2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 10:45 AM
hey guys I was browsing the mugen power page and the body of this car looks really similar to that concept car you guys posted, it's listed as the honda EDIX which if this isnt a VAN is most likely the redesigned fit.

http://www.mugen-power.com/street/ed...ion/index.html

Old 11-30-2006, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 137
hey guys I was browsing the mugen power page and the body of this car looks really similar to that concept car you guys posted, it's listed as the honda EDIX which if this isnt a VAN is most likely the redesigned fit.

http://www.mugen-power.com/street/ed...ion/index.html
The Edix is a larger car. I wish they would bring this over to North America. They need to bring more hatches and "microvans" and less SUVs.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:48 AM
Well, here's a stupid question. And if it's been answered before, my apologies in advance. The measly 2007 import quota of Fits to NA has about dried up. The new plant which allegedly will produce 2008 Fits in Indiana doesn't start production until Fall 2007. What's Honda going to do, if anything, to fill the gap?

Last edited by ex_MGB; 12-02-2006 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by ex_MGB
Well, here's a stupid question. And if it's been answered before, my apologies in advance. The measly 2007 import quota of Fits to NA has about dried up. The new plant which allegedly will produce 2008 Fits in Indiana doesn't start production until Fall 2008. What's Honda going to do, if anything, to fill the gap?
That's the fall of 2007 not 2008

Old 12-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Frank Patrick
i shared this story with a friend of mine who is a person who is an engineer for a large Tier 1 supplier to OEMs, including Honda, does not refute this story, but added Honda has already been shipped its 08 (through) 11/08 supply, of driver/passenger airbags. they are of 07-final rev-desisgn. He indicated the if there was even the slightest chasis/frame design change, the 07 design would not be acceptable. This would give strong indication that at least 08 will the same as 07. If I where a betting person, I'd stick to the science and bet there will be no change for 08.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
They're probably going to continue with the current model in North America for one more year. A good indication of when we'll get the new version is when the new plant will go online since we already know the next gen will be built here and not imported.

So enjoy your made in Japan Fit everybody. The first year of the next gen Fit may have some minor problems because it's a new model, built in a new plant, with new employees. It's not a good combination, but I think Honda's management style and QA will keep any issues to a minimum.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
not sure if i heard it on the thread or not but could it be the mugen fit concept?

would love to convert my interior and exterior just like it!\

Old 12-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by Frank Patrick
i shared this story with a friend of mine who is a person who is an engineer
Are you implying that most engineers aren't people?

Old 12-02-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by mharrigan
That's the fall of 2007 not 2008
Thanks for the correction, I meant next Fall. So we'll be getting another quota of the old Fits from Japan? Won't the Japanese factory be changing over to the new model?

Old 12-02-2006, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ex_MGB
Thanks for the correction, I meant next Fall. So we'll be getting another quota of the old Fits from Japan? Won't the Japanese factory be changing over to the new model?
Likely, yes, that there will be two (2) iterations of the Fit running concurrently for the calendar year 2007 after the all-new Fit is released in Japan. The assembly line can handle that easily. The line where the Fit is being built right now can handle up to eight (8) different models all at the same time, so it would be a piece of cake for Honda to run both the current and next-gen Fit. There will be a change, naturally, at Suzuka, but it's not like they can only assemble one model at a time.

Old 12-03-2006, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
"I agree the new one looks soooo much better than the 07, why couldn't they wait a year and just release the new one."

Because then I would be driving an XA (nothing against the XA, I just like my Fit better and had no time to wait for a new model).

On a side note,

LB3DR
"not sure if i heard it on the thread or not but could it be the mugen fit concept?

would love to convert my interior and exterior just like it!\"

Is that an AT? If so, why is there a clutch?

All in all, I love innovation. In this day, you can never expect to have the top of the line item for to long.

Just think of what will be out when we all decide to trade in our 2007 Fit's that nobody seems to be able to find. Next year is next year, look about ten years from now. Buy then and a year later something better will come out.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:56 AM
A tough choice, buy the excellent current model or hold off for the next generation. Just drove a white sport in Carson city NV yesterday and came close to buying it, but the dealer was playing games and I still do not like the fact that I cannot get the sport features without the aero cladding (any one pulled this stuff off yet, have comments on how it went?). I am assuming that the 08 will give me more choices?

Old 12-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by squidmonkey
"I agree the new one looks soooo much better than the 07, why couldn't they wait a year and just release the new one."

Because then I would be driving an XA (nothing against the XA, I just like my Fit better and had no time to wait for a new model).

On a side note,

LB3DR
"not sure if i heard it on the thread or not but could it be the mugen fit concept?

All in all, I love innovation. In this day, you can never expect to have the top of the line item for to long.

Just think of what will be out when we all decide to trade in our 2007 Fit's that nobody seems to be able to find. Next year is next year, look about ten years from now. Buy then and a year later something better will come out.
Its not Mugen i belive its called the Extreme fit... its honda "what we could do if we realy wanted to but never will" concept, its all looks and no go.

Its a dead pedel not a cluch i belive.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
The Indiana plant will not turn out a car until fall of 2008.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by mharrigan
A tough choice, buy the excellent current model or hold off for the next generation. Just drove a white sport in Carson city NV yesterday and came close to buying it, but the dealer was playing games and I still do not like the fact that I cannot get the sport features without the aero cladding (any one pulled this stuff off yet, have comments on how it went?). I am assuming that the 08 will give me more choices?
i'm pretty sure if you buy the current one in sport config there will absolutely be someone willing to trade their regular skirts for yours. you two could meet up, take panels apart together, put em all back and that's that. they're only held on by screws and plastic rivets.

it doesn't matter to me if a total redesign comes in 08. i love the current fit and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jonavin
The Edix is a larger car. I wish they would bring this over to North America. They need to bring more hatches and "microvans" and less SUVs.
That thing would probably sell well here.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by squidmonkey

On a side note,

LB3DR

Quote from Honda worldwide the Edix comes with 2 engines.
And 2 tranny's, both automatic. (I think it has a deadpedal in the picture.)

The 20X is equipped with a 5-speed automatic transmission to take full advantage of the i-VTEC engine’s performance characteristics. It combines smooth acceleration with excellent fuel economy and quiet operation. Other models are equipped with a 4-speed automatic transmission that delivers torquey performance along with superior fuel economy.

http://world.honda.com/news/2004/4040707.html

Old 12-10-2006, 11:41 AM
The Fit / Jazz has been around several years...

Originally Posted by coldstorage5
Your full of crap, no way Honda sells this car for 1 yr. Plus other info would have been leaked.
No, he's not "full of crap". The Fit is not new, it's just new to the United States. It's actually overdue for a facelift.

Old 12-10-2006, 02:48 PM
now does anyone think that the current model Fits will have any minor changes between 2007 and 2008, granted there won't be a full model change.

maybe fix anything that was deficient in the '07 model?

now that i'm getting closer to getting one, i wonder whether there will be any.

is this not a possibility with Honda?

Old 12-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by arsonall
now does anyone think that the current model Fits will have any minor changes between 2007 and 2008, granted there won't be a full model change.

maybe fix anything that was deficient in the '07 model?

now that i'm getting closer to getting one, i wonder whether there will be any.

is this not a possibility with Honda?
Im going to have to say no. but hey ive been wrong before.

Usaly if theres a new model coming out for next year, we would have seen a Concept by now to gauge intrest. i wonder why honda is keeping it so quiet.

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit