to make the car easier to wash, and keeps the bright shine.
the Silver Storm metallic would be my 2nd choice, then white as a third choice.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:47 PM
I love mine. One of my first cars was a black car. This car is much better. I had to actually drive two hours away just to get my BSP color because I was dead set on it. I test drove a silver one...didn't like it. But ever since I joined this forum and have seen pictures of every other color, I think they each are great. I would never give up mine though.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Bsp

Definitely get the BSP Fit, it looks magical. There is a thread on here for the BSP where some chick posted picks of hers and someone had some pics of it in the snow from last winter - THAT IS HOW IT LOOKS IN REAL LIFE. Something about this paint code makes it look airbrushed, with deep dark blues with awesome highlights wherever direct light hits it, all along sparkling like twilight with the glitter 'pearls' in the paint.

I have a couple tiny scratches but they don't show really bad. You don't need to keep it really clean all the time but man, whenever you wash it it's definitely a head turner.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:18 PM
this is the best color. especially if you like to wash your car

Old 09-28-2010, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cromulent742
I've always owned white cars, but I'm seriously considering buying a BSP fit. How easily does it show dirt and door-dings? Is it any easier to keep clean than a black car?
I'll be honest, not give you an answer based on what I like, or what I think is best for you because I made that choice.

I've owned lots of black cars, SUVs, trucks. If you like a clean ride then they are an absolute nightmare to keep clean. They also show paint swirl the easiest of all cars, but are absolutely beautiful when completely clean.

I purchased a Blue Sensation Pearl back in the spring. I thought it would be a lot easier to keep clean than black, yet still dark enough to satisfy my likes (I prefer dark paint as opposed to light). Where it is a bit easier than black to keep clean, I find it not a lot better.

It's a great color when it's completely clean, but, to be honest, it's just as much effort keeping my BSP clean as it is o keep the black cars I've owned clean. It may not show dirt quite as fast or quite as immediately noticeable as black. Yet, what does it matter? When you're up close to the car, dirt, is dirt, is dirt, is dirt! In order to keep my BSP clean I have to wash it every bit as much as any black car I've ever owned. The rear of the car gets dirty and shows it every bit as much and as quickly as black.

I've also noticed, for some reason, my BSP shows blemishes really easy. You'd better get bird crap and things such as that off almost immediately. My BSP isn't that old and I've had to buff out fairly noticeable paint irregularities already... and I couldn't get them out with simply hand buffing them. Crappy Honda paint in general? Or just the BSP? I've noticed BSPs having blemish problems at dealerships too when they sit for awhile before being sold. Not nearly as bad, if noticeable at all, for other Fit colors.

If you want something that looks nice, yet doesn't show dirt easily then go with Milano Red, or Orange Revolution Metallic (better), or Storm Silver Metallic (classy, elegant, great color... and is best for not showing dirt, IMO).

Blue Sensation is again, a REALLY nice color, when it's clean. I'm glad I chose BSP. Yet, all said and done, for me it's really no easier to keep clean than black. It's STILL a dark color, and can be a pain in the @$$.

My BSP experience, and as honestly as I can report it. Others may have different opinions.

Good luck with the choice.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
the blue is good

Old 09-28-2010, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 12vltfrk
the blue is good
White is goodest. Taffy that is.