2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 fit hatch chrome trim coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor
2009 fit hatch chrome trim coming soon

Good Day All:

I am excited to report that we will be offering a chrome hatch trim piece for the ALL- NEW 2009 Fit:

Add class to the rear of your ALL-NEW Honda Fit. Our chrome trim installs on the rear hatch using strong 3M Double-Sided tape for a perfect "FIT!" Made from durable ABS plastic that has been coated with a high-gloss chrome finish that will last many years.

We will have this item in stock within the next 2-3 weeks. Stay tuned!

Old 11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
Won't be a fan of these but if you could supply a black one without a hole for the wiper I would be more interested.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:35 PM
thanks! I like the look of chrome on my SSM Fit more than the carbon fiber. I'll be keeping my eye out on future products also!

Old 11-10-2008, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
Kinda goes for that new impreza rear look.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I've thought about going that chrome route. I think on the Black, and White Fit's it almost makes it look Benz-ish (IMO), almost luxury type.

IMO in the other colors it doesn't look as good. But it good to have more options and parts available.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the comments. We are slowly rolling out more items.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Retired Moderator
Looks good but you should offer a few more options in colors.... I.E. Carbon look... ect ect...

Old 11-26-2008, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Any plans to get a chrome rear bumper applique?

and/or maybe some chrome grill accent?

I'm really considering this route, just gotta do a photoshop and see how it looks first.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by FitStir
Any plans to get a chrome rear bumper applique?

and/or maybe some chrome grill accent?

I'm really considering this route, just gotta do a photoshop and see how it looks first.
Angelo is working on a Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector strip- should be here soon. I have the hatch trim, and it looks very good all by itself on Blackberry Pearl. The monochrome rear of the new Fits, with dark colors, seems to need something to break it up a little.

I have test fitted the hatch trim and like it, but I won't permanently attach it until I see how the back end looks with the SS Bumper strip. I am wondering if too much shiny silver stuff on the back end will cheapen the overall look of the car. If I feel that that is the case, I will probably use the hatch trim and get an after-market black rubber (not tape) bumper protector.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah Stainless Steel would be a better option IMO. I hopefully wouldn't have to worry about the chrome upkeep, and those little chrome rust spots.

I'm hoping the SS/chrome color on the hatch trim, and the SS bumper strip, combined with a little front grill SS/chrome accents, and the chrome colored door handle protectors like the OEM from Honda will give it a MB C230 Kompressor look.

I think on the dark colored cars, especially on my Crystal Black Pearl, or even on the TW it will look nice.

side note: manxman have you upgraded the stock shocks on your GE8 to the Monroes yet?

Old 11-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by FitStir
Yeah Stainless Steel would be a better option IMO. I hopefully wouldn't have to worry about the chrome upkeep, and those little chrome rust spots.

I'm hoping the SS/chrome color on the hatch trim, and the SS bumper strip, combined with a little front grill SS/chrome accents, and the chrome colored door handle protectors like the OEM from Honda will give it a MB C230 Kompressor look.

I think on the dark colored cars, especially on my Crystal Black Pearl, or even on the TW it will look nice.

side note: manxman have you upgraded the stock shocks on your GE8 to the Monroes yet?
FitStir-
Keep in mind that the Zeta Chrome Hatch Trim is chrome plated plastic, just like their Hatch Trim for the GD3's, so there will be no upkeep as far as needing to seal it to prevent rust from occurring on underlying steel substrate. I want to see the Zeta SS Bumper Protector before buying, because my concern is about how much of the horizontal surface is covered. With the GD model, too much bumper surface was exposed. My alternative is a thick, raised rubber bumper protector from a different manufacturer. If I go that route, then I will use the chrome hatch trim for sure.

I have not thought much about air shocks on my GE, mainly because I don't find the stock rear shocks to be as weak in their performance as the GD shocks were. Freeway expansion joints don't make the rear suspension vibrate nearly as much as my '07. But I will still leave air shocks as an option for overload situations. I just mounted my Hidden Hitch, and intend to buy a Thule lightweight trailer from etrailer.com. When I use the trailer, I will need the height adjustment of the air shocks.

Last edited by manxman; 11-26-2008 at 05:50 PM.