2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

A couple questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 11:40 PM
Question A couple questions...

Just bought a 2013 used Fit, silver MT base model. I have a couple questions that I haven't seen addressed after poking around a bit on the board and internet. I run 99% in a backseat-down configuration for animal rescue/trapping and transportation, and hauling of food, crates, litter, etc.

- is there a commercially available cargo liner that will cover the entire back area, including the top of the rear seats when they are down? Right now I overlap several large mats from my last vehicle.

- I can't tell from looking at floor mat photos - do the Husky mats go under the gas, brake and clutch pedals? Or do they go over and actually cover the pedals? I'm often in mud and muck, snow, etc.
Amazon.com: Husky Liners Custom Fit WeatherBeater Molded Front and Second Seat Floor Liner for Select Honda Models (Black): Automotive Amazon.com: Husky Liners Custom Fit WeatherBeater Molded Front and Second Seat Floor Liner for Select Honda Models (Black): Automotive

- is there a way to get my phone to charge while the car is off? And when the car is on, to get my phone to charge faster than it's draining? Sometimes I am out trapping all night in areas with poor signal, yet need to keep the phone on for safety and coordinating stuff. Cycling the car on and off can scare off the animal I'm trying to trap. (plan B is to buy a high capacity power bank)

- I have not been able to find anyone that makes a customizable rear window see-thru decal that covers the Fit's whole back window. Obviously there are rectangular ones, but I wanted to use all the window space to promote the rescue. Suggestions?

- what is the ideal shape/size and placement for stick-on convex mirrors, placed on the existing door mirrors to reduce blind spots? There are many types for sale on Amazon.

Thanks in advance. I have already learned a lot here. I am going to install new Eclipse sun shades tomorrow, and have ordered the back bumper applique. Maybe one day I can buy a center console.

KG

Last edited by KGFit; 08-22-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:50 AM
for phone charging, the adapter will list amps. get above 1.5 amps. common is 2.1

Getting it on will require running a fused power wire from battery and cutting the plug.
You can avoid this by simply adding an additional power socket and mounting it where you choose.

There are no available mats that cover cargo area plus back seats in one piece.

The front floor mats do not cover the pedals, that would obviously be a severe safety issue. Some of the mats do go high behind the pedals, so crusty feet wont ever touch the carpet. No idea of brands, I have simply seen a few pictures of such on this site.

Mirrors for reducing blindspots are usually place on bottom outer edge of glass. Usually the small dome shaped ones.

Factory battery is not regarded as reliable in times where you need the car not running, yet grabbing power from battery. Some users on here report no problems, quite a few say its died after a few years.

I managed to make a 26R battery fit in my car. I do NOT have the factory air intake. I skimmed the plastic off the bottom of the positive terminal block to make it work. Keeping stock intake? you can fit a typical civic style 51R under hood. again, skim the bottom of the terminal block to remove the "L" shape wire guides, and it clamps onto normal battery terminals just fine.

Alternative is to run some nice quality 8 or 4 gauge wiring to the back cargo area and run an additional battery tucked into the corner. Use fuses, one at front batterty, another fuse at rear battery. Safety to prevent possible electrical-caused fire. Ground second battery to rear seat mount or rear seat latch hoops