2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:40 PM
That is one smokin' car...can't wait...
To think I ALMOST went out and bought a Matrix '09.
How does it handle? Are you able to compare it to the 1st gen Fit?

More pics...

Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
Was wondering who would be the first to post up the new 2nd Gen Fit on here.

Looks really good. Better than what I thought it would be .

BUT now the dilemma insues , as I love the 08 Fit Sport but I really have to see what they do with the 2nd Gen Fit here in the US.

Well if I decide on a 09 Fit instead, I'll have to sell my 08 FIT equipment that I've been buying in anticipation of the FIT.

Props on the new FIT and Please some more pics. Daylight pics, and at dusk with lights on, interior etc etc. Go out and do a pictorial!!!!!!!!

peace,

Last edited by Skytraveler; 03-05-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: can't type correctly
Old 03-05-2008, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
man if they have a higher model in the us then i am going to trade my care in from it(higher model .. basicall i want a dohc in it ..)

Old 03-05-2008, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
HondabƒNƒ‹ƒ}bƒtƒBƒbƒgbƒ^ƒCƒvE‰¿Ši
like this... thatwould be so cool if there where models... i love hodna but damn them for keeping all the cool stuff for themselfs

Old 03-05-2008, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by randomracer
HondabƒNƒ‹ƒ}bƒtƒBƒbƒgbƒ^ƒCƒvE‰¿Ši
like this... thatwould be so cool if there where models... i love hodna but damn them for keeping all the cool stuff for themselfs
Exactly Like this version DDAMMMMNNN!!!!!!!!!!

peace,

Old 03-05-2008, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
i dont like the way some pics are but in other pics... damn it is nice

Old 03-05-2008, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Piglet, that is so awesome! Can you post some more pics? Maybe some daylight exterior and interior shots? I'm so envious!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks thanks for your kind comments...

very sorry... for my lousy pics -taken via cellphone camera: Honda FIT 1.5 Vtec RS

Last edited by piglet_oinkoink; 03-07-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Wow!^
That looks great man. I want your car lol. I wish the US got all that tech stuff on the inside. The nav option i doubt we get, that little digital temp guage we wont get, i bet we dont get the power folding mirrors, which i see yours has, we wont get a leather option.. Your Lucky!

Tyler

Old 03-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Wow!^
That looks great man. I want your car lol. I wish the US got all that tech stuff on the inside. The nav option i doubt we get, that little digital temp guage we wont get, i bet we dont get the power folding mirrors, which i see yours has, we wont get a leather option.. Your Lucky!

Tyler
How do you know we won't get it??

I also have to say, this Fit looks like what the previous gen Civic Type R looks like in Europe...basically a more bulbous version of it.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Climatologist
How do you know we won't get it??

I also have to say, this Fit looks like what the previous gen Civic Type R looks like in Europe...basically a more bulbous version of it.
Im pretty much basing all that off the current gen.
On the 2007 Fit in Japan you could get Nav, that little temp guage, power mirrors, LED mirrors. All that stuff was not available for the USDM Fit.
Japan is ahead of the game as far as what kind of tech goes into there cars. Obviously the Fit isnt a luxury or exspensive car. Although in those pictures its loaded like one. They try to keep the cost down here in the US, by doing that they eliminate some of the "cool" features that other country's get.
Im not saying that im 100% right, who know's we may have that stuff as a option. Im just saying, i HIGHLY doubt it.

Tyler

Old 03-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Im pretty much basing all that off the current gen.
On the 2007 Fit in Japan you could get Nav, that little temp guage, power mirrors, LED mirrors. All that stuff was not available for the USDM Fit.
Japan is ahead of the game as far as what kind of tech goes into there cars. Obviously the Fit isnt a luxury or exspensive car. Although in those pictures its loaded like one. They try to keep the cost down here in the US, by doing that they eliminate some of the "cool" features that other country's get.
Im not saying that im 100% right, who know's we may have that stuff as a option. Im just saying, i HIGHLY doubt it.

Tyler
You're probably right...I just asked the question. When it comes down to it, consumers in this country are pretty stingy and cheap. Funny thing is they spend their money on crap but when it comes to good stuff and high quality merchandise, they won't spend their money on it...different cultural philosophies altogether.

Are the rims on the car in the picture Honda rims or aftermarket? I think this car would look really good with the HPF rims (or is it HFP).

I'm hoping at the very least we get the CVT...and even the possibility of a hybrid model.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
man it looks dope! that car doesnt look like a minivan at all, i really like the styling of the smooth contour lines and the aggressive front end...cool car... i dunno why everyone thinks the new gen fits are uglier, i guess its a defense mechanism for reinforcing their decision in buying the first gen fit, cuz i cant see why there is reason to think the first gen fit looks a lot better

Old 03-07-2008, 09:07 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
armrest..
PSSHH

Old 03-07-2008, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the pics, it looks great! I can't wait til they come to the US.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:42 PM
In other pics it hasn't looked quite as hot, but in those "real life" pics it looks great. The NYIAS official site doesn't have any pics/info on the 2009 Fit that will be appearing there yet unfortunately and the show is soon. Hopefully, Honda will email us some good info.

I want that digital temperature gauge; that's awesome.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by speculative
Ummmm... I think that's the Climate Control.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by speculative
In other pics it hasn't looked quite as hot, but in those "real life" pics it looks great. The NYIAS official site doesn't have any pics/info on the 2009 Fit that will be appearing there yet unfortunately and the show is soon. Hopefully, Honda will email us some good info.

Why?
Just another device that has the potential go screwy and cost you more coin to fix?

I wish they had manual windows, but that's not going to happen in this day and age.

Besides, you didn't have a digital temp. gauge 5 years ago, you were fine driving back then weren't you?

If it's cold, roll up the windows, crank the heat to your liking.
If it's hot, roll the windows down or turn on the A/C.

Keep it Simple.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kuba
I wish they had manual windows, but that's not going to happen in this day and age.
How then are we supposed to roll down the back windows as we fly past Neons?

Old 03-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by kuba
Why?
Just another device that has the potential go screwy and cost you more coin to fix?

Besides, you didn't have a digital temp. gauge 5 years ago, you were fine driving back then weren't you?

If it's cold, roll up the windows, crank the heat to your liking.
If it's hot, roll the windows down or turn on the A/C.

Keep it Simple.
Hmm, intresting opinion.
Most people's opinion will differ from yours. With technology these days the chances of a little screen that shows temp have a issue is very slim. Especially if it's coming in a Honda.

Tyler

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit