2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

factory keyless entry system?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 10:46 PM
factory keyless entry system?

hello i am new...and i am planning to get a 09 fit soon...
i was wondering in the sports edition, it comes with a factory keyless entry system...does this sytem include a siren when people try to break into your car?
i know i can just ask the sales person this, but i am impatient and want to know the answer now
thanks!

Old 10-28-2008, 11:28 PM
I have the sport model and I didn't even know .

Googled it and came up with this website. It does honk and flash the lights when the alarm is triggered.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
yes it does have a alarm but no shock sensor.
so if someone broke your window you wouldn't know.
but if someone opened your do you will know.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:53 AM
so no shock sensor...can i add shock sensor to the factory setting..or i would need to get an aftermarket alarm set up?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Retired Moderator
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 713_fit
so no shock sensor...can i add shock sensor to the factory setting..or i would need to get an aftermarket alarm set up?
You should be able to add a sensor....to the factory alarm

Old 10-29-2008, 10:06 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You should be able to add a sensor....to the factory alarm

ooooooooo tel us how Dave
i want this option. i had a CompuStar in my camry and loved
it. i took it out before i sold it
was thinking of putting it into the Fit but if i can get a shock
sensor only. i'd rather not hack up my harness for another alarm.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by niko3257
ooooooooo tel us how Dave
Yes, please do tell us.

This might tempt me into actually keeping the stock alarm and adding the motion sensor, and remote start.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:28 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
is anybody out there? anybody? Dave?

any updates from anyone. like to know if this is possible.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
i wonder if those can actually work with the stock alarm...only because the compustar shock sensors have 2 "settings" no? One for light hits which warns the person, and the second that actually sets off the alarm. (to my recollection) So the question is, can you "hack" it so that it basically only sets off the alarm for the more severe shock? Regardless it seems like you'd have to install the computer chip or whatever's used to control it for the alarm anyways...

At the same time adding the alarm isn't that much more money if you're getting it installed somewhere already. I'm in Canada and the guy quoted me an extra 100 bucks to install the compustar alarm on top of the remote starter, so it's not a terrible price increase...or maybe that's just me :P

Old 10-30-2008, 10:55 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
i wonder if those can actually work with the stock alarm...only because the compustar shock sensors have 2 "settings" no? One for light hits which warns the person, and the second that actually sets off the alarm. (to my recollection) So the question is, can you "hack" it so that it basically only sets off the alarm for the more severe shock? Regardless it seems like you'd have to install the computer chip or whatever's used to control it for the alarm anyways...

At the same time adding the alarm isn't that much more money if you're getting it installed somewhere already. I'm in Canada and the guy quoted me an extra 100 bucks to install the compustar alarm on top of the remote starter, so it's not a terrible price increase...or maybe that's just me :P

i believe it is but i'm not 100% sure on the shock sensor.
but i will call someone today to see if this can be done.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by 713_fit
hello i am new...and i am planning to get a 09 fit soon...
i was wondering in the sports edition, it comes with a factory keyless entry system...does this sytem include a siren when people try to break into your car?
i know i can just ask the sales person this, but i am impatient and want to know the answer now
thanks!

yes it does comes with the keyless entry system... and the siren you are talking about is an additional cost which the dealer will install, basically its like buying an aftermarket alarm but honda version.... i would suggest just buy an aftermarket alarm since the dealer will charge you a grip for an alarm... get a top of the line viper its almost the same price for the honda alarm but you will get much for for the aftermarket.

BTW the honda fit sports does not come with an alarm unless the dealer installed it... ITS A KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM TOTALLY DIFFERENT THING.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmgpw04
yes it does comes with the keyless entry system... and the siren you are talking about is an additional cost which the dealer will install, basically its like buying an aftermarket alarm but honda version.... i would suggest just buy an aftermarket alarm since the dealer will charge you a grip for an alarm... get a top of the line viper its almost the same price for the honda alarm but you will get much for for the aftermarket.

BTW the honda fit sports does not come with an alarm unless the dealer installed it... ITS A KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM TOTALLY DIFFERENT THING.
To clarify, all Sport models come with the immobilizer alarm (when someone opens the door or tries to start your car), which is the horn honking wildly. None of the other models come with it unless you specify to get it, which isn't worth it =p

Old 10-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by M4psycho
To clarify, all Sport models come with the immobilizer alarm (when someone opens the door or tries to start your car), which is the horn honking wildly. None of the other models come with it unless you specify to get it, which isn't worth it =p
so a siren/horn does goes off if someone try to open my door right?

anyword on adding shock sensor so it?

yeah i can get an aftermarket keyless/shocksensor/basic alarm installed for 100 here too in houston

Old 10-31-2008, 01:38 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
today i called a aftermarket guy and he told me in order to add
a shock sensor the dealer has to have an option for it.
if there is no option avail from the dealer then he said no.

any alarm gurus out there that can shed some light on this?

i think i will call the dealer tomorrow and see if there is a shock
sensor option.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:19 AM
From the man:

"On Sport model, the security system helps to protect your vehicle and valuables from theft. The horn sounds and a combination of headlights, parking/side marker lights and taillights flashes if someone attempts to break into your vehicle or remove the audio unit. This alarm continues for 2 minutes, then the system resets. To reset an activated system before the 2 minutes have elapsed, unlock the driver's door with the key or the remote transmitter. The security system automatically sets 15 seconds after you lock the doors, hood, and the tailgate. For the system to activate, you must lock the doors and the tailgate from the outside with the key, driver's lock
tab, door lock master switch, or remote transmitter. The security system indicator on the instrument panel starts blinking immediately to show you the system is setting itself. Once the security system is set, opening any door, the tailgate, or the hood without using the key or the remote transmitter, will cause it to alarm. It also alarms if the radio is removed from the dashboard or the wiring is cut. The alarm will also be activated if a passenger inside the locked vehicle turns the ignition switch on. The security system will not set if the hood, tailgate, or any door is not fully closed. If the system will not set, check the door and tailgate open indicator on the instrument panel (see page 62) to see if the doors and tailgate are fully closed. Since it is not part of the monitor display, manually check the hood."

Old 10-31-2008, 11:02 AM
All models have the immobilizer. At least they do in Canada.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:13 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
just got talking to the dealer. there doesn't seem to be a sensor
add on.
so if anyone wants a shock sensor you have to go aftermarket alarm.

unless there is someone here that can tap it in and wants to tell
us.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by niko3257
unless there is someone here that can tap it in and wants to tell
us.
I`m reading the wire diagrams right now... it seems like it would work off of the same trip wire as the door but not sure...

I had the same thing told to me about my 2003 VW GTI VR6.. that I could not add any sensors to the factory alarm.... but ...I was able to... shock and motion sensors from DEI...
Soon as I find out which wire trips the alarm I`ll post it up for you all... but someons going to have to be the "TEST MULE"

Old 12-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Bringing this to the top...

Has anyone tried, or figured out how to add a shock sensor to the factory Sport 'alarm'? This is definitely at the top of my list of things to do, should be an easy enough mod.

And I'm guessing for those who want to add a motion or glass breakage sensor, it would be just as simple as adding a shock sensor.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:57 PM
i talked to my co worker (we both work at a honda dealership) (and he has experience in aftermarket alarm before, his mom own a car audio shop)
and he said i need these two items
horney 727t
pkh34 honda & acura transponder data override
im not sure if it will work or not..but he said if i want to use factory remote and add shock sensor..i need those two items....
im about to go to my guy that did my old car audio installation sometime this week hopefully and ask him personally and see if its possible
i will keep you all updated if i do it

Quick Reply: factory keyless entry system?