2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Climatologist
I guess I won't be buying one then. Which is somewhat disappointing.

I will NEVER A) pay MSRP for any car and B) stoop so low and be so desperate to buy a car that others are killing themselves to buy. I'll leave that to the rest of the suckers.
Suckers?
What if people like myself genuinely need a car with this kind of interior space and fuel economy, how are they suckers?

No offense, but you strike me as a jealous or something along those lines...

Old 03-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by xorbe
That red Fit, it looks like it had an older gen Civic grafted onto the front. Eh. =/ Those lines are just not as pleasing to me. I'm sure it's a better vehicle regardless, but...
...that's what matters, the inside in this case (performance, handling and roominess).

Old 03-23-2008, 11:28 AM
A Fit '09 Observation.

If I had to describe it to someone, I would say it looks like;

A. A stretched out version of a Geo Metro

or

B. A deranged balloon animal.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:43 AM
from the pics i've been seeing bout the 09, it looks like the rear headrests may fit in the gd3!! im crossin my fingers!!!

Old 03-23-2008, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
I thought those things too for a while. But the longer you look at it the more it grows on you. And looking at a few of the Body kits that are coming out for the 09's. They also look better than you'd think.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Retired Moderator
A streched Geo metro??? Come on now lol. It looks nothing like that "car". Its a really nice futuristic design that will probaly appeal to a very diverse crowd.
Eveyone has opinions though!

Tyler

Old 03-23-2008, 01:15 PM
09 Fit

It's ok once you get use to it. I said the same thing about the first time i saw a Honda FIT. My first impression was " What in the BLIP is honda thinking". Now i can't imagine driving any other car except my FIT

Old 03-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by kuba
Suckers?
What if people like myself genuinely need a car with this kind of interior space and fuel economy, how are they suckers?

No offense, but you strike me as a jealous or something along those lines...
Who's talking about the specifications of the car? I don't even know why you bring that in.

I also want to buy a nice car with fuel economy and good interior space but I'm not going to be a sucker and overpay for it.

And besides...why would I be jealous????? I can afford a much more expensive car than a Fit...but so what?? I think you're confusing principle with jealousy. I think it's stupid to stand in line for anything that's driven by manic buying.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Who's talking about the specifications of the car? I don't even know why you bring that in.

I also want to buy a nice car with fuel economy and good interior space but I'm not going to be a sucker and overpay for it.

And besides...why would I be jealous????? I can afford a much more expensive car than a Fit...but so what?? I think you're confusing principle with jealousy. I think it's stupid to stand in line for anything that's driven by manic buying.
Not confusing anything with anything.
Before looking at the Fit, I was doing test drives with the new Toyota Matrix, Rav4 and the Santa Fe - more expensive than a Fit, so you're not the only person that can afford more than a Fit. In fact, I'm sure there's a ton of other people that can do the same.

But I wasn't overly impressed with any of the other cars mentioned above.

Matrix - horrible leg room/interior room with back seats down, real bad blind spot with the rear panel by the windows, felt chlostraphobic.

Rav4, no manual option for a 4-cylinder, best mileage for an SUV, but not as good as I'd like.

Santa Fe, mileage not as good as the Rav4, but a few thousand cheaper than the Rav.

Then I took the Fit for a spin on the suggestion by someone, loved it.
The interior space, the fuel economy, was bang on.
Suckers would be those wanting those two factors and paying the bucks required to get those vehicles.
The Fit is considerably less and you get more room and much better fuel economy.

So you wouldn't be considered a "sucker" if you were to buy an '09.
Don't use the term so loosely.

Last edited by kuba; 03-23-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Wink

Not confusing anything with anything.
Before looking at the Fit, I was doing test drives with the new Toyota Matrix, Rav4 and the Santa Fe - more expensive than a Fit.
But I wasn't overly impressed with any of them...
Matrix - horrible leg room/interior room with back seats down, real bad blind spot with the rear panel by the windows, felt chlostraphobic.
Again, you're missing the point. Unless you're in an absolute bind to buy a car, why would you consider, or even contemplate, paying too much for one just because the competition doesn't give you everything you want?? Are you really that much into a bind? When there are others willing to part with too much of their money, why would you? I've always been curious about that side of human behavior which, by the way, is now causing havoc in the stupidly overpriced housing market in areas like California...suckers outbidding and overpaying for properties that weren't worth even half what they paid for?

Rav4, no manual option for a 4-cylinder, best mileage for an SUV, but not as good as I'd like.

Santa Fe, mileage not as good as the Rav4, but a few thousand cheaper than the Rav.

Then I took the Fit for a spin on the suggestion by someone, loved it.
The interior space, the fuel economy, was bang on.
Suckers would be those wanting those two factors and paying the bucks required to get those vehicles.
The Fit is considerably less and you get more room and much better fuel economy.

So you wouldn't be considered a "sucker" if you were to buy an '09.
Don't use the term so loosely.
Then you go ahead and be one of the first who pay well over MSRP for this little "mass produced" car that's "rare"...I'll sit back for 6 months, a year maybe, and enjoy buying the car below MSRP.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Again, you're missing the point. Unless you're in an absolute bind to buy a car, why would you consider, or even contemplate, paying too much for one just because the competition doesn't give you everything you want?? Are you really that much into a bind? When there are others willing to part with too much of their money, why would you? I've always been curious about that side of human behavior which, by the way, is now causing havoc in the stupidly overpriced housing market in areas like California...suckers outbidding and overpaying for properties that weren't worth even half what they paid for?

Then you go ahead and be one of the first who pay well over MSRP for this little "mass produced" car that's "rare"...I'll sit back for 6 months, a year maybe, and enjoy buying the car below MSRP.
I think you missed the overall point.
I'll keep it simple for you, if one needs the car, then how (or why) are they suckers to get it?

Simplified enough for you?

Old 03-23-2008, 05:03 PM
I think you missed the overall point.
I'll keep it simple for you, if one needs the car, then how (or why) are they suckers to get it?

Simplified enough for you?
Yes very simple....but I don't think anyone "needs" a car so badly that they need to be suckered into buying one that's overpriced.

There are many things you can do while you search for a car in order not to get ripped off and overpay....rent one for a week, two weeks, whatever. No one really needs a car so badly...if they do, their priorities are completely out of whack.

I hope that's simple enough for you too.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TOOL
A streched Geo metro??? Come on now lol. It looks nothing like that "car". Its a really nice futuristic design that will probaly appeal to a very diverse crowd.
Eveyone has opinions though!

Tyler
this is my third time saying this I think.
the only crowd that car is appealing to now is the soccer moms trading in their Oddesey's for 09 fit's, smacking up our current gen doors trying to take out their baby carrier's and groceries.
I don't think anyone besides Mugen will take a crack at performance moding that ..thing.. for awhile. Could be wrong

besides I remember seeing the horrific system proposed in the car awhile ago before the NAV was presented. bleh. im not gonna get a nav, its for n00bs. but on the other hand i don't want some tri-colored POS that honda made intentionally for you not buying into their +$$$ NAV. :33

just my 2 cents.

Last edited by F033x; 03-23-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F033x
this is my third time saying this I think.

I don't think anyone besides Mugen will take a crack at performance moding that ..thing.. for awhile. Could be wrong

just my 2 cents.
you do know the new Fit will prolly respond better to mods due to IVTEC in the new engine...

Old 03-23-2008, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Red face

Originally Posted by Fitftw
you do know the new Fit will prolly respond better to mods due to IVTEC in the new engine...
mmmm, the new Fit's i-VTEC isn't the same as the K Types implemented. the new ones do add in the lows now and better aid in the high RPM's. and then considering this is the one of the few cars now running honda's "economy" i-VTEC. I'm sure it will help in normal driving situations but when it comes to modifying theres no direct correlation as of yet.

plus aesthetics plays a huge part in modifying :3. no one wants to mod a Tata Nano.

//[edit] does the new fit design remind anyone of the new elongated WRX..?

Old 03-23-2008, 06:31 PM
"Honey I Shrunk The Aztek"

Old 03-23-2008, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F033x
mmmm, the new Fit's i-VTEC isn't the same as the K Types implemented. the new ones do add in the lows now and better aid in the high RPM's. and then considering this is the one of the few cars now running honda's "economy" i-VTEC. I'm sure it will help in normal driving situations but when it comes to modifying theres no direct correlation as of yet.

plus aesthetics plays a huge part in modifying :3. no one wants to mod a Tata Nano.

//[edit] does the new fit design remind anyone of the new elongated WRX..?
i feel you man, i know it isnt the same as the k20s. But then again the K20A3 also has a "economy i-VTEC" too. And the way i see it they still respond pretty well to mods.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Yes very simple....but I don't think anyone "needs" a car so badly that they need to be suckered into buying one that's overpriced.

There are many things you can do while you search for a car in order not to get ripped off and overpay....rent one for a week, two weeks, whatever. No one really needs a car so badly...if they do, their priorities are completely out of whack.

I hope that's simple enough for you too.
"whatever"...?
Sounds like you're just shrugging it off, not knowing how to explain it really.

So rent for say, ohhhh, 8 weeks, or "whatever", maybe even 3 months.
Save on not being "suckered" into buying a car, then quite possibly the difference between renting and the savings of not buying the car right when one needs it and the savings via renting, weren't really savings, were they?

What if for some people, their careers require them to travel a lot?
Is that completely out of whack?
ie - Contractor in need of a Truck and hey, guess what, the new Ford 150 that's coming out has some new things he likes?
It'll mean, peace of mind, ownership and off to work to make money and score some big contracts.

A Citroën C-Cactus to me is out of whack.
But having it in your signature, reminds me of something I used to do as a teenager when I had a poster of my favorite car on my wall.
"Ahhhh, to spend money on cars that I dream of...!"
I'm assuming to you it's some kind of high priority car?
Or are we stuck in our teen years still and just wanting to show people what we really like and want...not need?

That floors me about human nature, people flashing their cash with bling, wanting the hottest newest gadgets right away, wearing designer labels right across the front of their clothes like a walking billboard, you get the point.
Personally, I've never been that way - in fact I don't even own an mp3 player, but I'm finally going to dive in and get one (for the gym) and guess what, the prices and options are JUST right.

Great idea on the renting for weeks on end btw. lol

Old 03-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Laylow
It's ok once you get use to it. I said the same thing about the first time i saw a Honda FIT. My first impression was " What in the BLIP is honda thinking". Now i can't imagine driving any other car except my FIT
I'll be the first to admit I had the same attitude about the 07/08s until I took one out for a drive and fell in love with it. I thought my Civic was fun...
I'm gonna have to wait to compare the leg room (if there's more, great) and see how much better the new suspension will be.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitftw
i feel you man, i know it isnt the same as the k20s. But then again the K20A3 also has a "economy i-VTEC" too. And the way i see it they still respond pretty well to mods.
i can believe it. i think im gonna be sad to see the current gen go, we barely knew ye. :3

but i certainly don't enjoy the design of the new one, it has moved out of the sub-compact range, and though 9hp was added i think some will be used to power that longer beast.alas I will be there day one to test drive one, without the intent to buy

[edit] Im glad they didnt actually do i-vtec with a cvt trans. i couldnt even imagine the low speed jerking. xD

Last edited by F033x; 03-23-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit