2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New Fit New Honda owner!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 03:35 AM
New Fit New Honda owner!

Hey ladies and gents. Names Donald, living in Chicago. I just bought my first Honda ever and it happens to be a 2011 Blue Fit sport. I'm coming from a 93 dodge Dakota ha. She was my first vehicle and had her for around 10 years. Had to move on.

I got the fit manly to save money on gas. Obviously a truck wasn't the best option. I'm not automotive savy and will probably ask alot of questions. So please bare with me. .

Anyways. I guess my main questions are as follow:

No offense to anyone but I've noticed online looking through pictures on social medias and driving seeing other drivers that the fit is more owned by females? Not that that's a bad thing. But was curious, without getting overly expensive and crazy. Is there some modifications and just simple things to add on to make it a little more beefed up or manly looking?

Thanks everyone! So far I love the car!

Old 02-09-2015, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Congrats!

Welome to the "Club"! Great to see another BLUE Fit owner! Now, make my day and tell me it's also a manual, LOL!! And as has been said before:
BTW: I Still own 4 Dodges!!

Old 02-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Welcome!

Here in AZ, I feel like I see more dudes and older women driving fits. It may just be your area.

I feel like the sport is more manly and boxy, so that may be a start?

Also depends on what you like too!

Old 02-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Hey guys!!

It's not that I don't think its manly, but I wouldn't mind making it look a little more manly lol. I love it so far!! Her name is Raven. Lol here's a photo. If there is another way to upload the pics let me know. I'm on my phone so I didn't really see any other way. Thanks!!

Btw the old lady part! Lol I just saw a 60 year old asian co worker with the same car lol.

And I'm pretty sure this is the sport. Like I said I'm not vehicle savy :.(. But based on what the Honda site that I saw it from it said it was a sport. But I haven't had a chance to look at the manual.

Name:  image_zpsd93edffe.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  110.5 KB

Name:  image_zpsf296cb26.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  96.5 KB

Name:  image_zps91fafdff.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  108.4 KB

Name:  image_zps3cea1611.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  95.0 KB

Name:  image_zps01018210.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  104.6 KB

Last edited by Movieguy12; 02-09-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Movieguy12
Hey ladies and gents. Names Donald, living in Chicago. I just bought my first Honda ever and it happens to be a 2011 Blue Fit sport. I'm coming from a 93 dodge Dakota ha. She was my first vehicle and had her for around 10 years. Had to move on.

I got the fit manly to save money on gas. Obviously a truck wasn't the best option. I'm not automotive savy and will probably ask alot of questions. So please bare with me. .

Anyways. I guess my main questions are as follow:

No offense to anyone but I've noticed online looking through pictures on social medias and driving seeing other drivers that the fit is more owned by females? Not that that's a bad thing. But was curious, without getting overly expensive and crazy. Is there some modifications and just simple things to add on to make it a little more beefed up or manly looking?

Thanks everyone! So far I love the car!

Excellent color choice. I would suggest start by getting a nice set of rims first. Tint the windows and purchase the spoiler brackets from tfc_d0kta on Instagram. Also add a cold air intake for a little more hp. I also like the mugen rear bumper for that model.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by wslakersfan
Excellent color choice. I would suggest start by getting a nice set of rims first. Tint the windows and purchase the spoiler brackets from tfc_d0kta on Instagram. Also add a cold air intake for a little more hp. I also like the mugen rear bumper for that model.
I'll look into that!!

Would the cool air intake affect the mpg ? My main reasoning for this was to save on gas lol.

Also I think psychically I'm looking to beef it up or make it look more sleek.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator
cool air intake will lower your mpgs. people prefer warmer air when it comes to increasing mpg+. seeing you live in chicago, i think its cold enough there =)

Old 02-23-2015, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
I see all kinds of folks driving base, sports, new, 1st gen...
I know they all love nimbleness and economy like me.
I have visors on my 09 SSM sport 5MT and don't give a rip if I look "manly" driving my 95yo mom around for her thrill of the day.
YMMV

Oh yeah -- welcome to Fitdom ;-)

Old 02-23-2015, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome and great color. Of course, I'm a little biased.

As far as the manliness factor goes, I wasn't too concerned. I'm secure on that front.

Coming from a Dodge Mega Cab, I smile every time I stop at the pumps and put in $20 to fill her up. In the Dodge, I had to put in $20 just to get to the next station. I did chuckle to myself the other day when I filled up. There was a guy filling up his Dodge Mega Cab at the pump beside me. He was already filling up when I stopped and he was still filling up when I left.

Last edited by p220sigman; 02-24-2015 at 07:08 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:41 AM
Welcome! Nice looking car.

My wife and I share out 2010 Fit Sport, Orange Revolution Metallic color. As a married guy with a kid on the way, not looking masculine enough isn't something I necessarily worry about anymore. I actually suggested the car and color because it is small with a lot of storage and great gas mileage. I wanted the orange to stand out a bit, but lo and behold I think there is somebody else in my town with the exact same color. Oh well.

I haven't done any exterior mods yet but am considering some tinting. Inside, I got a satellite radio installed and added some Weathertech floor mats.

Fit owners come in all ages. Sometimes we like to give each other a little wave to acknowledge our similar tastes. I also love to check out new models when I seem them "in the wild".

Old 02-24-2015, 10:12 PM
Welcome. That was a good choice.. Enjoy your new ride..

Old 02-26-2015, 09:55 AM
Welcome! Congrats!

Old 03-13-2015, 01:15 PM
2012 Blue Fit Sort

Originally Posted by fittmann
Welome to the "Club"! Great to see another BLUE Fit owner! Now, make my day and tell me it's also a manual, LOL!! And as has been said before:
BTW: I Still own 4 Dodges!!
I just picked up my fist one too! So far, I love it. 2012 Fit Sport, 5-Speed Manual here.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  Fit_zpsnlsobgjw.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  52.3 KB