2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 02:52 AM
Please help

Need help trying to figure out what's wrong after I had some one hit me in the drivers door and after I got it fixed. My windshield wipers just turn on automatically and just move really slow and if I turn the temperature then they would go faster, when I turn on the turn signal It would just come on and stay on for few minutes then turn off just the left one the right one works good, and my light is all messed up my left tail light works fine but the right one the top part is on for break light, seems like something is wrong with the switches on the steering wheel or something is shorting out but I checked all wiring and they seem okay can someone please help. Some one told me that it could be the sprint coil on steering wheel but how do I check it cuz it sounds like something is clicking there.

Last edited by Nikolay19; 12-09-2014 at 03:02 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
Nikolay (k elektriku nado otvezti, nado vse proveryat' sistematicheski i po shemam. Sudya po vashim voprosam, vy ne ochen' znakomy s takoi diagnostikoi, po etomu rekomenduu otvezti mashinu k elektriku),

Sorry if you don't speak Russian, i said that it sounds like you would be better off taking it to a professional mechanic that can do diagnosis of electrical problems. The schematics and wiring diagrams might need to be used to check for continuity and power of the switches and circuits. If you are not familiar with how to do that, I doubt advice on the form would help, hence the recommendation to have it checked by someone else.
Good luck.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:25 AM
I might venture to guess that perhaps the wiring harness got chafed or crushed in the collision. If I were to try to troubleshoot this myself, I would start by looking at the areas that were affected, pulling the interior trim bits off and inspecting the wires for damaged insulation or other similar problems. It may be easier to track it down that way than to try to figure out what's going on from the electrical schematics. (The diagrams could maybe tell you what circuits are affected, but you still then have to trace the wires to find where things are going wrong.)

Old 12-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Why don't you take it to the shop that did the shoddy repair and insist they fix it? It
should have been fixed before they released it to you.

Clifton

Old 12-17-2014, 12:51 AM
Thanx guys for help, really appreciate it. I figured it out it was a ground issue my ground wire for windshield wiper thats located in the front left under the bumper cover was disconnected. Connected it back and it works like a champ. Hope it can help someone else if they have this problem.