2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Thanks!

Thanks Suzy_Q. That looks like the color. Why call it by a different name though? Marketing purposes?

The pictures help, but is the color more like black than purple? I know that's tough to answer. I just need to see it in person I guess. I've read here that it looks like black in certain lighting. Although my university colors are purple and white (Kansas State University), I don't want a purple car. Black-purple would be great.

Glad you are happy with the color of your car.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chuck
Thanks Suzy_Q. That looks like the color. Why call it by a different name though? Marketing purposes?

The pictures help, but is the color more like black than purple? I know that's tough to answer. I just need to see it in person I guess. I've read here that it looks like black in certain lighting. Although my university colors are purple and white (Kansas State University), I don't want a purple car. Black-purple would be great.

Glad you are happy with the color of your car.
Well I would definitely say its black-purple. Its black in the shade and overcast days, and this deep metallic plum colour in the sunlight. It all depends on the lighting I guess. Check out the Black Amethyst Pearl thread under Fit Pictures and Videos, there's another guy from Norway with a car like mine and he has posted quite a few pics in the sun and shade. Believe me, if you dont mind having to clean your car often to keep it shiny and vivid, get this colour!!! The second best colour for me is the Taffy White, if i couldnt get purple, i would have gone for the white.
Hope this helps!!!

Old 09-04-2007, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Man, with all talk about Blackberry Pearl, what about Tidewater Blue? is it just uncool?

Old 09-05-2007, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by abcsr2ez4me
Man, with all talk about Blackberry Pearl, what about Tidewater Blue? is it just uncool?
No, not at all!! That looks like a seriously rad colour, from one of the pics that I've seen. Almost like this colour i think......

Old 09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
ok all this talk about what the 2008 honda Jazz and the 2009 USDM Honda Fit and what it will look like

Well Here's another picture of what seems to be the 2008 Honda Jazz/Fit

the picture can be found here:

2008 Honda Fit / Jazz Official Images Leaked?

Hope this helps. If not then I've added more useless info LOL

take care
Dennis

Last edited by Skytraveler; 09-05-2007 at 06:23 PM. Reason: name of 2008 car
Old 09-05-2007, 06:28 PM
The color on my 99 civic is very close to your Jazz.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
Here's more info on supposedly leaked info on the JAZZ/FIT

2008 Honda Jazz - Information leaked in Japan | bkkAutos.com

peace,

Old 09-06-2007, 09:12 PM
cmm
i disbeleve as well

I graduated from an Art Institute that deals with Honda model makers/ designers, Paul Hutchens for example is the lead for the clay model division of Honda America, every car has a 7 year shelf life, from design to first fabrication there is a 7 year lead time, for example the first fit was a clay model back in 04 when i started school... it was on paper long before then...All you have to do is follow the money, think of every little tiny part in the Honda fit, every little knob and switch... every one needs to have a designer draw, build and cast the first parts, then after the first drawn parts or build parts are made painted and put together they have to be stringently tested and worked on then it is giving to a R&D group to be stringently tested.. then years down the line and millions of dalliers later it is given to small groups of people, still in the company( in japan) to test and thrash. And by that time there would be so many undercover pics of the new model it whould be in every tuner mag japan or us. So im still calln your bluff, there would have been a bigger hype than that, think of the 99 civic the EK that was (for Honda ) a small run, year wise and the guy that designed that believe it or not he lost his job, and his design was only a small tweak of the 96-98 version.. they would not run the fit for this short of a time then switch, they will run this model dry then bring the new jazz to japan then 2 years later bring the new fit to America

Old 09-07-2007, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
But will Honda manufacture both the old Fit for NA, and the new Fit for Japan and the rest of the world? Before we didn't have any Fit at all here.

The small car market here is heating up quickly. Honda dynamically jumped in with what it had mid-cycle, probably.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by cmm
I graduated from an Art Institute that deals with Honda model makers/ designers, Paul Hutchens for example is the lead for the clay model division of Honda America, every car has a 7 year shelf life, from design to first fabrication there is a 7 year lead time, for example the first fit was a clay model back in 04 when i started school... it was on paper long before then...All you have to do is follow the money, think of every little tiny part in the Honda fit, every little knob and switch... every one needs to have a designer draw, build and cast the first parts, then after the first drawn parts or build parts are made painted and put together they have to be stringently tested and worked on then it is giving to a R&D group to be stringently tested.. then years down the line and millions of dalliers later it is given to small groups of people, still in the company( in japan) to test and thrash. And by that time there would be so many undercover pics of the new model it whould be in every tuner mag japan or us. So im still calln your bluff, there would have been a bigger hype than that, think of the 99 civic the EK that was (for Honda ) a small run, year wise and the guy that designed that believe it or not he lost his job, and his design was only a small tweak of the 96-98 version.. they would not run the fit for this short of a time then switch, they will run this model dry then bring the new jazz to japan then 2 years later bring the new fit to America
Are you taking about the US changes were clay in 2004 because the original FIT was released June 2001 in Japan. That FIT is still basically the same as today. Except we now have the 1.5l vtec engine with I believe was added to the fit after 2001

Old 09-13-2007, 06:24 PM
2008 Fit vs. 2007 Fit broshure

Just got back from the dealer (to deal with my 20mpg problem) and picked up the 2008 broshure. Compared it to the 2007. Odd thing is that they don't mention the tire pressure monitor for the 2008. Other than a few font style changes, there is no difference from the 2007. One funny change, though... In the collage of images on the page with the mpg rating (33city/38highway for the old rating vs. 28/34 with the new ratings) all the pix are the same except Honda photoshopped the image of the gas station prices from $2.53, 2.63, 2.73 to $3.53, 3.63, 3.73. I guess that's what $80/barrel gas does for you.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:37 PM
I picked up my 2008 Fit Sport 2 days ago, so if you guys would like i will post picks of it to see if there is any small noticable differences besides the tpms, i will post them in the next day or two, this is a very interesting thread though.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Let's see what ya got....post em up.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by the-fit-of-08
I picked up my 2008 Fit Sport 2 days ago, so if you guys would like i will post picks of it to see if there is any small noticable differences besides the tpms, i will post them in the next day or two, this is a very interesting thread though.
Dude, I'm dying for a pic of Tidewater blue.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
I swung by the Modesto, CA dealership, but only storm grey in stock. I wanna see the new blue too.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:24 PM
here is a few quick pics at the park, sorry thery are not the greatest this weekend i will take better ones. obviously you can see i got the storm silver, although i am curious what the tidewater blue would look like.enjoy. if you guys need anymore specific photos just tell and i will take

Old 09-13-2007, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks, that was quick. Reason I ask about the tidewater blue is cause I put a down payment on one but won't take reciept of it until November. But the sooner I see the actual tidewater, the sooner I can call to reserve a different color if I dont like it. Darn Honda re-using their old photos for 08.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks, that was quick. Reason I ask about the tidewater blue is cause I put a down payment on one but won't take reciept of it until November. But the sooner I see the actual tidewater, the sooner I can call to reserve a different color if I dont like it. Darn Honda re-using their old photos for 08.
i know it is not the same effect but the dealership where i got the fit has a civic hybrid that was tidewater blue and i can go back and try and take a picture for you so that you can see what it would look like in "real" life.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
whoa, what? Civic's come in tidewater blue? if that so.... brb (google's civic hybrid)

Old 09-13-2007, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
whoa, what? Civic's come in tidewater blue? if that so.... brb (google's civic hybrid)
Okay, thats a negative. I just checked Honda.com on their 08 civic lineup. Checked the sedan's, coupe's, hybrid's and even the Natural Gas Civic. No tidewater blue. The wait continues until a FIT has tidewater blue...

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit