2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Skytraveler
Call me old skool or whatever but the navi-screen is whatever to me. Not only would I rock an ipod, but for those of us that have tons and I mean tons of CDs bought and put together, I for one would like to see what the 09 looks like without the navi-system. All these pictures and you're telling me that the 09 only comes with a navi-system and not a CD player??
I am pretty sure the nav equipped Fit will have a CD player behind the screen. It is probably a DVD based nav system so the screen would have to flip down to load the DVD. That is the way it is on my Toyota 4R factory nav and I think the same on my Mom's 08 MDX.

New Jazz Interior:

BUT i don't see a center console. So the 09 has a dead pedal but no center console?
It has two little open holders on either side of the e-brake and as mentioned earlier the console in the dash. Maybe it has something to do with the new integrated armrest?

Old 05-28-2008, 01:59 AM
It's all opinion of course, but I think it would help a little if we weren't using an overexposed pic of the '07-08 dash. For those of you who don't see the point about the lack of cohesiveness in the new design, this may help illustrate the point:

Old 05-28-2008, 07:51 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the illustration Vtec. That's exactly my sentiment on the 09!

peace,

Old 05-28-2008, 09:19 AM
I think just the oposite. The knobs look perfectly placed for ease of use by the driver, a much better layout in my opinion.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:18 AM
I've got an amazing idea!!

Hear me out here, this is revolutionary!!

Here it comes....

1. If you like the 2007/2008, BUY ONE

2. If you like the 2009, BUY ONE

I know, I know, amazing concept, but try to grasp it!

Old 05-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by hiroko12
I think just the oposite. The knobs look perfectly placed for ease of use by the driver, a much better layout in my opinion.
Because they are really hard to reach in the current Fit and you really need to fiddle with the climate controls frequently while driving right?

Just my opinion but I think this is a case of change for changes sake, not to improve anything. Much like what happened to BMW a few years back when they stopped making sensible evolutionary changes and just started throwing bizarre design cues all over the place for no good reason and uglified the hell out of most of their cars.

Honda goofed on the interior of the new Civic too. The two-tiered Star Wars digital dashboard is a design abomination and the new steering wheel design is an affront to good taste. Seriously. Don't let the guy who designed the look of the Ridgeline start designing the interiors of the passenger cars. Bad idea Honda.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Deanwvu
I've got an amazing idea!!

Hear me out here, this is revolutionary!!

Here it comes....

1. If you like the 2007/2008, BUY ONE

2. If you like the 2009, BUY ONE

I know, I know, amazing concept, but try to grasp it!
Brilliant!

Old 05-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by vtec just kicked in yo
Because they are really hard to reach in the current Fit and you really need to fiddle with the climate controls frequently while driving right?

Just my opinion but I think this is a case of change for changes sake, not to improve anything. Much like what happened to BMW a few years back when they stopped making sensible evolutionary changes and just started throwing bizarre design cues all over the place for no good reason and uglified the hell out of most of their cars.

Honda goofed on the interior of the new Civic too. The two-tiered Star Wars digital dashboard is a design abomination and the new steering wheel design is an affront to good taste. Seriously. Don't let the guy who designed the look of the Ridgeline start designing the interiors of the passenger cars. Bad idea Honda.
Ok, just to make "vtec just kicked in yo" happy, everyone agree not to buy a 2009 Fit. Maybe Honda will get the hint, grind their 2009 NA Fit production lines to a halt, go back to the drawing board to redesign the Fit for the 2013 model year, and keep sending us the 2001 design through the 2012 model year. That's progress.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Not change for changes sake, the current (old model) has been out in Japan and Europe since I believe 2002. It was time for a remake. The current Fit has VTEC, the new model has IVTEC (more advanced, better MPG with more HP). Better interior materials, not as rough a ride, etc.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by vtec just kicked in yo
quick question: Do you really feel your vteck "kick in" on your Fit?

Old 05-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ProMed
it's too weak to kick lol. there is a teeny bit of mid-range pick-up in my opinion, but none of the famous high-end kick that i had originally expected.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by hiroko12
Not change for changes sake, the current (old model) has been out in Japan and Europe since I believe 2002. It was time for a remake. The current Fit has VTEC, the new model has IVTEC (more advanced, better MPG with more HP). Better interior materials, not as rough a ride, etc.
Fit was definitely overdue for a redesign after 7 years. No argument there. I think the exterior design of the new one looks awesome (especially the JDM one with the flush bumpers) and I am all for more power and i-VTEC which will no doubt flatten out the powerband and deliver better MPGs.

I just don't like the dashboard design as much as the current one, thats all I was saying guys. I think the dashboard is too funky looking. The rest looks great and I'm sure there will be lots of improvements.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:07 AM
I like the looks of the 2009 and am trying to decide between it, the new xB, and an Element SC. All quite different but neat in their own way.

Unfortunately, we won't get these packages in the U.S.

Active Plus
Honda|Honda Access|FIT|おすすめ用品

Sports Neo
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/fit/sportsneo/index.html

Luxe'ster

Last edited by The Captain; 05-29-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
it's too weak to kick lol. there is a teeny bit of mid-range pick-up in my opinion, but none of the famous high-end kick that i had originally expected.
lol are you crazy? after 6499 rpm, it hits redline so fast it's not funny!

Old 05-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by ProMed
Not sure about the automatic, but with the manual in third gear you can REALLY feel it kick in when merging into fast traffic.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by The Captain
I like the looks of the 2009 and am trying to decide between it, the new xB, and an Element SC. All quite different but neat in their own way.

Unfortunately, we won't get these packages in the U.S.

Active Plus

Sports Neo

Luxe'ster
damn, maybe pwjdm or another company will bring them over to the us. only time will tell.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by scribbie
2nd glove box, isn't it?
oh, good, I was worried that there was not going to be enough storage, esp with only 10 cup holders.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:32 PM
To me, this thing is ugly as balls...But hey! A wise man once said, "everything looks better when its lowered". Heres for hoping there are higher FI numbers with this thing

Old 05-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Though there isn't an announced release date (other than Fall '08), it looks like most speculate the release will be end of August/early September.

Can anyone speculate on when pricing will be announced?

Old 05-31-2008, 11:03 AM
This is only a guess obviously, but I would say August.

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit