2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

AmsoilByPass Filter Install: how to mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 02:50 PM
AmsoilByPass Filter Install: how to mount?

Has anyone actually ever done this with a (2nd Generation, GE '08-'13) Honda Fit? Not just considered or thought about it but actually tried to do it, successful or not. And how did you mount it, access and return the oil, route the hoses, and what did you use for hose and connectors? Even the smallest one is pretty big and I have tried to search the forums but no success.

No matter how good the oil, if there is hard abrasive grit in there, it will cause metal wear so I am interested in removing the particles too small for the main oil filter to catch.

Thanks.

Last edited by Oneoldphlaytis; 06-24-2014 at 10:54 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 05-17-2015, 08:45 AM
ANYBODY out there ever done this?

I am still interested in an Amsoil Bypass Filter Installation for my 2nd gen Fit, and it has been a long time since I posted this, but still no replies.

I found this statement by Blackstone Labs that does mail in used motor oil analysis:

"After having run many tens of thousands of diesel engine oil samples, it is our opinion that a by-pass oil filtration system is one of the most important factors in extending oil drains. If you are interested in extended oil drains, we suggest you investigate adding this type of system to your engine."

Apparently bypass filter use on big rigs is not that uncommon. They put on a zillion miles and oil changes for those big engines is really costly.

Even better than a "bypass filter" is a "bypass CENTRIFUGE"! They provide and even more thorough removal of even smaller particles. But the cost (and size), at least for the Fit, is prohibitive.

So if you have advice based on real experience with an Amsoil Bypass Filter install on a Fit, then I would love to hear it.

Thanks.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:47 AM
p.s.
link to the Blackstone quote:

By-Pass Oil Filtration