2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

brake pedal issue? advice needed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
brake pedal issue? advice needed!

Hey guys,

So I was at a stop sign waiting, slight decline, and when I lifted off the pedal the car didnt crawl forward.....i immediately felt something was off and sure enough, the pedal was still where I left it.

I pressed on it and it came back up and I believe I heard a noise in the rear of the car, though it could have been my imagination.

This has happened about 4 times, in each time it was in a parking lot or similar situation.....I replaced my brakes and rotors last week and with the exception of my right caliper needing the slide pins lubed nothing seemed odd.

I may open up the drums to check them but does anyone have any suggestions on things to check?

thanks!

Old 08-28-2015, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Santiad
Hey guys,

So I was at a stop sign waiting, slight decline, and when I lifted off the pedal the car didnt crawl forward.....i immediately felt something was off and sure enough, the pedal was still where I left it.

I pressed on it and it came back up and I believe I heard a noise in the rear of the car, though it could have been my imagination.

This has happened about 4 times, in each time it was in a parking lot or similar situation.....I replaced my brakes and rotors last week and with the exception of my right caliper needing the slide pins lubed nothing seemed odd.

I may open up the drums to check them but does anyone have any suggestions on things to check?

thanks!
I would check pads & shoes for movement to be sure but i think a spring brings the pedal back, I would check that too. Just a guess. Good luck