2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 05:05 PM
This article should answer most of those questions, it is a good read:

2009 Honda Fit Preview | J.D. Power

As to the MPG, we don't know yet, but it should be the same as the 2008s, maybe 1 or 2 better.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:13 PM
^^^ But what is the new engine and chassis called? I want to know so I could research stuff so I could find possible fitting mods from other Hondas.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:04 AM
i heard it was still and L-series 120hp...sounds like the EM2's

Old 05-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Well I was at the shopping complex the other day, and they had one of them on display, the top-range model with semi-bucket seats, paddle shifters, etc... and I gotta say, it's really really nice. The squirelly looks of the car need some getting used to (but the front bumper for this model is much sportier than the base model's), and the rear hatch is even more vertical, which does not help the mini-minivan silhouette of the car, but those are minor gripes. Interior fit (hehe) and finish seem really top notch, climate and radio controls are in very easy reach, Honda seems to have done a really good job with this one!

We're starting to see some aftermarket stuff already too! Like LED taillights, mesh grilles and bodykits, etc...

But, I have yet to see one on the streets, which is odd, when cheap new cars are introduced here they tend to show up real fast!

Old 05-11-2008, 04:59 PM
09 LOOKS MUCH BETTER! I don't know what you been smokin!

Old 05-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hiroko12
09 LOOKS MUCH BETTER! I don't know what you been smokin!
I agree. I don't know what all this silliness is about. The 09 is so much better, in every way.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:26 PM
It seems like the 09 has alot of improvements, does anyone know how much it will cost? im assuming they will bump up the MSRP and it seems like the car will be in high demand.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Does anyone know if there are international Jazz/Fit forums that I can look at some more pictures?

Old 05-11-2008, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hotpot
It seems like the 09 has alot of improvements, does anyone know how much it will cost? im assuming they will bump up the MSRP and it seems like the car will be in high demand.
I hope they don't bump it up too much, but it seems like they are adding alot of features that should add to the bottom line. I hope they keep within $1,000 of the old price.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by Blazer Deli
Does anyone know if there are international Jazz/Fit forums that I can look at some more pictures?

Well, here's the Honda Thailand new Jazz mini-site:

All New Jazz ::: I'm So Jazz :::

Annoying little site, but lots of pictures...

Old 05-12-2008, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by cardinal
I agree. I don't know what all this silliness is about. The 09 is so much better, in every way.
its a matter of preference, i like the theoretical specs about the mpg and the 120 hp since were not 100% sure thats what its gonna be. to be honest though i think the exterior is uglier especially the front end when you look at it from a side profile.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by i like guitars
its a matter of preference, i like the theoretical specs about the mpg and the 120 hp since were not 100% sure thats what its gonna be. to be honest though i think the exterior is uglier especially the front end when you look at it from a side profile.
It is a matter of preference. I was the one being silly.
The first gen is a great car. I was going to get one last August when I found out my 93 Corolla wagon was dying. But when reading about the Fit, here and on Edmunds, word came out about the 2nd gen. And one month turned to three, then six and here we are in May. I'm going for a car inspection this morning and hope it passes so I can hold out till the fall release without putting any more money into this car.
It's taken me awhile to get used to that side view picture. But in person the car doesn't look like that. ( I went to NY auto show) It's taken from the perspective of someone sitting on the ground.)
Anyway, I blame that post I made on a couple cups of coffee and a couple hours grinding and chipping bluestone.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by crankshaft
Thank you for rehashing the same dead subject again. I've been frequenting this site for almost three years now, and when the '07 Fit was introduced at the 2006 Chicago Auto Show everyone complained loudly about how they ruined the Fit by extending the nose.

You can make just about any car look bad based on the angle/position of the camera. What the image above implies is that the front end is somewhat square, when in reality, the front end is tapered, as the image below displays.
I like the '09 styling better; can't wait to get my hands on one.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Anybody know if the 09 Fit will get the deadpeddle and the center armrest? Or will you have to special order one again???

Old 05-13-2008, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
Hurry

Hurry up and come out! I've been waiting for this damn thing for a while! So eager to buy the fit right now, but I just know that the 09 will be much better. I am buying it the minute it hits the streets. Fall feels so long from now. I mean, I could easily take 15G's and buy the current one right now out the door... but I know I'd regret it when the new one comes out. Its worth the wait...

Old 05-13-2008, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
I would agree to out with the old, and in with the new -- regardless of styling opinions. It's gonna be better despite any visual changes.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hiroko12
Anybody know if the 09 Fit will get the deadpeddle and the center armrest? Or will you have to special order one again???
The 09 does have a deadpedal, and it does have an armrest, but it's really skinny looking, maybe only 4" wide or so.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by ev0le
Hurry up and come out! I've been waiting for this damn thing for a while! So eager to buy the fit right now, but I just know that the 09 will be much better. I am buying it the minute it hits the streets. Fall feels so long from now. I mean, I could easily take 15G's and buy the current one right now out the door... but I know I'd regret it when the new one comes out. Its worth the wait...
I'm in the same boat as you, but aren't you slightly concerned that it's technically a first year car?
Sure it's 2nd-gen, but still...

As someone posted awhile ago, sometimes it's better to wait, they may find a screw placement was wrong here, or something else shouldn't have gone there. But that would mean waiting a whole other year.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kuba
I'm in the same boat as you, but aren't you slightly concerned that it's technically a first year car?
Sure it's 2nd-gen, but still...

As someone posted awhile ago, sometimes it's better to wait, they may find a screw placement was wrong here, or something else shouldn't have gone there. But that would mean waiting a whole other year.
Not really, it is a Honda. This 2nd Gen also has been in Japan for a while now. I don't think I'd mind the first year cars since if anything were to go wrong, it would have happened in Japan first when it was FIRST released. Also if anything theres also warranty .

Old 05-13-2008, 03:22 PM
True warranty will be there, but I don't want to be going to a dealership on a regular basis either.
So this new '09 setup, top to bottom, inside/out has been in Japan for awhile now? Same engine and all?

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit