2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit is possessed! need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Fit is possessed! need help!

Well....got the fit paid off this year and now it wreaking havok! Had to replace the neutral safety switch, then the power steering computer and now this.....
It started this last Sunday when the check engine light came on. It seemed to still be running ok so I figured I'd take it to my mechanic buddy this week and see what was up. When I stopped the car once that day and got out and hit the key lock button but it didn't seem to do anything but I hit it a couple more times and it worked. I thought that was odd...nothing else happened that day. The next day the engine light was off. I told my wife I would get it by sometime this week to my buddy. Yesterday morning my wife was on her way to work and stopped by the bank. Got out and the button key lock wouldn't work. Go back in and there was no power at all. No ding. No nothing. She went in and dI'd her business and when she came back out it was just fine. She drove it to work and after lunch she took it to my buddy's shop. He said there were no codes,battery was fine, alternator was fine and cleaned the battery ground on both ends but he said he couldn't find anything wrong. Drove fine the rest of the day. This morning I got it it and it started right up. While sitting there the radio completely lost power and came right back on. I thought that was weird so I shut the engine off. Now I have no power anywhere!
Any help at all?

Old 08-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Got it fixed! Turned the key to on position and shifted the battery. It started dinging....so I decided to remove the battery and check all the connections. When I loosened the positive side of the battery the connector from the post to the doomahicky fell off in two pieces. The battery must have been loose enough to shift it while running and wore it into.
At least I'm 99.9% sure that is what it was. It's starting fine now so only time will tell.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator
had a similar issue to u on going for the last few months started over the winter. at first i thought it was the cold and my dinky little battery couldn't fight it. replaced it with a bigger battery. everything was well for 2-3 months and problem started again. even jumping it was intermittent. if i jumped it with the jumper cables to the battery positive and negative, it would intermittently start. with the jumper cable negative to the body it would start no problems. found out my battery ground cable end that goes to the body is frayed and is probably shorting out. fixed the connection and tightened everything up and now everything works beautifully again. glad you found your problem.