2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
I'm not sure but might this be the 2008 Fit for the Japanese market?

I notice the taillights are diff. and the wheel covers. Also the nose looks like our longer NA Fit than the home market 2006 one.
Or is this an older model for the home market?

Honda Dogb‚í‚ñ‚±‚ɂ₳‚µ‚¢ƒNƒ‹ƒ}bFit

Honda Dogb‚í‚ñ‚±‚ɂ₳‚µ‚¢ƒNƒ‹ƒ}bFitb‚í‚ñ‚±‚ð‚Ì‚¹‚é‚É ‚Í

Last edited by willmax11; 07-10-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:32 AM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by willmax11
Take a look at the URL: hxxp://www.honda.co.jp/dog/honda-car/fit2005/photo-car-model02.html

Old 07-10-2007, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by willmax11
I'm not sure but might this be the 2008 Fit for the Japanese market?

I notice the taillights are diff. and the wheel covers. Also the nose looks like our longer NA Fit than the home market 2006 one.

Honda Dogb‚í‚ñ‚±‚ɂ₳‚µ‚¢ƒNƒ‹ƒ}bFit

Honda Dogb‚í‚ñ‚±‚ɂ₳‚µ‚¢ƒNƒ‹ƒ}bFitb‚í‚ñ‚±‚ð‚Ì‚¹‚é‚É ‚Í
Those pages show the current JDM Fit.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Talking

what ever happens im keeping mine!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
Why? come on the 2007 will be a TRUE CLASSIC.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:08 AM
5 Year Member
Why is this word needed?

Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
As I sit in my Florida Condo I look out my window at my 2007 Honda Fit and I don't care if they make the 2008 look like a PORSCHE I still love my car (-) the paint job!

Old 07-18-2007, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Honda Confirms All-New Fit (JDM) for This Fall

The offical word is out:

Honda to roll out a redesigned Fit

and from the horse's mouth:

Honda Worldwide | Jyly 18, 2007 "Summary of 2007 Mid-Year CEO Speech " (see Bullet No. 2, "Establishing a Sales Channel from the Customer Viewpoint")

Last edited by jacksan1; 07-18-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Redesigned JDM 08' Fit confirmed

Christine Tierney / The Detroit News

Honda Motor Co. will launch a redesigned version of its popular Fit subcompact in the fall, Honda CEO Takeo Fukui said in Japan today in a speech updating the automaker's progress on its three-year strategic plan.
He confirmed that Honda would introduce a clean diesel engine to the U.S. market in 2009 that would meet emission standards in all 50 states, and he announced that the engine also would be marketed in Japan.
In its 2005-08 plan, Honda outlined goals to improve its environmental performance, strengthen the Honda brand in Japan, and reinforce the automaker's foundation for global growth.
"Honda will further accelerate its effort to strengthen the core characteristics that make Honda unique in each business area," Fukui said.
The automaker, Japan's second largest after Toyota Motor Corp., is investing heavily in gas-electric hybrid and diesel technology as well as developing more small cars in its effort to be environmentally friendly.
Over the past two years, as gas prices have risen, Honda has struggled to meet demand for its small cars. Cumulative sales of the Fit, launched in Japan in 2002 and first introduced to the U.S. market last year, have exceeded 2 million units.
The new Fit is likely to be available in the U.S. market soon after its fall launch in Japan.
Honda's vehicle range is among the most fuel-efficient, and the Union of Concerned Scientists in April rated the company the greenest automaker.
All automakers are addressing concerns about fuel economy and the environment, but Honda's efforts in this area are longstanding. "They've done it much more consistently and with more dedication than Toyota has, although Toyota gets more credit because of the Prius (hybrid)," said George Peterson, chairman of AutoPacific, a consulting firm in Tustin, Calif.
"If Honda just wanted to sell cars, they'd have a V8-powered luxury car out there -- and there ain't no V8 around," he said.
In his update, Fukui confirmed that Honda will roll out a dedicated hybrid model in 2009 that will cost less than the Honda Civic hybrid, which starts at $22,600. Fukui also said:

For the Japanese market, Honda plans to strengthen its mini-vehicle business. Mini-vehicles, fitted with very small engines, are among the most resilient segments in the weak Japanese auto market.
Honda also will delay the launch of its Acura premium brand in Japan for two years or so. Honda had planned to bring Acura to its home market in the fall of 2008 but is revising its plans "based on a comprehensive evaluation of the current market environment." Like Toyota's Lexus brand, Acura was first established in the United States.

In North America, Honda's production capacity will reach 1.62 million units after the construction of an assembly plant in Indiana, the expansion of a Mexican plant and the construction of an engine factory in Canada.

In China, the Guangzhou Honda Automobile Co. venture will establish an R&D facility and develop a vehicle that will be sold under an original brand of Guangzhou Honda starting in 2010.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

So is it like the colorful sketches we've seen elsewhere in the forums?

I personally don't know of much they could do to make a Fit that I'd like better. Hope they don't make it look bulbous like the Scion xB has become.

Hopefully, most everything mechanical will stay the same, so you modders won't have trouble finding stuff for your current year-model Fits.

I am glad to have the '07. Doubt the subcompact market in the US will ever get as big as it is in Europe and Asia, so it should retain its "different" vibe no matter what Honda does to the next generation of Fits.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Steeldog
I personally don't know of much they could do to make a Fit that I'd like better. Hope they don't make it look bulbous like the Scion xB has become.
hows about a version that gets AT LEAST mid 40s on the interstate? how bout flex fuel?

AND

hows about an SI version........

i would add diesel but i suspect thats 2 or more years out and in the plans..

take note Honda is reading the oil price tea-leaves and planning accordingly.. gas with be above 5 bucks a gallon in the us within 2 years.. mayhap more.. world wide in some places it will approach 10 bucks a gallon...

Old 07-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I believe this is a repost.

And don't count on flex fuel as an option. I'd rather have hydro.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by tolnep
hows about a version that gets AT LEAST mid 40s on the interstate? how bout flex fuel?

AND

hows about an SI version........

i would add diesel but i suspect thats 2 or more years out and in the plans..

take note Honda is reading the oil price tea-leaves and planning accordingly.. gas with be above 5 bucks a gallon in the us within 2 years.. mayhap more.. world wide in some places it will approach 10 bucks a gallon...
A Fit Si???? Thats would sweet!

Old 07-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Steeldog
So is it like the colorful sketches we've seen elsewhere in the forums?

Hopefully, most everything mechanical will stay the same, so you modders won't have trouble finding stuff for your current year-model Fits.

I am glad to have the '07. Doubt the subcompact market in the US will ever get as big as it is in Europe and Asia, so it should retain its "different" vibe no matter what Honda does to the next generation of Fits.
The Fit is great, but there's A LOT of room for improvement. That's just how it is.

As I've mentioned before, I doubt it'll be 2009-2010 before the United States sees it. The Civic is only two years old into its new generation. I did however read that the next Fit is to be assembled at Honda's new 4-cyl. plant, which would be nice. Then a lot of folks who want one will be able to find one. The east coast has apparently been the worst at getting them. At least New England was.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by jbrisson
I believe this is a repost.

And don't count on flex fuel as an option. I'd rather have hydro.
No, this isn't a repost. The article is dated July 18th, 2007, and I quote: "Honda CEO Takeo Fukui said in Japan today in a speech updating the automaker's progress on its three-year strategic plan."

Old 07-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by TOOL
A Fit Si???? Thats would sweet!
Only if it was the current body style. Without a doubt the new Fit will have an Si version. The Fit/Jazz is known for being an econo car OUT of the states.

Now that its going to have a new design, it'll probably be built in US/Canada. Itll ruin the build quality
So glad to have a REAL Fit.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Sho Nuff

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Now that its going to have a new design, it'll probably be built in US/Canada. Itll ruin the build quality
So glad to have a REAL Fit.
I second that, MX6. Can I get an AMEN!!!

BTW Tolnep, can you help me out with some winning lottery numbers for next week? Just jivin you, I sure hope you're wrong about gas prices in 5 years.

Last edited by Steeldog; 07-18-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
I've read that Honda will sell the second-generation Fit in the USA as early as the end of 2007. The reason is simple: USA and Canada gets their Fits from Japan, and given that Honda's assembly line in Japan will not have tooling for TWO different generations of this car, it would likely sell the new model here in the USA by end of 2007.

I am taking an educated guess that Honda will assemble the new Fit at its new Greensburg, IN facility to supply USA, Canada and Mexico (no more Fits imported from Brazil for the Mexican market).

By the way, watch for disguised prototypes of the new Fit to start running around the USA as early as the end of August 2007.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
given that Honda's assembly line in Japan will not have tooling for TWO different generations of this car, it would likely sell the new model here in the USA by end of 2007.

I have no idea where this came from. Why is this a given? Suzuka No. 2, where the current Fit is being assembled, can run as many as eight (8) different models simultaneously. They can keep the tooling for the current Fit and next-gen Fit together for as long as serves the purpose.

And the line does not operate by the model name like the Fit, but rather, by the product numbers such as GD1 and GD2. So there will be no problem sorting the two generations of the Fit being assembled at the same time. To the line, it would just be GD1-xxxx for NA, and GDwhatever-xxxx for JDM and rest of the world.

Greensburg has no plans to assemble the Fit when it first goes online. Honda's current plan only shows the Civic as the model to be assembled, at least initially. Once the Civic line gets under way, Honda may also introduce other models such as the Fit. But it is not in their production plan, at least not at this point in time.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:01 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
So in short.... the 2008 fit in north america will be the same as the 2007 model, right?

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit