2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Check in if you bought a fit 08 or 09 in the last 30 days.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Be careful not to lose it in the snow! (That was meant for Scaldy, not FitInDayton!)

Old 12-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Friday, the 19th, purchased (cash, no financing) a base Taffeta White A/T FIT. Found the car online Thursday morning, and did the deal by internet email and telephone calls.

First new car I've ever had.

I have two questions.

What's with all the cup holders?

What does "The FIT is Go" mean?

Old 12-22-2008, 11:36 PM
They must have had a verythirsty engineering crew. I hink there are spots up front for 4 cups and a few bottles, and 4 more in back.

The Fit is Go only means that you paid attention to their advertising.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:15 AM
GE8
5 Year Member
I just bought ssm 09 last night. I have a had a ton of Hondas over the years but the fit is a blast!!!

Old 12-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fatman
Picked up my Sport Navi two days ago (Thursday). Used Auto-By-Tel, got it for $200 off MSRP.

Wow thats a pretty good deal you got.... nice color too

Old 12-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Friday, the 19th, purchased (cash, no financing) a base Taffeta White A/T FIT. Found the car online Thursday morning, and did the deal by internet email and telephone calls.

First new car I've ever had.

I have two questions.

What's with all the cup holders?

What does "The FIT is Go" mean?
More places to hide your Diet Cokes!

The Fit is Go means whatever you think it means (yes that's a Zen moment).

Seriously, it was a Japanese car to start with and we know how things get lost in translation...

Old 12-23-2008, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Shucks, I should have checked here to see what you all got thrown in when you bought your cars. I didn't even get floor mats but I got it a bit under MSRP in the end.

I really wanted the rear cargo lid but it doesn't come with it. They said it comes with the cargo tray but they didn't have it at the time of delivery.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Wow thats a pretty good deal you got.... nice color too
Thanks

However, I think I could have done better on the extended warranty. The initial deal the finance guy proposed was $1850 for 7yr/80K, and $2150 for 8yr/100K. He said that it retailed for $2850 and ~$3250, respectively, which of course is crazy. He also told me that I could not purchase it later.

I ended up talking him down to $1000 for the 7yr/80K, without the 'buyback' option. Looking at these forums, though, I probably could have done a bit better, but at least I don't feel like I've been ripped off too badly.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fatman
Thanks

However, I think I could have done better on the extended warranty. The initial deal the finance guy proposed was $1850 for 7yr/80K, and $2150 for 8yr/100K. He said that it retailed for $2850 and ~$3250, respectively, which of course is crazy. He also told me that I could not purchase it later.

I ended up talking him down to $1000 for the 7yr/80K, without the 'buyback' option. Looking at these forums, though, I probably could have done a bit better, but at least I don't feel like I've been ripped off too badly.
I think everyone did the best they could in the area they were in, with the financing and the extras and price. Every single area is different. Even with a couple dealerships owned by the SAME people, the prices are different in the locations. Because one has a higher demand, and they aren't as willing to deal. They get more traffic. In some areas car dealers know they can sell for the max price, with high dealer markups.

The same could be said for just about any other consumer product. We could compare prices on baked beans in a can, and depending on where we are, what stores carry it, that will determine the price. Right?

You might pay .50 cents and I might pay 1.50 for the identical product. A product in high demand in one area can hold a higher price. In low demand areas, it might not be possible to give them away at cost.

I'm just really glad I don't have to wheel and deal for a can of baked beans.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, Just got my 09 Sport in Black today. Only a few miles so far but I love the new features over the 08.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
Hey guys, just picked up a Blue Sensation Fit Sport AT for $16,879+TTL. Just a little bit below invoice.
First new car purchase...Great car!

Now its time to say a farewell to my beloved Acura Integra :'(

Old 12-23-2008, 11:02 PM
I got mine last Friday (12/19), but there's some issues with the financing.

I bought my 09 Fit Sport and I been approved by Honda Finance @ Woodland Hills, CA. I signed everything, put $500 immediately and another check for $1000 that will be on hold for two weeks. I thought the deal is done and final, but two days later I get a call at work from my finance guy requesting an additional down payment or a co-signer.

I told him I will put another $1000 and to give me another two weeks. He agreed and told me everything should be fine.

I really hope the Honda Review guy call me because I will give them the lowest score for the hassle they caused me. I should at least be compensated for this sudden change in the agreement.

What do you guys think? Should I threaten them that I will give them the lowest score or tell them I wont be shopping there anymore.

Love the my fit though and I would feel like shit if I return it.

Sorry for the long post, but I just needed to rant.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:57 AM
Just got a silver Fit Sport as a daily! As of now, it has around 35 miles on it.
Now for some performance parts! If any are even out for the new ones yet...

Old 12-24-2008, 06:19 AM
Originally Posted by OEMfit

[pretty picture]

I bought my 09 Fit Sport and I been approved by Honda Finance @ Woodland Hills, CA. I signed everything, put $500 immediately and another check for $1000 that will be on hold for two weeks. I thought the deal is done and final, but two days later I get a call at work from my finance guy requesting an additional down payment or a co-signer.

I told him I will put another $1000 and to give me another two weeks. He agreed and told me everything should be fine.

I really hope the Honda Review guy call me because I will give them the lowest score for the hassle they caused me. I should at least be compensated for this sudden change in the agreement.

What do you guys think? Should I threaten them that I will give them the lowest score or tell them I wont be shopping there anymore.

Yeah, I would let them know that you plan to nail them on the survey - you can phrase it like "You know, I'm glad to have my Fit, but after all this hassle I'd like ______ in order to give you the highest score possible on the survey." I've pulled that one a couple of times and it's worked nicely. I don't know if all honda dealerships work the same, but the survey seems to be a huge part of their commission somehow.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member

]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3215/3123418209_f02c569c1b.jpg[/IMG]

Hate to say it but, you should have saved up a little more down payment. Can't really blame the dealer with only $500 down unless you have a very high credit score or lots of assets. .
California has no cooling off period. I don't think you can return it once you drive it off of the lot.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by 09 Fit
Hate to say it but, you should have saved up a little more down payment. Can't really blame the dealer with only $500 down unless you have a very high credit score or lots of assets. .
California has no cooling off period. I don't think you can return it once y ou drive it off of the lot.
Actually, I put $1500 down and then a few days later the finance guy called if I can put another down. I told him I'll give him another $1000 in two weeks, so the total down is now $2500.

I thought the deal is done and signed, but this shit pisses me off that I have to come up with another grand.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Actually, I put $1500 down and then a few days later the finance guy called if I can put another down. I told him I'll give him another $1000 in two weeks, so the total down is now $2500.

I thought the deal is done and signed, but this shit pisses me off that I have to come up with another grand.

I would think that you have already signed a contract, to which both parties agreed, and that should be binding. They can't unilaterally change the terms on you after the fact. It may be worth a brief consult with a lawyer, or, if available some local Legal Aid society.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by jelliotlevy

I would think that you have already signed a contract, to which both parties agreed, and that should be binding. They can't unilaterally change the terms on you after the fact. It may be worth a brief consult with a lawyer, or, if available some local Legal Aid society.
The same time actually happened to my brother, but it was at a different dealer. That bastard @ finance better give me the updated contract and paperwork.

What do you guys think I should request for compensation because I plan to threaten them with the lowest score. Whats fair from my list?

Here's a list:

Floor mats
Cargo cover
Fit Car cover
Sport Grille
Window Visor

Last edited by OEMfit; 12-24-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
'09 White Sport MT on 12/9/08, got it for $16, 000 before tax + registration. No down.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
The same time actually happened to my brother, but it was at a different dealer. That bastard @ finance better give me the updated contract and paperwork.

What do you guys think I should request for compensation because I plan to threaten them with the lowest score. Whats fair from my list?

Here's a list:

Floor mats
Cargo cover
Fit Car cover
Sport Grille
Window Visor
I think you better read the RipOff report:
Rip-off Report: PARAGON ACURA HONDA Financing Ripoff and the Worst service department ever!! Woodside New York

As well as contacting Honda Finance directly...NOW:
https://www.hondafinancialservices.com/

Quick Reply: Check in if you bought a fit 08 or 09 in the last 30 days.