2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Am I the only one on these boards that likes the looks of the 09 better than the 07-08?

Old 03-23-2008, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Am I the only one on these boards that likes the looks of the 09 better than the 07-08?
maybe. :3
theres a reason they were in the top selling JDM car lineup for a year straight.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Ok ladies! I wasn't trying to start a fight! You guys are way more ornery than my mommy board! LOL

Old 03-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by F033x
maybe. :3
theres a reason they were in the top selling JDM car lineup for a year straight.
Cause the 07-08's arent fugly?

Old 03-23-2008, 09:07 PM
2009 Videos

Interior Video Of 2009 Fit

YouTube - 2009 USDM Honda Fit Interior

Exterior Video Of 2009 Fit

YouTube - 2009 USDM Honda Fit Exterior

And Good Luck With The Opinions....

Old 03-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by r90s

At 48 seconds paused into the video, the front doesn't look as bad as I thought it did compared to the initial pics released.

I'm beginning to wonder what lens was used to take those pictures.
Distortion and distance from subject could be a factor, because it doesn't look too long in the video.
Gonna have to wait till Fall and see how this thing looks in person.

Last edited by kuba; 03-23-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Retired Moderator

Nice vid find, i enjoyed! I like that thing more and more!

Tyler

Old 03-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by kuba
"whatever"...?
Sounds like you're just shrugging it off, not knowing how to explain it really.
Explain what? I don't understand...if you want to OVERPAY for a Fit, be my guest...it's your money. But you can try to psych yourself out any way you wish to make yourself feel better. That's your perogative.

So rent for say, ohhhh, 8 weeks, or "whatever", maybe even 3 months.
Save on not being "suckered" into buying a car, then quite possibly the difference between renting and the savings of not buying the car right when one needs it and the savings via renting, weren't really savings, were they?
I guess if you can't shop around for a long term rental and get a good rate, then you've got other problems than getting a rental.

What if for some people, their careers require them to travel a lot?
Is that completely out of whack?
ie - Contractor in need of a Truck and hey, guess what, the new Ford 150 that's coming out has some new things he likes?
It'll mean, peace of mind, ownership and off to work to make money and score some big contracts.
You're arguing something completely different here....you're arguing if you should buy a particular car at all versus buying it at a time when people are going to cause dealers to rape them. I've never said don't buy a Fit...but I certainly would not be the first in line with my pants around my ankles signing my life way at the dealer.

A Citroën C-Cactus to me is out of whack.
But having it in your signature, reminds me of something I used to do as a teenager when I had a poster of my favorite car on my wall.
"Ahhhh, to spend money on cars that I dream of...!"
I'm assuming to you it's some kind of high priority car?
Or are we stuck in our teen years still and just wanting to show people what we really like and want...not need?
See...now you are showing your true colors. You have nothing to say at all so you turn to personal attacks...on a concept car no less...LOL....I just put it there because it looked interesting. I'm sure you had no clue what it is until you right-clicked and looked the picture's properties and link name....oh deary you're very very desperate.

That floors me about human nature, people flashing their cash with bling, wanting the hottest newest gadgets right away, wearing designer labels right across the front of their clothes like a walking billboard, you get the point.
Personally, I've never been that way - in fact I don't even own an mp3 player, but I'm finally going to dive in and get one (for the gym) and guess what, the prices and options are JUST right.
Well...good for you....I'll look into buying one a couple of grand less than you paid for it after a little bit of waiting so enjoy!

Great idea on the renting for weeks on end btw. lol
Yeah...it is. It game me peace of mind not to be a sucker and buy an overpriced car when I was in a transition.

Last edited by Climatologist; 03-23-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member

can we stop the fugly comments now?

i mean come on.... if you think that car is fugly.... well, fug you.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
well since no one's able to actually drive an '09 yet, all we're ABLE to do is comment on its looks. i'm sure once people start actually driving them opinions will change.

personally i think it is one fugly beast and am very happy with my '07.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:38 AM
5 Year Member
I saw on the honda site that the 09 is supposed to be available fall 08.
Does anyone remember when the 07's came out?

Old 03-24-2008, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lenthrax
I saw on the honda site that the 09 is supposed to be available fall 08.
Does anyone remember when the 07's came out?
The 07 model came out on April 20, 2006.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Climatologist
Explain what? I don't understand...if you want to OVERPAY for a Fit, be my guest...it's your money. But you can try to psych yourself out any way you wish to make yourself feel better. That's your perogative.

I guess if you can't shop around for a long term rental and get a good rate, then you've got other problems than getting a rental.

You're arguing something completely different here....you're arguing if you should buy a particular car at all versus buying it at a time when people are going to cause dealers to rape them. I've never said don't buy a Fit...but I certainly would not be the first in line with my pants around my ankles signing my life way at the dealer.

See...now you are showing your true colors. You have nothing to say at all so you turn to personal attacks...on a concept car no less...LOL....I just put it there because it looked interesting. I'm sure you had no clue what it is until you right-clicked and looked the picture's properties and link name....oh deary you're very very desperate.

Well...good for you....I'll look into buying one a couple of grand less than you paid for it after a little bit of waiting so enjoy!

Yeah...it is. It game me peace of mind not to be a sucker and buy an overpriced car when I was in a transition.
I'll keep this real simple for you, re-read what I said about rentals for periods of time lasting 8+weeks.

Then re-read about needing a car and how it's not about being a sucker purchase for some, but rather a current (and real) need.

As for childish? Says the guy with the C-Cactus hanging off his wall and boasting about his career.

I'm all about needs versus wants, check my previous threads, which I'm sure you have already done.
Someone mentioned climate control and I thought it was silly to pay for something which most of us have not had in our cars before...case in point.

PS - If you buy your coffee through the drive-thru at a coffee shop (keep in mind, over the years, it does add up), you're a sucker. You realize the mark up on one cup?
If you have A/C, you're a sucker, you don't really need it, do you?
Point is, everything has a price.

People worry about getting digital cameras and make thread about wanting to buy now or wait and buy later.
If they wait in order to try and save money or wait for that new model that's rumored to come out, they miss out on tons of opportunities to take some great shots.
To me, there's no price on that - do a search.

If someone needs a car, likes it, then why not buy it.
If they don't know how to haggle the price a bit, then they have some serious issues and need to learn how to work the sales people.
Etc, etc...

I'm done, Mr. Climatologist (boasting?).

PS - As for checking out your signature teen poster car, you're right.
I got things in my life prioritized, they are, life, career and future family.
I just care that I get a car that suits my needs, work the price down and carry on with my life.
Maybe when I have a little time, I'll dig around for some cool cars and add it to my signature.

Last edited by kuba; 03-24-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
You're not the only one. The new-improved design is much cleaner and more understated. The various aero bits are now much better integrated instead of looking tacked-on.

Some want to say the new Fit looks like a minivan, but the old Fit's hood and windshield angles are much closer to the Odyssey's profile than the new Fit's is. The new Fit's near single-plane windshield and hood design is more akin to the current Civic design.

But who cares what people want to label it. Label-people are the same folks that bought SUV's because they "wouldn't be caught dead in a minivan". I find it humorous that people are trying to somehow belittle the new Fit by putting in this or that category. The Fit, regardless of year, is a budget station wagon. Call it what you want, but the budget station wagon category is at or near the bottom of the automotive food chain. But if you like it and it suits your needs, who cares?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by kuba
I'll keep this real simple for you, re-read what I said about rentals for periods of time lasting 8+weeks.

Then re-read about needing a car and how it's not about being a sucker purchase for some, but rather a current (and real) need.

As for childish? Says the guy with the C-Cactus hanging off his wall and boasting about his career.

I'm all about needs versus wants, check my previous threads, which I'm sure you have already done.
Someone mentioned climate control and I thought it was silly to pay for something which most of us have not had in our cars before...case in point.

PS - If you buy your coffee through the drive-thru at a coffee shop (keep in mind, over the years, it does add up), you're a sucker. You realize the mark up on one cup?
If you have A/C, you're a sucker, you don't really need it, do you?
Point is, everything has a price.

People worry about getting digital cameras and make thread about wanting to buy now or wait and buy later.
If they wait in order to try and save money or wait for that new model that's rumored to come out, they miss out on tons of opportunities to take some great shots.
To me, there's no price on that - do a search.

If someone needs a car, likes it, then why not buy it.
If they don't know how to haggle the price a bit, then they have some serious issues and need to learn how to work the sales people.
Etc, etc...

I'm done, Mr. Climatologist (boasting?).

PS - As for checking out your signature teen poster car, you're right.
I got things in my life prioritized, they are, life, career and future family.
I just care that I get a car that suits my needs, work the price down and carry on with my life.
Maybe when I have a little time, I'll dig around for some cool cars and add it to my signature.
Wow...that's alot of hot air for nothing. Resorting to childish crap is the best you can do, I feel deeply sorry for you.

Oh...and who's talked about career and/or boasted about their sig? Did I hit a nerve with you without even trying? Perhaps you've been suckered before and can't stand the fact that I remind of that time? Who knows...and who really cares.

The bottomline is: If you think it's wise to overpay for a car, then go ahead and do it. Stop spending so much time trying to convince others that it's a good idea.

Enjoy overpaying for your car.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:26 PM
I like it!

I put my $500 bucks down Saturday and was number 3!! on the list. So my advice for anyone serious about getting the 09 fit, put your money down sooner rather then later.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by boots11234
I put my $500 bucks down Saturday and was number 3!! on the list. So my advice for anyone serious about getting the 09 fit, put your money down sooner rather then later.
Awesome dude, congratz!

Tyler

Old 03-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Question Interior dimensions, what are they?

I'm sorry if I didn't catch this in the 39 or so pages of this thread,..

But what I'd like to know is the difference between 2008 & 2009 interior room dimensions, with the back seats down. I hear it will be narrower, but longer.. I see the wheelbase is 2" longer,..(koolness.. = probably smoother ride) but I do a lot of work where I have to lug my equipment in Pelican cases, long bags to carry multiple tripod type stands.. I'm not concerned about hauling the weight of the gear so much as I am concerned about being able to stuff it all in a 2009 Fit.. (I presently have a Ford(P.O.S.) wagon, and that car sucks like an Olympic runner sucks air!) ...so, that will go, and so will it's abundant cargo room.. I think I can fit my stuff in my Fit with the front seat folded down like it shows with the surfboard photo, in addition to folding the rear seats flat.

I tested out a 2007 Fit today that just barely fits my longest package, which is a little more than 9ft long, and about 6" round.. and that just barely fits inside when installed on angle.. barely but enough, and if I can put the rest of my stuff in there too, it's 2009 Fit for me for sure! :-)

JPFit

Old 03-24-2008, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Did the dealer have any info about the car? I'm assuming that you didn't even get to pick a color or options or anything. Is your $500 refundable???

Old 03-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Congrats, bet you can't wait huh?

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit