2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:42 PM
sorry about that i wasnt sure what the blue for the civic was actually called i just rememeber it looking very similar

Old 09-14-2007, 09:09 PM
The storm silver looks good!

Old 09-20-2007, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Exclamation The first clear, official pictures of new Fit/Jazz?

Folks,

I think somebody may have broken the embargo because at this forum, they've posted the first truly clear (and possibly official) pictures of the second-generation Honda Fit:

See the pictures of the new Fit/Jazz here

If these pictures are authentic, then I definitely like the design. Note that the new Fit uses the nose design akin to the last-generation Honda Civic hatchback sold in Europe and the side shape is strongly inspired by the JDM Honda Edix multi-activity vehicle. I like the redesigned front panel, and note the roomier back seating (a concession for American-sized passengers). Alas, the US market won't see the glass roof, mostly for rollover safety reasons.

This will be the car that finally replaces my beloved 1998 Honda Civic HX CVT coupe.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:31 AM
If the new Fit looks like that, then my next car will probably be a new-design Fit towards the end of '08 unless they jack the price up.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 AM
It's nice....but I will still get the current design in March...but if I like my '08....I could see me getting a '13 Fit or something. Id rather have the 'bugs ironed out' in the new models (usually takes a couple years). I had a 2002 civic and then drove an 2005 loaner civic and the '05 felt like it was put together better...less rattles for example and the '02 had a squeeky clutch right from new that they could never fix. I also find more features become standard as the design ages.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by prelude_guy97
It's nice....but I will still get the current design in March...but if I like my '08....I could see me getting a '13 Fit or something. Id rather have the 'bugs ironed out' in the new models (usually takes a couple years). I had a 2002 civic and then drove an 2005 loaner civic and the '05 felt like it was put together better...less rattles for example and the '02 had a squeeky clutch right from new that they could never fix. I also find more features become standard as the design ages.
more standard features = higher price, too.

i can only imagine what kind of mark-up the dealers will be charging on future fits if the supply/demand issue stays the same as it has been since the fit has arrived here.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I just hope it doesn't go up too much here. A Fit Sport 5 speed in Canada starts at $19,540 and with the CDN buck approaching parity (just under $0.99)with the greenback...somebody is making some pretty good profit of us....heck our base DX model (which starts at $14,900) doesnt even come with A/C....have to fork over another $2500 to get the LX model that comes with A/C. These prices havnt budged since the introduction of the Fit.

One more thing I thought id mention about our car prices....new Corvette (just because i couldnt get over this) for example....in the US costs around $45 grand...for us, it's $68 grand.

Last edited by prelude_guy97; 09-20-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Im going to say a 1,300$ dollar jump in price :-(..That would put the Sport AT towards 18k with no mark up...Just my guess, based off of the new Accords price jump..But it may be worth it depending on whats new in the standard features department. If it has more options such as Nav, and a few other little tech things like that it will probaly be my next car..But were talking 4-5 years down the road..

Old 09-20-2007, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by prelude_guy97
I just hope it doesn't go up too much here. A Fit Sport 5 speed in Canada starts at $19,540 and with the CDN buck approaching parity (just under $0.99)with the greenback...somebody is making some pretty good profit of us....heck our base DX model (which starts at $14,900) doesnt even come with A/C....have to fork over another $2500 to get the LX model that comes with A/C. These prices havnt budged since the introduction of the Fit.

One more thing I thought id mention about our car prices....new Corvette (just because i couldnt get over this) for example....in the US costs around $45 grand...for us, it's $68 grand.
You're mixing U.S. made GM with imported Honda from Japan. We don't get our Fits from the states. It's just a diff. import ratio they get from Japan, and their volume cheaper shipping etc.

Also, as for a new model the Fit/Jazz has been around for over 5 years already worldwide.

Saw this on the news today.

Importing Cars from the USA | UCanImport.com

Old 09-20-2007, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pip_rocks
more standard features = higher price, too.

i can only imagine what kind of mark-up the dealers will be charging on future fits if the supply/demand issue stays the same as it has been since the fit has arrived here.
If my guess of Honda building the Fit at Honda's new Greensburg, IN plant are true, the markup for the new Fit won't be ridiculous since Honda can produce a huge number of cars at that new plant.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188
If my guess of Honda building the Fit at Honda's new Greensburg, IN plant are true, the markup for the new Fit won't be ridiculous since Honda can produce a huge number of cars at that new plant.
Tbh, if this car was going to be made in America I would get a current-gen and wait a few years for them to get the bugs ironed out of their production process, as was mentioned previously.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Retired Moderator
Im pretty sure that they will be making them at the new plant in the US. At least that what my dealer told me..

Old 09-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Pics other than pictures and scans of magazines have been leaked. Enjoy guys

Tokyo Auto Show: 2009 Honda Fit Shots Leak Out Onto The Internet - Jalopnik

Interior looks great, steering wheel is nice, has a dead pedal, gauges are not traditional, a little more wonky like the civic...looks bubbly. The exterior on the other hand...not so much...not digging the taillights, it's shaped more like a mini van now...it's a continuous hump. At least our generation had more clearly defined lines IMO. The front is ugly IMO...the huge sunroof is nice

Last edited by Illusive; 09-20-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
I notice they have the sport and non-sport bodies (note the one with side trim).
Not sure which one I like better actually. It looks a bit stretched, yeah, and it's
only going to look longer after USA adds 6" to each bumper! Eh.

But what motor will it ship with to North America?

Last edited by xorbe; 09-20-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by xorbe
I notice they have the sport and non-sport bodies (note the one with side trim).
Not sure which one I like better actually. It looks a bit stretched, yeah, and it's
only going to look longer after USA adds 6" to each bumper!

But what motor will it ship with to North America?
Hopefully the same engine! Then they can make a Fit Si pumping out like 250HP, ehh im dreaming lol...

Old 09-20-2007, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Hopefully the same engine!
Right, so it got an inch wider, and a couple inches longer, undoubtedly gained 100 lbs in the process, and we want the same low torque motor? Maybe they'll adjust the A/T gears... Manual would still be okay probably...

Old 09-21-2007, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
Right, so it got an inch wider, and a couple inches longer, undoubtedly gained 100 lbs in the process, and we want the same low torque motor? Maybe they'll adjust the A/T gears... Manual would still be okay probably...
Fortunately, the new Fit has a i-VTEC engine, which is rated at circa 117 bhp (SAE 08/04 net) with a wider torque curve than the current L15A VTEC engine. I wouldn't be surprised if the new Fit switches to CVT automatic for the North American market model in order to lower development costs (it must have cost Honda quite a lot of money to develop and get EPA/CARB emissions certification for the current Fit with the 5AT transmission).

Old 09-21-2007, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
Pics other than pictures and scans of magazines have been leaked. Enjoy guys

Tokyo Auto Show: 2009 Honda Fit Shots Leak Out Onto The Internet - Jalopnik

Interior looks great, steering wheel is nice, has a dead pedal, gauges are not traditional, a little more wonky like the civic...looks bubbly. The exterior on the other hand...not so much...not digging the taillights, it's shaped more like a mini van now...it's a continuous hump. At least our generation had more clearly defined lines IMO. The front is ugly IMO...the huge sunroof is nice
I have to agree with Illusive, it looks a bit like a baby FR-V from behind. The interior looks great though, but I'm happy with my current shape, especially the front bumper!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
here, guys, is an actual review by edmunds:

First Drive: 2009 Honda Fit

two things stuck out to me:
the fact that the new fit is 164% more rigid and only added 22 lbs in the process
and that the 1.5L i-Vtec L15 is basically a K20A3 except missing about half a liter, isn't it? haha, ok, maybe that's glorifying the little single cam just a bit...but at a cup half full view point, i think its arguable.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gotfitted
and that the 1.5L i-Vtec L15 is basically a K20A3 except missing about half a liter, isn't it? haha, ok, maybe that's glorifying the little single cam just a bit...but at a cup half full view point, i think its arguable.
Did the 1/2 liter go missing in diameter or stroke?

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit