2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
Finally trimmed / installed the rubber grommet that's supposed to be installed on top of my coilover adjustment ring thing mabobber. No more noises
Wonder what it is you're talking about here??

And people, I don't think you have to post if you drove your car to the grocery store! Yeah, you drove your car, that's what they're for. Post if you DO something TO your car.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
Wonder what it is you're talking about here??

And people, I don't think you have to post if you drove your car to the grocery store! Yeah, you drove your car, that's what they're for. Post if you DO something TO your car.
I DID do something. I changed out my park lights.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
installed my Blox Medium Mini Antenna and bought wiring stuff for my upcoming Fiamme Horn upgrade

Old 09-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Installed aftermarket door jam protectors, to keep all that shiny white paint inside the door openings on my TW 2012 base AT Fit looking pristine. Easy clean-with-alcohol-and-stick-down install, made into a chore by working one-handed due to a stroke.

Boy I hate not being capable of routine car maintenance, let alone more involved 'fun' work on cars. But I'm lucky that doctors and DMV let me drive at all I guess...which is why I got the Fit, it's the easiest controls to drive of any car I've ever had. (2nd easiest:Suzuki Samurais. Hardest: tie between 1946 Chevy pickup, and 1974 Volvo 242, both with extremely heavy non-power steering.)

Paul H
(Oh, and I drove to pick up Pinkberry frozen yogurt. )

Old 09-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Drove it past the gas station while waving at the Texas gas guzzlers
that were in there filling up their thirsty beasts.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
not much Fit action today as it's the weekend. only moved the 09 out of the way to pull out my Z. wanted to wash the GE's, but was waaay to hot and humid. will make a re-attempt tomorrow.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Well today was a long day. The wife and I took the cars out to my job to install her sway bars ten mins for the rear and what felled like a life time the front sway bar, as well as the front brake.

Our friends Nick and Chad came to help out as well, while the wife did her front brakes Nick and I swapped hatches (mine is a base hatch and his is a sport hatch).

After getting the wife's car off the lift and bedding the brakes we found out her car is too low and had to remove the RSB. All in all had a great day tomorrow Chad and I are going to give my car a full detail wash, clay and wax .
The only thing that would of made this day even better is if I didn't forget the damn memory car for my camera. But I did get a few

New sway bars
Name:  DSC_6204.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  202.8 KB

Me with the wife's car
Name:  DSC_6206.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  219.0 KB

her spoon sway bar and stock one with her rotors that I turned
Name:  DSC_6208.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  195.2 KB

Nick playing around
Name:  DSC_6213.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  119.1 KB

my hatch
Name:  DSC_6218.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  198.1 KB

Last edited by swflej1; 09-02-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Tossed on a pair of the stock wheels (with stock tires still on them). Sometimes, it pays not to get rid of stuff you replaced. Had to do it because I was annoyed at staring at the spare tire on the car.

I'm surprised that after sitting there for a year and a half, the tires still have enough air to look full on the Fit. Well, three of them anyway. The fourth is flat with a hole in the sidewall. Like I said in an earlier post a few days ago, I ordered new set of DWS tires. I was thinking of putting them on the stock wheels... for a little bit of variety (change from the Enkei). But now, not so sure. Stock wheels are heavier... and plus, my stock tires (that aren't flat) still have plenty of life in them so I don't want to toss them out quite yet (keep using them as spares like I am now).

I've never had so many flat tires on a single vehicle before... until the Fit, I averaged less than one per vehicle, in fact, I only had THREE in the 16 years of driving before the Fit. The Fit has garnered me three more in the 2 yrs and 2 months of owning it.

Then again, all the previous cars have had pricier issues... Pathfinder was repairs left and right (my sister and her husband are HORRIBLE when it comes to upkeep). Mirage was multiple accidents (got the other insurance to pay for one of them). Acura Legend was repairs until my dad junked it for the Mirage. The old (drive?) belt in the Legend snapped and then proceeded to chew up the new belt and destroy itself with it. Honda Accord was repairs also (radiator popped). Mazda MPV had its transmission snap. For Taurus Wagon had massive oil leak (and I think it was burning much of it too!).

+.+

Old 09-03-2012, 08:43 AM
fit will be in a body shop

Old 09-03-2012, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
checked psi this am on both my GE's. with the temps tapering off this week, i need to pump 2psi in there sometime this week.

was at 33psi at 70F this am. will be in the high 50F's in the evening hours by late week.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Wash, clayblocked and wax my car

Old 09-03-2012, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
installed SPC front camber bolts in prep for alignment this week. it's been about 400miles since i installed the swifts so should be enough.

going to start with -1.5 camber and zero toe and see where it takes me. i may or may not need more camber. will see.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
Today I finally installed a mesh grill to protect the AC condenser on my 2010. I found this 6" X 36" galvanized steel gutter guard at Home Depot for $2.29 (Model # 85280 Internet # 100002884 Store SKU # 808857)

Simple installation steps
1. Purchase gutter guard & about 2 dozen black 8" tywraps. Optional: vinyl door edge strips and a 6 pack.
2. Remove plastic cover from top of radiator well. Careful removing the push clips that fasten the cover. Pry up the center pin before pulling on the fastener.
3. Using tin snips, cut 6" off the end of the gutter guard, so you now have 30" long X 6" wide strip. Also remove and discard the two little metal clips that are attached to the gutter guard. They're not necessary. I had some black door edge channel left over from another vehicle, so I cut it into 4 strips to cover the edges of the gutter guard. Absolutely not necessary, but it does protect your hands from getting cut on the edges during installation.
4. Place guard in opening with concave side towards the engine. The material is pliable, so you can gently form it to fit any contours.
5. Use the black tywraps to secure the screen. There are plenty of vertical sections on the vehicle's grille where you can discreetly make your attachments. Be sure to start the tywraps from the inside of the well opening. Run the tywrap through from the inside, around the vertical support, and back through into the well opening. Tighten the wraps securely and be sure to snip off the ends so no one thinks you're a dork if they should happen to look down into the well and see all the ends sticking out.
6. Put everything back together, have your optional adult beverage, and voila!

Name:  photobucket-14432-1346707674996.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  65.7 KB

Last edited by Rampo; 09-03-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: clip note added
Old 09-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Been a while since I've been on here...
I've installed my HID fogs I won a while back.

Last edited by ill_eagle94; 09-05-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
Ordered interior ambient lighting to match my console lighting that is also blue.
Made appt to have my swifts put on.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
drove my '12 to work today. it's landscraper day (lawn mowing) at work so.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:31 PM
I did a DIY brake job the other day - put on the Wagner Thermo Quiet Ceramic pads. (Took about 45 mins all together, First time doing them on this car.)

Old 09-04-2012, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Argh, it's been another few weeks since I've been on here. Priorities I guess, but I sure do miss keeping up with the action. Anything new to report here?

Still driving the Fit more than usual. I'm convinced that the swift/progress combo is amazing. For two companies that don't work together, it seems they compliment each other well-enough. Better dampers would be huge! As mentioned before, with some on there, I don't think I'd want for any other car on the road considering the mileage I get, even when driving like the streets are my circuit.

This is why I'm trying Honda this go around. The car likes the way I drive, as opposed to the German torque monsters, which I break. I suppose an american v8 must be owned at some point, so I can round out the car ownership experience. Seems I've had something of just about everything. But man, the Fit stacks up well with mods. I'd have a hard time getting rid of this car, which is the first time I can say that since I had the TDI 8 years ago, (and 4 cars since.)

'Til I get a chance to be on here more....tata.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Finally got plates in mail for my Fit purchased on 8/2...immediately went to DMV, turned them in, and in 3 - 4 weeks will be getting my handicap plates in the mail. Bummer I couldn't just get handicap plates ordered when the dealer sent in registration...I had all needed documents for them, but dealer said dmv needed to first register the car before handicap plates could be had.

Bummer is I now have a red temp operating permit that is supposed to be taped inside my rear window til my new new plates arrive. But I 15% tinted the rear, and do NOT want to tape anything onto my new tinting and risk messing it up. So I bought an illegal (in CA anyway) plastic license plate cover...that I will tape the temp permit into, then screw it where my rear plate belongs. That way my red operating permit is visible from the rear, is hard to rip off, and doesn't mess up my newly tinted windows. If in the unlikely case that a cop says it is in the wrong place, I will point out that its visible from the rear, and my legally dark tinted rear window would make it virtually invisible had I taped it inside the rear window like DMV told me to.

Paul H

Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Prh- my dealer was the same with vanity plates. Not for my Fit, but for my other car i wanted to get it...was going to buy new plates this yr only to find out I had to be at least 3 months from when my generic plates expire.... so postponed till next yr....

Getting tint done today on my '12 as I type. real excited.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?