2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Car is two months old... already 3 dents/dings on the door!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Angry Car is two months old... already 3 dents/dings on the door!

So I bought a brand new Fit Sport for my fiance who parks it at the metro station to take the train into DC... apparently those who park there have no respect for other people's cars because she now has 2 door dings on the driver's side on both doors. She caused the third dent which I'm not happy about either. My question is does anyone know of a good body shop around Arlington, VA? I am OCD about these things so everytime I see the car it drives me crazy. The messed up part was I had bought the side moldings to protect it from dings but it has been too cold to install them. I'm really considering installing motion sensor cameras on the car as well... any recommendations?

Old 03-25-2014, 12:11 PM
My Fit was about 3 days off the dealership before it got dinged and scratched If you park it in public lots this is going to happen unless you're strategic about your parking. Even with the side moldings it may happen, lots of cars have pointed doors or different heights that will miss the molding.

1. Park in an end stall where the curb is on your passenger side. It is less likely there will be a passenger to ding your car, there will always be a driver

2. Don't park next to beaters if at all possible

3. Avoid parking next to coupes. Longer doors = more chance of dings. Especially big American coupes with big, long, heavy doors.

4. Park all the way in the back far away from everyone

Even then, it's still going to happen. I'm sure there's paintless dent repair places around you that might be able to help, they're generally inexpensive.

I know it's not your car but maybe you can show your fiance my parking rules if the dings bother her too. If not, just let it go. I haven't gotten any dings since I started paying attention to where I park. I shouldn't have said that though because i'm sure i'll get one tomorrow now. Good luck!

Old 03-25-2014, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
My Fit was about 3 days off the dealership before it got dinged and scratched If you park it in public lots this is going to happen unless you're strategic about your parking. Even with the side moldings it may happen, lots of cars have pointed doors or different heights that will miss the molding.

1. Park in an end stall where the curb is on your passenger side. It is less likely there will be a passenger to ding your car, there will always be a driver

2. Don't park next to beaters if at all possible

3. Avoid parking next to coupes. Longer doors = more chance of dings. Especially big American coupes with big, long, heavy doors.

4. Park all the way in the back far away from everyone

Even then, it's still going to happen. I'm sure there's paintless dent repair places around you that might be able to help, they're generally inexpensive.

I know it's not your car but maybe you can show your fiance my parking rules if the dings bother her too. If not, just let it go. I haven't gotten any dings since I started paying attention to where I park. I shouldn't have said that though because i'm sure i'll get one tomorrow now. Good luck!
Trust me I went over that with my fiance but she says that the lot is always packed so it's hard to find a good space. I have a 2004 4runner limited that is in really good condition and it's because I abide by the rules you stated above. It does irk me that she doesn't seem to care as much about it... but what can you do. Have to keep the future wife happy.

Last edited by jy1129; 03-25-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Hey man I totally feel you on that. I used to get annoyed every time my wife scratched, dinged, ran into something, whatever, but you know what, it's her car, it's out of your control, you've just got to let it go. I know it's annoying because you bought it for her and it's brand new and you thought she'd take better care of it and care more. Did she ask you to fix it or do you want to fix it?

Lord, give me the strength to accept things I cannot change...

Old 03-25-2014, 04:29 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
PDR is your friend op. check dentwizard.com for your nearest store. most dealers have pdr techs come in to fix dings on used cars and customer cars. it's really no biggie. GL

Old 03-25-2014, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
She said she wants it fixed eventually, but I think it's because she knows how much it bothers me. Once we move in together she'll be closer to the metro station so I'll be using the Fit to commute to work.

Thanks for the info about PDR, I'll look into it. Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg...