2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My Aussie '09 Black "Jazz"

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 04:30 PM
My Aussie '09 Black "Jazz"

Hi guys, new to this forum (have been on many Subaru forums with my lifted H6 Outback - now used as my "family" car) and have recently purchased a Black '09 Gli... 5sp

But... things don't stand still long for me - I've already turned it from 'plain jane' to 'stealth' ....

3 weeks old today....

Mods so far -

Tint
Sunroof
Window visors
Foglights (not purchased at Honda pricing)
"Fit" sill protectors
17 x 7 rims and 205/40 tyres
Chrome accents under door handles
Rear Spoiler (Honda factory standard)
Smoked tail lights
Replaced Headlights
Double DIN Stereo housing
JVC USB/iPod stereo
Sony Xplod 4way speakers in all doors
Debadged (i-Vtec) badge
Top tint on windscreen

The car is a daily driver and I use it as my work car... to date 3k in 3 weeks at an avg 6.5l/100km (corrected)

Look forward to contributing and learning.
All feedback welcome.

Still to come - when Honda gets stock (purchased new with the vehicle) -

Factory front spoiler
Door protector strips
Centre Console Armrest (from eBay)

Cheers
Garry

Old 09-30-2009, 04:32 PM
The car was one week old when I did this to it.... all in the name of fitting fogs and new headlights!!

...then to replace the headlights...

Just shows there's not a lot there when the plastic bumper and headlights are removed!!

I did the job over two evenings.

Cheers

Old 09-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Looks sweet...love the headlights.
I think the only other thing I would do is lower it.
Oh and maybe black out those emblems.... ;-)

Old 09-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Looks sweet...love the headlights.
I think the only other thing I would do is lower it.
Oh and maybe black out those emblems.... ;-)
Can't lower it... I have a very steep driveway and scrape coming out as it is...

In fact I'm getting heavier springs made for the rear because I use it as my work car and carry a fair bit of gear in the back. I don't want it sagging over the 5 year lease period.

I have debadged the i-Vtec badge, and am considering a "TypeR" badge to go opposite the "Jazz" badge.

I can hear the purists gasping in shock already but, unfortunately "RS" is not appropriate in Australia as it has a negative connotation - read "RatSh*t"

Cheers

Old 09-30-2009, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
rear disc brakes!

Old 09-30-2009, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ggvfr
... I can hear the purists gasping in shock already but, unfortunately "RS" is not appropriate in Australia as it has a negative connotation - read "RatSh*t"

Cheers
Similar here but Real Sh...

Old 09-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Nice headlights. One thing I dislike is that little "bump" I really wonder about it's impact on aerodynamics.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
Lease???! I'm guessing you plan to buy it, but then- why the lease?

Next up for me is body side moulding. I don't think many here put it on. I guess the look isn't up to par. Looks fine to me.

Dan

Old 09-30-2009, 09:28 PM
very nice!

i bet u see alot of the commadore VE's around there.. since its the best selling car over there..

Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by interestingstuff
Nice headlights. One thing I dislike is that little "bump" I really wonder about it's impact on aerodynamics.
I'm with you on the headlight covers. Why did the US versions get the tumor on top? The older models and this guys mod have much nicer lines.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:42 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
other than lowering it. Looks great.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
sorry man..not really feeling it. looks like a 4x4. wheels are too big looking. not feeling the taillights either..but i like your sunroof.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
the wheels are a little too big for my taste, mabye if it were dropped a little it would look better, but looks good!

Old 10-01-2009, 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
Lease???! I'm guessing you plan to buy it, but then- why the lease?

Next up for me is body side moulding. I don't think many here put it on. I guess the look isn't up to par. Looks fine to me.

Dan
Technically, it's a chattel mortgage - effectively a lease but I've arranged it so that there is no residual at the end... I'll own it outright.

I work for myself and this is the best way - tax wise - for me to do it and not tie up heaps of my money...

Cheers

Old 10-01-2009, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
man...that is so ugly

Old 10-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by 55Fit55
I'm with you on the headlight covers. Why did the US versions get the tumor on top?
HAH! Tumor.. heh, well it's not just the USDM that has those.. you can see the bump in this guys (AU) before pictures..

Old 10-01-2009, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ggvfr
The car was one week old when I did this to it.... all in the name of fitting fogs and new headlights!!

...then to replace the headlights...

Just shows there's not a lot there when the plastic bumper and headlights are removed!!

I did the job over two evenings.

Cheers
Interesting pics, thanks for posting these. I'd like to see a USDM 09 Fit similarly dissected to compare.

I notice the washer fluid reservoir is tucked around the bumper brace in the front bumper cover. Ours are up above the frame. Good thing: I'd hate to lose fluid in a fender bender.

Looking at the closeness of the bumper cross-member to the evaporator, I wonder though if it isn't 3mph crash survivability that required our longer noses and not 40mph.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
I love the rear discs, headlights, rear spoiler, chrome door handle bowl covers (so that's what they'll look like on a CBP when I finally get around to installing mine), sunroof (was that from Honda or aftermarket?)
Coincidentally I'm planning the same mods.

The rims complement the car very nicely, although I agree it does need to drop a little. I'm in the same scenario as you I use it for work, and gigs, so sometimes I have to load it up as well, I was thinking maybe coilovers when more options become available here in the U.S. Maybe coilovers would work for you?

The 4-ways must sound sick... did you have to drill new mounting holes?

Old 10-02-2009, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
i want a sunroof!! ugh.

glad to see you're enjoying the new car

Old 10-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
I love the rear discs, headlights, rear spoiler, chrome door handle bowl covers (so that's what they'll look like on a CBP when I finally get around to installing mine), sunroof (was that from Honda or aftermarket?)
Coincidentally I'm planning the same mods.

The rims complement the car very nicely, although I agree it does need to drop a little. I'm in the same scenario as you I use it for work, and gigs, so sometimes I have to load it up as well, I was thinking maybe coilovers when more options become available here in the U.S. Maybe coilovers would work for you?

The 4-ways must sound sick... did you have to drill new mounting holes?
Cheers FitStir, the sunroof is aftermarket (but fitted through the dealer prior to pick-up) ~ $1800Aus... but worth it. It's a Hollandia 700.

The 4 ways sound much better than the stock speakers, particularly with the JVC HU. I had to make some 16mm spacers as the speakers wouldn't sit flush - and I'm not sure if the magnets would have cleared the window mechanism.

The speakers in the Jazz/Fit have a built in 3/4" spacer anyway so it was no drama spacing the 4 ways. they still fit behind the original grilles in the doors - a real 'stealth' mod...

Good luck with your mods.

Cheers
Garry

Quick Reply: My Aussie '09 Black "Jazz"