2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:04 AM
Nice pics

Hii Brenda

Can u send me pics of cars

kevin Smith

Pennsylvania Drug Addiction

Old 08-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Aviator902S
Do you know if the LX comes with power windows, air-conditioning and cruise? If not, are any of these available as options on the LX?
Yes, yes and yes. The LX in Canada is kind of a mix of the base and Sport in the US. The only things it doesn't have (vs. the Sport) is: body kit (but does have rear spoiler now), chrome exhaust, fancier audio system, USB plug, leather steering wheel, security system (optional in LX), fog lights, tinted chrome bezel headlights (vs. dark grey bezels in LX), and 16" alloy wheels (vs. 15" alloy wheels in LX). The LX has everything else: power mirrors (heated), power doors, keyless entry, power windows, driver armrest, 15" alloy wheels, dead peda, telescoping steering wheel, map lights, passenger vanity mirros, AC, cruise control......

Old 08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Pirelli P Zero
Anyway, perhaps a "No stand-alone VSA option sux!!" thread should be started separately from here.
Ya that's a good idea. I'm an infant in forums and bloggerdom otherwise i would set that up....someone?

Lets get ready to hear about the '09 test drive posts that will inevitably flood the next dozen pages or so when the '09 is officially released tomorrow (Tuesday, 26th).

I'm hoping to be able to get a chance to drive one tomorrow and if so, will post the results, at least in my view. Looking forward to reading everyone else's posts on the subject as well!

Last edited by '09FITFORME; 08-25-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by '09FITFORME
Ya that's a good idea. I'm an infant in forums and bloggerdom otherwise i would set that up....someone?

Lets get ready to hear about the '09 test drive posts that will inevitably flood the next dozen pages or so when the '09 is officially released tomorrow (Tuesday, 26th).

I'm hoping to be able to get a chance to drive one tomorrow and if so, will post the results, at least in my view. Looking forward to reading everyone else's posts on the subject as well!
Where? The 4 dealers here don't have one. They don't even have a picture of one.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BobbyK
Where? The 4 dealers here don't have one. They don't even have a picture of one.
I think he is talking about the official date Honda announced, which I really don't see happening except in a select few areas... Where did Honda hold the press test drives again? My guess is that area will have some Fits soon.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:21 PM
My assumption is that since the cars come from japan, that the west coast areas will be the first to see the car. It'll take an extra week or 2 to get them to us midwest/easterners.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by truth
My assumption is that since the cars come from japan, that the west coast areas will be the first to see the car. It'll take an extra week or 2 to get them to us midwest/easterners.
I know my dealer had told me before they moved the date up he would have em mid September... so I'm still aiming for there. Though due to financial reasons I will be probably waiting til later in the year to buy mine... I also don't want to be one of the first buyers in case of major issues (which I really don't anticipate).

Old 08-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by BobbyK
After reading the official Honda release I called my dealer and he said confidantly and without having to "check on it" that they are getting the first Fit (for test drive only) on the 26th. If that is true I'm sure Japan had a certain number made for that purpose a month or so ago and the dealers probably got them already...but can't unveil on the lot until the Honda release date. Similar to the auto reviewers who had driven the Fit and already written the reviews within the last month or so and weren't allowed to release them until just last week. I guess we'll see tomorrow!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Smile

Looks like the 2009 FiT has landed in Vancouver Canada!! I work very close to Richmond Honda and saw those trucks hauling 2 brand new '09 FiTs, one grey and one black... unfortunately I didnt have a camera on me sigh* but I can tell y'all its a very nice looking car... I am excited to see it up close and test drive one... can't wait!!!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by ScOeDeLiC
Looks like the 2009 FiT has landed in Vancouver Canada!! I work very close to Richmond Honda and saw those trucks hauling 2 brand new '09 FiTs, one grey and one black... unfortunately I didnt have a camera on me sigh* but I can tell y'all its a very nice looking car... I am excited to see it up close and test drive one... can't wait!!!
Call in sick tomorrow, go take some pictures.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Talked to my dealer over the phone today, they will be giving me a call probaly later this week when there shipment arrives
Cant wait to sit in, and drive one.
Ill make sure to take plenty of vids and pics.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by TOOL
Talked to my dealer over the phone today, they will be giving me a call probaly later this week when there shipment arrives
Cant wait to sit in, and drive one.
Ill make sure to take plenty of vids and pics.
Sweet

Old 08-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Yes, yes and yes. The LX in Canada is kind of a mix of the base and Sport in the US. The only things it doesn't have (vs. the Sport) is: body kit (but does have rear spoiler now), chrome exhaust, fancier audio system, USB plug, leather steering wheel, security system (optional in LX), fog lights, tinted chrome bezel headlights (vs. dark grey bezels in LX), and 16" alloy wheels (vs. 15" alloy wheels in LX). The LX has everything else: power mirrors (heated), power doors, keyless entry, power windows, driver armrest, 15" alloy wheels, dead peda, telescoping steering wheel, map lights, passenger vanity mirros, AC, cruise control......
would you also happen to know the standard features of the Canadian DX model as well? thanks!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Only info I have for Canada was a news release issued last week:

"TORONTO, Aug. 20 /CNW/ - The all-new 2009 Honda Fit, set to go on sale across Canada on September 15 with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $14,980, is designed to further its leadership in the subcompact segment with top-of-class fuel economy, feature content, safety and interior functionality. It features an enhanced sporty demeanor to increase its fun-to-drive character through a more powerful engine and improved suspension, steering and body rigidity.

"The new Fit is designed to raise the bar in the Canadian subcompact market by taking what is already great about the Fit and making it even better with an increased fuel efficiency, safety and fun-to-drive character," said Jerry Chenkin, executive vice president of Honda Canada Inc.

"With the recent rise in fuel costs, the fuel-efficient Fit is the ideal vehicle for Canadians looking for lower fuel costs partnered with high value and class-leading functionality."

A new, more powerful 117-horsepower, 1.5-litre i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine enhances the Fit's high-revving, fun-to-drive character while offering improved fuel economy over the previous Fit. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard, and a segment-unique 5-speed automatic transmission is available. Estimated fuel economy is 7.2 L/100 km (city) and 5.7 L/100 km (highway) with the standard manual transmission. The estimated fuel economy for Fit with the optional 5-speed automatic transmission is 7.1 L/100 km (city) and 5.5 L/100 km (highway).

The Fit is designed to lead the subcompact segment with a quality feel and a multi-functional interior. It has become more refined for 2009 with a sportier demeanor through improved suspension, steering and body-rigidity enhancements; an improved rear Magic Seat(R); and a high level of standard safety equipment, including the addition of the Advanced Compatibility Engineering(TM) (ACE(TM)) body structure for enhanced crash protection and front seat active head restraints.

The interior provides surprisingly large passenger volume with 2,572 litres and class-leading cargo space of 1,622 litres to maximize passenger comfort and utility. At the foundation is an improved rear Magic Seat(R), now featuring one-motion dive-down functionality, which allows the rear seat to fold flat with the front seats in the rear-most slide position and without removing the rear head restraints. The seats offer multiple seating and cargo-carrying configurations. A new hidden storage bin under the driver's side rear seat provides a secure place to store small items.

The 2009 Fit comes with standard amenities such as power windows, power mirrors, AM/FM/CD audio system with MP3/WMA playback capability and Radio Data System (RDS). Other standard features include, auxiliary audio input jack, tilt and telescopic steering column, Maintenance Minder and fuel consumption display showing current and average fuel consumption to help drivers drive more economically.

The Fit LX adds standard air conditioning, power door locks, keyless remote entry, heated mirrors, rear roofline spoiler, driver side armrest and cruise control.

In addition to the above features, Fit Sport adds a 6-speaker audio system with 5-mode equalizer, USB audio interface compatible with current generation iPods(R) and numerous USB storage devices, leather-wrapped steering wheel, security system, fog lights, 16" alloy wheels, chrome exhaust finisher and underbody aero kit.

Larger 15-inch wheels (16-inch on Fit Sport) hint at enhancements to the Fit's suspension, steering and body rigidity, which are designed to produce sportier handling without sacrificing comfort. Front MacPherson strut suspension and torsion beam rear suspension settings are tuned to provide a sporty and dynamic driving experience.

The 2009 Fit adds Honda's Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE(TM)) body structure technology and front seat active head restraints to a top-of-class list of standard safety features. Dual-stage, dual-threshold front airbags, dual front-side airbags with passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS) and side-curtain airbags are standard equipment on all Fit models, as well as anti-lock braking (ABS) with electronic brake distribution for increased braking performance. All seating positions have three-point seat belts. Additionally, front and rear visibility has been improved.

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Pricing (MSRP) for the new 2009 Honda Fit models is:
$14,980 - DX (5-speed manual transmission)
$16,180 - DX (5-speed automatic transmission)
$16,280 - DX-A (5-speed manual transmission)
$17,480 - DX-A (5-speed automatic transmission)
$17,380 - LX (5-speed manual transmission)
$18,580 - LX (5-speed automatic transmission)
$19,280 - Sport (5-speed manual transmission)
$20,480 - Sport (5-speed automatic transmission)"

I THINK that DX-A means DX plus AC....

Old 08-26-2008, 12:12 PM
'09 Fit not at my dealership yet!

So, to follow up on my last post, i called my dealership today to see if they had the demo Fit yet....and they DON'T! They said they should be getting it in today...they're waiting for it, anyway. I talked to a guy who promised to call me as soon as it got in...he still expects it to come in today sometime....we'll see. Hopefully it will be there when I get off work and I'll go straight there...monopolize that shi*. If you can't tell, I'm getting kind of antsy. My car is about to sell and I won't have anything to drive until my Fit gets here in 3-5 weeks!

Old 08-26-2008, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
My car is about to sell and I won't have anything to drive until my Fit gets here in 3-5 weeks!
I am in the same boat. It sucks. I have to borrow my niece's car until I get mine. It's been 1 month and 20 days, and I still have at least that far to go.

I am counting the days.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:10 PM
'09 Fit Is In!!!!

My dealer just called me back and they just got the Fit off the truck. I have an appointment to drive it right when i get off work at 5:45pm mountain standard time. I will be the first to drive it they said as the car won't be prepped and ready to test drive until just before i get there. I don't have a digital camera with me but I'll try to borrow one from someone at work. I'll update the results tonight!

Old 08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Nice. I called my local dealer today (Jeff Wyler Honda of Florence, KY) and they won't have any fits until mid September. They said there probably won't be any demos either.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Nice. I called my local dealer today (Jeff Wyler Honda of Florence, KY) and they won't have any fits until mid September. They said there probably won't be any demos either.
That sucks...i wonder if they're just ill-informed. It would make sense that they would at least get a demo sometime in the next couple weeks. Check a bigger dealer maybe.

Anyway, i got a camera for the test-drive tonight. Any picture requests other than the same stuff we've seen a million times? I can't think of much. I don't know if the one they got has the nav or not. Hopefully not, i would rather see some up close shots of the regular dash. I'm clearly bored at work right now, when all i'm thinking of is what pictures i should take.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
That sucks...i wonder if they're just ill-informed. It would make sense that they would at least get a demo sometime in the next couple weeks. Check a bigger dealer maybe.

Anyway, i got a camera for the test-drive tonight. Any picture requests other than the same stuff we've seen a million times? I can't think of much. I don't know if the one they got has the nav or not. Hopefully not, i would rather see some up close shots of the regular dash. I'm clearly bored at work right now, when all i'm thinking of is what pictures i should take.
If you get this, see if the seats will fit into refresh mode. You'll have to probably scoot the front passenger seat all the way up, take off the headrest, and try to lay it down.

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit